The Awesome 80s

tigsmom

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Old is when we were still in school and people spoke about The 60's and 50's. Now you've got kids oblivious to what a cassette single is.:lol: Never mind the Atari 2600 system or the Pong set you got from Radio Shack......

Speaking of Radio Shack, did anyone else ever get that "Build your own radio receiver" set? :D

I still have my Atari set up and all the games. :lol:
My brothers had build your own radios and radio controlled planes.

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
You guys are killing me :lol:

Madaline, when you define 'classic' that way, it doesnt make me feel as old :lol:

Yes, I still have PONG! Its on top of the hall closet on the shelf we refer to as "the homage to the 70s". Supershooter (which I DO use :D ) and the Kitchen Magician also reside up there. We used to set that Pong up on the old black and white console tv and make it so that the ball blip just batted between the longer blips. Made the cat go NUTS! :lol:

We had Intellivision. Its probably on the shelf of the other hall closet. Gotta be an homage to the 80s on some shelf! :lol:

wdwhoneymooner

How about the Miami Vice look? I had a few of those unconstructed blazers with pastel t-shirts and matching weaved sandels. I donated them to charity so there's gotta be some guy out there looking like Don Johnson circa 1985.

We can't forget 21 Jump Street can we? Johnny Depp's claim to fame!

tigsmom

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
You guys are killing me :lol:

Madaline, when you define 'classic' that way, it doesnt make me feel as old :lol:

Yes, I still have PONG! Its on top of the hall closet on the shelf we refer to as "the homage to the 70s". Supershooter (which I DO use :D ) and the Kitchen Magician also reside up there. We used to set that Pong up on the old black and white console tv and make it so that the ball blip just batted between the longer blips. Made the cat go NUTS! :lol:

We had Intellivision. Its probably on the shelf of the other hall closet. Gotta be an homage to the 80s on some shelf! :lol:

Remember: we are not old, we are experienced. (some of us more so than others. :cry: )

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Remember: we are not old, we are experienced. (some of us more so than others. :cry: )

We have had some GREAT 80s experiences though. Just think...we actually SAW Pretty in Pink...unlike someone else we know :lol:

tigsmom

We have had some GREAT 80s experiences though. Just think...we actually SAW Pretty in Pink...unlike someone else we know :lol:

:eek: :lol:

Ok, I'll rent it.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Heard Depeche Mode's "People are People" during the commute. And then saw a mild case of road rage too. Sheeeesh! :(
Ironic isn`t it? :lol:
I just downloaded Never ending story to my ringtones for my cell phone! :D

Debbie

Road Rage is sooooo 90s :lookaroun

Flashdance was on WE late last night..but I fell asleep around the part where she breaks Michael Nouri's window :lol:

*sings 'I'm goin on a Manhunt'*

I still have my TV that I bought in 1983, when my mom was showing me how to establish credit. No remote here; it's the old dial! It still has a great picture

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by Debbie
*sings 'I'm goin on a Manhunt'*

I still have my TV that I bought in 1983, when my mom was showing me how to establish credit. No remote here; it's the old dial! It still has a great picture

I still have the car I bought in 1988 :lol: Doesnt look like much NOW, but in its day...it was HOT :D

Ooohhh Duran Duran "Notorious" just came on Radio AOL's Aweseome 80s!! :sohappy:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
WDWHoneymooners last post in the "What are you listening to" thread made me think...

Whats your favorite video from the 80s? I think mine is Boys of Summer. Dont know why though. I just love it!

wdwhoneymooner

WDWHoneymooners last post in the "What are you listening to" thread made me think...

Whats your favorite video from the 80s? I think mine is Boys of Summer. Dont know why though. I just love it!

Name's Andy in case I forgot to mention it. :D

Power Station's Some Like it Hot. Love the drums in that song.

Close second: Wierd Al's "Just Eat it" :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

I loved "Sweet Dreams are Made of This" by the Eurythmics. It was a lot of fun when videos just started, because nobody knew what to do and there was a lot of creativity. After a while it seems that everybody just settled into patterns.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

Oh, and off that same album, "The End of the Innocence" I absolutely loved when the song said "let your hair fall all around me" and they showed an image of a guy getting his hair clipped for the military. That was moment of pure visual genius. Those sort of touches are what make the really good videos add to the song.

Debbie

Remember 'Only the Lonely' by the Motels? or Voices Carry by Til Tuesday? *makes plans to go Karaoke---$500.00 contest on Thursdays*

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by garyhoov
I loved "Sweet Dreams are Made of This" by the Eurythmics. It was a lot of fun when videos just started, because nobody knew what to do and there was a lot of creativity. After a while it seems that everybody just settled into patterns.

Gary, you are so right! No one knew what to expect whenever a new video debuted. They were all so different. I remember when Springsteen released Born In The USA and filmed the video for Dancin in the Dark (hello, Courtney , as much as she hates to be reminded ;) ) We couldnt WAIT because up to that point, all we had from Bruce was performance videos from his concerts (Rosalita anyone? ;) ) There was so much excitement over that video...and its still one of my favorites :)

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by Debbie
Remember 'Only the Lonely' by the Motels? or Voices Carry by Til Tuesday? *makes plans to go Karaoke---$500.00 contest on Thursdays*

Hush hush
Keep it down now
Voices Carry...

(one of my friends used to sing "Hush hush, even downtown, its so scary" :lol: :lol: :lol: )

pinkrose

I liked that video by Naked Eyes... "There's Always Something There to Remind Me". Another fav is by Madness "Our House"
Wow, I could go on and on. lol

darthdarrel

LOL! I met Aimie Mann She`s very nice ,but boy can she party!:D
I love "Our house" and The Promise and always something there to remind me! :D :sohappy:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
How about Jackson Brown's "Lawyers in Love"? Omg, I hated that song and the video! Every time I think of it, I visualize that guy in his suit, standing in the sunroof, paddeling that BMW. What WAS that supposed to represent?! :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom