The Awesome 80s

Tigggrl

DOH!
My Bad!
It was Oingo Boingo...I keep seeing Lizards roasting over an open fire...I guess it just seems fitting!
And NO! I did not do drugs in the 80's....:lol: :lol: :p
STILL Love his stuff...especiall when he works with Tim Burton...

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Tigggrl
DOH!
My Bad!
It was Oingo Boingo...I keep seeing Lizards roasting over an open fire...I guess it just seems fitting!
And NO! I did not do drugs in the 80's....:lol: :lol: :p
STILL Love his stuff...especiall when he works with Tim Burton...

:lol: :lol: :animwink:

tigsmom

Originally posted by SirNim
The 80s are Awesome only because I was born in 'em in '88... ;) Without me, the 80s are as lame as Disco. ;)

Ah yes, 1988 I remember it well. Spent most of the year suffering from morning sickness and the rest dealing with a colicky baby.
Best year of my life. :D

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by pinkrose
Oh the 80's were AWSOME!! The music was the best.

Lisa, I agree John T. looks EXACTLY like he did during the Seven and the Ragged Tigger era. :lol: Now Roger on the other hand.... :kiss: Simon.... he didn't age very well. ;)

How about those 80's fashions? Big shirts, big belts, big hair, mini skirts....

Seven and the Ragged Tiger...omg...I loved that album! :lol:

I had big shirts, big hair, big belts, and high heels. Had mini skirts, which I wore with the high heels ;)

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by darthdarrel
Danny was in Wall of Voodoo?? Wow I didn`t know that!..... I knew he was in Oingo Boingo! :D

Who was it in Wall of Voodoo? I want to say Fee Wayble but Im not sure...and who was the guy in the Tubes? :veryconfu

Omg, I used to KNOW all of this!!! :cry:

pinkrose

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
Seven and the Ragged Tiger...omg...I loved that album! :lol:

I had big shirts, big hair, big belts, and high heels. Had mini skirts, which I wore with the high heels ;)

Remember bubble skirts? LMAO They weren't around long.

I'd get up at 5:30 every morning just to hot roll my hair and tease it. Then spay it with none other than Aqua Net. :lol: Then I'd stuff the pick, Aqua Net, make up, and what ever else into my banana purse and off to school. :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Remember bubble skirts? LMAO They weren't around long.

I'd get up at 5:30 every morning just to hot roll my hair and tease it. Then spay it with none other than Aqua Net. :lol: Then I'd stuff the pick, Aqua Net, make up, and what ever else into my banana purse and off to school. :lol:

OMG, gobs of mousse, sometimes some gel as well, hot curlers, curling iron (remember the iron with the wire around it to get the giant ringlette curls? :lol: ) maximum hold spray, and I had one of those little thin round brushes to get the flat spots :lol: Then more spray to 'set' the 'do :lol:

What about makeup? I had an eye shadow duo from Lancome that was black and pink! :eek:

pinkrose

OMG, gobs of mousse, sometimes some gel as well, hot curlers, curling iron (remember the iron with the wire around it to get the giant ringlette curls? :lol: ) maximum hold spray, and I had one of those little thin round brushes to get the flat spots :lol: Then more spray to 'set' the 'do :lol:

What about makeup? I had an eye shadow duo from Lancome that was black and pink! :eek:

OMG! The make-up.... we'd take lighters and melt our black eye liner so it would go on darker. :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
OMG! The make-up.... we'd take lighters and melt our black eye liner so it would go on darker. :lol:

OMG! I had forgotten about that! I always carried a book of matches...even though I never smoked! :lol:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Who knew Mr. Wall Of Voodoo would be the amazing composer he is today?? Danny Elfman is a music legend!
I LOVE The 80's!
Class of '84:p
Class of 84 eh? I`m class of "85" :sohappy:

Debbie

Class of '82 here!!:wave: Great thread (yet I used to think my parents were fuddy duddys talking about their wonderful decade).
I used to keep Grand Finale in business; that stuff was like cement! You guys are going to make me go buy a new turntable and start spinning my records; I have hundreds of them. What's first? Rigormortis, Somebody's Watching Me, Sugar Walls. Then I'll dig out my Journey and Van Halen. I'll be hours! and the housework might get done faster!
Makeup? If I would put that much on now; I'd feel like Elvira!

wdwhoneymooner

Class of 1988. Wore my hair spiked with blonde colored tips and a ponytail that rested between my shoulder blades. Had a bottle of Stiff Stuff hairspay in the locker with a bottle of Polo cologne too. Had friends who wore their hair that would put A Flock of Seagulls to shame and used false British accents like Ready for the World

*cues the music*
Oh, oh Sheila
let me love you 'til the morning comes

And lest we forget Morris Day?

Jungle Love
The Bird

Erika

Yay, the 80s!! I was born in 77 so the first half of the 80s for me means Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Ponies (before they became anorexic). But by the time the decade was over, I too was teasing my hair skyward and melting my eyeliner (which I was not allowed to wear to school, but oh well, goodtimes anyhow).

My nostalgic event-planner friend is having an 80s party next weekend. :sohappy:

Pippa

I was a class of '90, so I 'did' the 80's while at school but they were so much fun. I think they should set the next Austin Powers movie in the 80's! Groovy Baby!:lol:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Class of 1988. Wore my hair spiked with blonde colored tips and a ponytail that rested between my shoulder blades. Had a bottle of Stiff Stuff hairspay in the locker with a bottle of Polo cologne too. Had friends who wore their hair that would put A Flock of Seagulls to shame and used false British accents like Ready for the World

*cues the music*
Oh, oh Sheila
let me love you 'til the morning comes

And lest we forget Morris Day?

Jungle Love
The Bird
:lol: AS most of you know in the "80`s" I had What I like to call a "gothic" mullet
Shaved on the sides and long in the back but the top and front was spiked high and I used this extremely thick hairspray, lol I remember one time riding in my friends convertible and everyone was commenting that My hair wasn`t budging an inch in the wind! LOL!:lol:
by the way I`m listening to Cars by Gary Numan :D

wdwhoneymooner

We've got a radio station in Atlanta, WMAX 105.3, that plays nothing but the 80's. Needless to say, my car's radio is superglued to it.

The ultimate 80's revival movie: The Wedding Singer with A. Sandler and D. Barrrymore. Soundtrack has all the songs you remember like Kajagoogoo, Culture Club, etc.

Here's a tape I'm ashamed to admit I had: Rick Astley. :lol:

tigsmom

Originally posted by darthdarrel
:lol: AS most of you know in the "80`s" I had What I like to call a "gothic" mullet
Shaved on the sides and long in the back but the top and front was spiked high and I used this extremely thick hairspray, lol I remember one time riding in my friends convertible and everyone was commenting that My hair wasn`t budging an inch in the wind! LOL!:lol:
by the way I`m listening to Cars by Gary Numan :D

OMG! :lol: :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom