The Beautiful Game - World Cup Chat

tamotu99

10372837_698292233571157_4492134512093511477_o.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willcarltondance01.gif

jw24

Man, what drama that game was. I'll break this down really simple:

The Good
Offensively, the US were much better as opposed to Ghana. If they had capitalized on their set pieces, which is a strength, maybe that 3rd goal would've come. Great goal by Jermaine Jones. DeAndre Yedlin proved to be a great sub providing the 2nd one. Michael Bradley had a much better game than the first. The response after conceding that first goal instilled a lot of confidence going forward so maybe there is some mental toughness in this team.

The bad
Really? Another early goal conceded in a World Cup?! The fault is 1000% on Geoff Cameron. If you're going to clear the ball, clear it right. Clear it up, not across! Howard was in no man's land once Nani faked him. And that goal at the end by Portugal, I have no words for that. I didn't buy for a second that Ronaldo was not 100% fit. If Michael Jordan can lead his Bulls to a Game 5 on the road with the flu, anyone can overcome any injury to get a result.

What it means for the US:
A win or a draw against Germany guarantees a spot in the Round of 16. A win will top the group, a draw will send Germany and the US through but Germany would top the group because of goal difference.

If the US loses, it will all depend on the Portugal-Ghana game. A draw will eliminate both Ghana and Portugal. The almighty goal difference will be the tiebreaker. Currently, the USA goal difference is +1, Ghana's is -1, and Portugal is -4.

So it's wait until Thursday.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Man, what drama that game was. I'll break this down really simple:

The Good
Offensively, the US were much better as opposed to Ghana. If they had capitalized on their set pieces, which is a strength, maybe that 3rd goal would've come. Great goal by Jermaine Jones. DeAndre Yedlin proved to be a great sub providing the 2nd one. Michael Bradley had a much better game than the first. The response after conceding that first goal instilled a lot of confidence going forward so maybe there is some mental toughness in this team.

The bad
Really? Another early goal conceded in a World Cup?! The fault is 1000% on Geoff Cameron. If you're going to clear the ball, clear it right. Clear it up, not across! Howard was in no man's land once Nani faked him. And that goal at the end by Portugal, I have no words for that. I didn't buy for a second that Ronaldo was not 100% fit. If Michael Jordan can lead his Bulls to a Game 5 on the road with the flu, anyone can overcome any injury to get a result.

What it means for the US:
A win or a draw against Germany guarantees a spot in the Round of 16. A win will top the group, a draw will send Germany and the US through but Germany would top the group because of goal difference.

If the US loses, it will all depend on the Portugal-Ghana game. A draw will eliminate both Ghana and Portugal. The almighty goal difference will be the tiebreaker. Currently, the USA goal difference is +1, Ghana's is -1, and Portugal is -4.

So it's wait until Thursday.
If Germany beats the US, Ghana stands a reasonable chance of knocking us out if they defeat Portugal with a score of at least 2 and a goal differential of at least 1.

And wha stinks is that both games are going to be played at the same time!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom