The Awesome 80s

Bagheera

> save

I'm gonna have to come back to this later. I'm running late for class, and the sysop's looking kinda funny at me for chewing cycles on the mainframe.

(Boy, what a flashback!) :lol: :lol:

The Mom

Premium Member
Does this mean my daughter's old Paradise Estate and My Little Pony collection might actually be worth something? :sohappy:

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by The Mom
Does this mean my daughter's old Paradise Estate and My Little Pony collection might actually be worth something? :sohappy:

Could be......there's a collector for everything.

I love to watch Antiques Roadshow on PBS and seeing the reactions of folks when they find out the value of some things they pick up @ estate sales, yard sales, etc. I remember this kid brought in an acoustic guitar signed by Jimmy Hendrix and it was appaised for some ridiculous amount like $50,000!

I've got some old comicbooks I used to collect long ago and once in a blue moon I look up its current value just for curiosity's sake.

tigsmom

Originally posted by The Mom

Sounds like it. We have a huge MY Little Pony set from my 25 y/0 niece (most of which I bought anyway. :lol: )
Time to check out ebay.

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
I have a pair of "Menudo" acid washed jeans with zippers on the ankles in a size 8 still hanging in my closet. Think anyone on evilbay would want them, Tigsmom? :lol:

Actually, I was in a funky place in the 80s...started hs in 1979, graduated college in 1986, and started working. Soo...I went from student to adult in that decade...and my vast collections of junk prove it! From Tom Cruise Wayfarers on my Grumpy Bear (but they looked so cute!) to gigantic gold chain belts for that "Chanel" look to my 'corporate' suits, I think I hit every pop culture craze in the decade!!

Oh..."(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" is playing on my 80s radio now :D

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
I have a pair of "Menudo" acid washed jeans with zippers on the ankles in a size 8 still hanging in my closet. Think anyone on evilbay would want them, Tigsmom? :lol:

Perhaps if Ricky Martin were wearing them! :D

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Perhaps if Ricky Martin were wearing them! :D

Sadly, I also have a glut of Ricky Martin paraphinalia that I need to unload over in Ricky~land (where I came from :lookaroun ) too. Anyone interested in a Ricky Martin throw with matching pillow? :lol:

"Manic Monday" by the Bangles is on 80s radio now :)

tigsmom

The 80's were quite interesting for me...went from being a single gal just trying to make a living, to a wife ('82) to a stay at home mom('88). Ah, the choices we make..........

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by tigsmom
The 80's were quite interesting for me...went from being a single gal just trying to make a living, to a wife ('82) to a stay at home mom('88). Ah, the choices we make..........

Nothing wrong with staying home. Earlier this year I left my job to care for our son, who was experiencing some health issues. I stayed @ home for 5 months. My DW wasn't ready to stay home yet. I loved the time I had to bond with our Little Guy..........

Found another position fairly quickly (lucky me) and all is well. Would I stay home if the situation arose again? Sure, why not? Wouldn't bother me at all. :)

tigsmom

Not complaining about being a stay at home mom...I love it. Its nice to be there when the kids get home. Tried going back to work full time a few years ago... extra money was nice, but I missed my special time with the kids. Tried part time...only when the kids were in school, working in a book store. Loved it. Got to have all my books and be there for the kids, but the store was a victim of the economic times. :(
School is closed today and we are going to "do lunch" and maybe a little window shopping...girls day out. :wave:

wdwhoneymooner

Duran Duran is coming to Atlanta on 11/21! Tix are $60 face value. It's their last time touring......

"The wild boys are calling
on their way back from the fire"

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Andy! You MUST go!!! $60 is cheap, when you consider that the 'cheap' tix for The Eagles in Atlantic City this summer were $99!! :eek:

They had a date in NYC too...sold out in 3.5 seconds :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom