The Awesome 80s

Pippa

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
We've got a radio station in Atlanta, WMAX 105.3, that plays nothing but the 80's. Needless to say, my car's radio is superglued to it.

The ultimate 80's revival movie: The Wedding Singer with A. Sandler and D. Barrrymore. Soundtrack has all the songs you remember like Kajagoogoo, Culture Club, etc.

Here's a tape I'm ashamed to admit I had: Rick Astley. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with Rick, in fact I recently got his Greatest Hits CD!

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
HS class of 82, College class of 86. We were billed as the first "computer literate" class :lol:

All the hairspray we used on our Big 80s hair! We must be the reason for the hole in the ozone layer! And can you say EYELINER? Yikes. I think I went thru a black kohl pencil a month!!

Lately, Ive listened almost exclusively to 80s music. Loved it all! DuranDuran, Talking Heads, Police, Devo, Flock of Seagulls, Pat Bennitar, Cyndi Lauper...the list goes on and on...

Anyone have an all time fave video from the 80s? Mines Boys of Summer :)

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Saftey Dance by Men Without Hats.

I can dance if I want to....

Every time Martha Quinn played that video she would call them "Men Sans Chappeau" (not sure about the spelling here) It used to make me buggy! That and them calling her MCQ or The Mighty Quinn. Ooohh..I just didnt like Martha Quinn I guess. Although I adored Alan Hunter ;)

pinkrose

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
Every time Martha Quinn played that video she would call them "Men Sans Chappeau" (not sure about the spelling here) It used to make me buggy! That and them calling her MCQ or The Mighty Quinn. Ooohh..I just didnt like Martha Quinn I guess. Although I adored Alan Hunter ;)

I liked Alan Hunter the best also. Not only because he was sooooo cute, but he's also from here. :) I see him around town sometimes and he still looks the same. lol

Tigggrl

Its 80's weekend on Comedy Central!
St. Elmos Fire is one of my Fav movies! Rob Lowe was HOTTTT in that bad boy way!

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tigggrl
Its 80's weekend on Comedy Central!
St. Elmos Fire is one of my Fav movies! Rob Lowe was HOTTTT in that bad boy way!

The Love Theme from that movie was big when I was a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding. The keyboard player in the band was HOT and he played it for me :kiss: It was a 'family' band, and the father, who was the leader, came up to me and said "I would love to have you in my family!" I hid for the rest of the night :lol:

PrincessAli

okay I know this was the END END END of the eighties but I wanted to share too....

pic_1.jpg

...d-d-d-danger, watch behind you, there's a stranger out to find you...

Ellen Ripley

how can we be having an eighties discussion with out discussing adam ant? i think he would have made a great jack sparrow...twenty years ago...and thank you darth for mentioning the great gary numan.

:)

pinkrose

Originally posted by mansionmaiden
how can we be having an eighties discussion with out discussing adam ant? i think he would have made a great jack sparrow...twenty years ago...and thank you darth for mentioning the great gary numan.

Oh, I LOVED Adam Ant!!! *....if you strip for me...I'll strip for you *

tigsmom

Originally posted by mansionmaiden

Thats CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. :lol:

and I loved Adam Ant. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
For those of you who were too young to remember the '80's, keep in mind, there were two '80's: "the real '80's" and "the MTV '80's".

If you went out to particularly trendy clubs, you might have seen someone dressed up like Madonna, but, most people out on the street looked very similar to what they look like now.

170780_s-med.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom