The Awesome 80s

Debbie

My kitchen counter top is still Harvest Gold. When the carpet is pulled back in our den; lemon/lime vinyl is revealed:hurl: . Speaking of MTV, I really miss VH-1 Sunday Brunch.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Dungeons & Dragons, anyone? I've got the dice and handbook.
I never could figure out that game LOL!
Some friends tried to get me in to their group,and I tried but it went way over my head! LOL!:lol:

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I never could figure out that game LOL!
Some friends tried to get me in to their group,and I tried but it went way over my head! LOL!:lol:

Before chatrooms and the Internet, this was how we stayed in the loop while in college. Like a freakin' monopoly marathon, it would take forever to finish.....sheesh!

Bagheera

I remember running programs for my stepfather on his XT and AT with the acoustic phone coupler.

The first computer that I really played with was a Commodore PET, complete with cassette tape drive.

I waited so long to get my first computer that I missed the C64 and got a C128. It was so hot, I had the 512K RAM Expander, and I upgraded my original 300 baud modem to 1200 baud. That thing screamed! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
I never did play Dungeons and Dragons. I did have this odd little game on the old IBM 2~floppy pc though. It was like, a word game. You walked thru caves and threw axes and killed little dwarfs. NO idea what it was. I had pacman too..on a green crt screen :lol:

I remember when my college was gifted by IBM with a brand spanking new computer lab...PS2s with that NEW graphic color monitor that actually LOOKED like REAL photos! We learned Lotus 1-2-3, the accounting industry standard, on those things ;)

Bagheera

Back in the days when floppies really WERE floppy!!

And I remember that game (or at least one like it). It was called "Cave," I believe. There were magic words that took you to other locations, including "plugh," "plover," and "xyzzy." My favorite parts were the maze of twisty little passages, all alike, and the maze of twisty little passages, all different. :lookaroun :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by Bagheera
Back in the days when floppies really WERE floppy!!

My first job out of college was at the corporate hq of Texaco. I worked in financial reporting (hence my hatred of all things accounting :lol: ) We had actual secretaries who had something they called the micom...word processors with GIGANTIC floppies! Bigger even than those on my old IBM! Those things were HUGE!

We had TWO, count em, TWO pc's for about 25 or so people!! We had these gigantic reports that printed out nightly on good old green bar paper and we would work off of those! Everything was manual. And this was what? 1987? Our annual report schedules were done on those two little pcs, then sent to a printer, who would in turn return some gigantic poster sized print to you, where you would make any corrections...send it back...repeat exercise...until it was CORRECT! Any wonder it took us from January to March to get that annual report done? :brick:

I didnt think I was really THAT old until I started thinking about this!!!! :lol:

wdwhoneymooner

Solid Gold Dancers, with host Rex Smith and Marilyn McCoo. With performances tonight by Air Supply, Hall & Oates and The Jets.

......and Sheena Easton before she met Prince and became "trampy" (sold more records?).

Bagheera

Originally posted by Wckd Queen We had actual secretaries who had something they called the micom...word processors with GIGANTIC floppies! Bigger even than those on my old IBM! Those things were HUGE!

Terak disks!! I still have one... um... somewhere around here.....

Bagheera

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Solid Gold Dancers, with host Rex Smith and Marilyn McCoo. With performances tonight by Air Supply, Hall & Oates and The Jets.

......and Sheena Easton before she met Prince and became "trampy" (sold more records?).

Or Dance Fever, with Denney Terrio. Not that I ever watched that.... :rolleyes:

[EDIT: wait, was that the 70's?]

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
I never did play Dungeons and Dragons. I did have this odd little game on the old IBM 2~floppy pc though. It was like, a word game. You walked thru caves and threw axes and killed little dwarfs.
That's not nice... :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Smash the mailbox with a baseball bat [enter]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You had to imagine the scenarios otherwise you couldnt play..which is why I always wound up getting:

"Congratulations. You have just killed a defensless dwarf" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom