The Awesome 80s

big80sanddisney

I think Browne was trying to make ironic commentary about lawyers and their thirst for money...

I could be wrong. I was only a kid when that video aired.

How about videos from movies? I'm a fan of the video for "Weird Science". Danny Elfman with a wacko look on his face, at the end coming face-to-face with the lovely Kelly LeBrock who is almost a foot taller than him.

Paul McCartney's "Spies Like Us" was a fun video, with Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Donna Dixon and Vanessa Angel lipsynching backing vocals.

Slightly O/T: Angel would play LeBrock's character on the 90s TV show version of "Weird Science".

Patti LaBelle's "Something Special" from "Outrageous Fortune". The video featured George Carlin in his character of Frank Madras, the "Indian Tracker". Funny stuff, although I'm not really a Carlin fan.

Anymore?

Sincerely,

John "big80sanddisney" Kilduff

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by pinkrose
I liked that video by Naked Eyes... "There's Always Something There to Remind Me". Another fav is by Madness "Our House"
Wow, I could go on and on. lol

I forgot to tell you! Tonite, coming home from work, I heard Always Something There To Remind Me in the car! :)

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Oh my...I resemble that link!!

Oh my goodness...this is ME!!!

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!! :lol:

Anyone see the WWD extra on the fall accessories...legwarmers and double belts are coming back :lookaroun

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
I just had to come dredge this one up again :lol:

Crotchety old officemate has left to take his hippie daughter to the airport, so I get to listen to my 80s music while hes out :sohappy:

So, I log onto moontaxi's Ultimate 80s mix, and a blast from the past comes on...Gregg Kinn (sp?) Band "Jeopardy". So, having not heard this in a looong time, I start to sing along...until I realize that Im not singing the same words as the band is. Then it dawns on me. Im singing I LOST ON JEOPARDY, BABY...WOO~OOO~OOO...just like WEIRD AL! :lol:

Gotta love Weird Al :lol: Wonder what I would be singing if Beat It came on? :lol:

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
I just had to come dredge this one up again :lol:

Crotchety old officemate has left to take his hippie daughter to the airport, so I get to listen to my 80s music while hes out :sohappy:

So, I log onto moontaxi's Ultimate 80s mix, and a blast from the past comes on...Gregg Kinn (sp?) Band "Jeopardy". So, having not heard this in a looong time, I start to sing along...until I realize that Im not singing the same words as the band is. Then it dawns on me. Im singing I LOST ON JEOPARDY, BABY...WOO~OOO~OOO...just like WEIRD AL! :lol:

Gotta love Weird Al :lol: Wonder what I would be singing if Beat It came on? :lol:

*puts in Crushgroove in VCR & grabs some cardboard too*

"grunt, umph, omph" I need help to do the windmill!

tigsmom

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
*puts in Crushgroove in VCR & grabs some cardboard too*

"grunt, umph, omph" I need help to do the windmill!

Carefull you might strain something!

Lisa, where have you been ?!:wave:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Carefull you might strain something!

Lisa, where have you been ?!:wave:

In h*ll, surrounded by IDIOTS, Madaline :brick: The level of stupidity in my office just boggles my mind! I hope to banter mindlessly and lounge late into the night tonite though :wave:

Heh...John Mellencamp and Authority Song are playing now...and its so true :lol:

Maria

Sorry for the thread drift, but I went to see "Down with love" a chick flick with Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor based in the 60's and I love the fashion for those years. Surprise surprise, I went to ZARA last night and they have dresses, coats, shoes, and everything from that time! I felt like if I jumped back in time (my mom´s time, of course). I am so happy! I need to get a miniskirt dress to wear with my high boots asap! Yeay! :) (I´d be happier if the weather here was a bit cooler though... it would make a lot more sense... :rolleyes: )

:animwink:

Bagheera

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
Wonder what I would be singing if Beat It came on? :lol:

Have a banana
Have a whole bunch
It doesn't matter
What you had for lunch
Just Eat It.

Oh, btw, it's the Greg Kihn Band, Lisa. :)

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Mark, you made me spit at my screen!!

I miss the 80s and the fun songs Weird Al did. I remember "Amish Paradise" and the video, which cracked me up. MTV has no sense of humor anymore...or videos for that matter. I miss that :(

Bagheera

Ah, the good old days of MTV. Mark Goodman, J.J. Jackson, Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood, and -- of course -- Martha Quinn. Oy. I'm feeling old again....

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by Bagheera
Ah, the good old days of MTV. Mark Goodman, J.J. Jackson, Alan Hunter, Nina Blackwood, and -- of course -- Martha Quinn. Oy. I'm feeling old again....

Oh, I adored Alan Hunter...and hated Martha Quinn. Hated that they called her MCQ. Hated that she called them "Men Sans Chapeau". Hated when I watched her interview The Police and she GUSHED all over Sting. Hated it. I liked Nina Blackwood and her odd hair much more.

In fact, I SAW Nina on Dinner and a Movie recently. Shes a bit thicker around the middle (arent we all?) but it was like, instant flashback!!

I miss the good old days of MTV :cry:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Too bad you cant quote a sig line, because Andys definitely got a quotable one:

"Sign of aging: many WDW members don't know what a Commodore 64 computer was."

I REMEMBER!!! Captain Kirk did the commercials for them!!! :D

MSN homepage had a thing today on how to tell you are old. One of them was

* There was this amazing new video game called "Pong."

and the next one...

* And you thought it had the most advanced graphics imaginable.

My Pong game is sitting on top of the shelf in the hall closet, part of what we refer to as "An homage to the 70s". The Kitchen Magician and the Presto SuperShooter (both in Avacado Green) reside along side of it :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom