Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

Disneygoof21

The crew is hungry.

Em’s choice for lunch.

View attachment 461479

Since it’s such a gorgeous day, we want to dine outside. Eagle-eye Em spies a table that is getting wiped down. I know what she wants to eat (she always orders the same thing at La Cantina) so Woody and I get on line.

Empanadas con Queso for Em.
View attachment 461477

Tacos de Barbacoa for Woody.
View attachment 461478

Sopa de Fideos con Pollo for me.
View attachment 461482
(Gentle on my tummy. 😉)
I’m with Woody. Tacos every time 😋

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I were supposed to be on our way to WDW now.

BAA5A625-5EA4-4761-A9E5-E3E2602A13A0.gif

April trip canceled.
May trip canceled.
June trip canceled.

One would think we should be done with our strikes. (Kelly Pickler says so! 😉) But with the recent spike in FL COVID cases, it remains a real possibility that WDW may delay the reopening ~ thus adding our July trip to the canceled list.

Despite yesterday’s announcement of the Disney Parks Pass System, I still feel we’re in LIMBOLAND. Will we get park reservations for the parks we want on the days we want? Are we going to get to keep our WL reservation? What about dining?

And whose brilliant idea was it to open the Disney Parks Pass System to ALL guests with resort reservations and tickets (from July 11, 2020 to September 26, 2021!) at 7am Monday morning??!!! We are all familiar with how well Disney’s IT handles simultaneous huge volume. 🙄

What happened to the email that guests with reservations during the INITIAL REOPENING PERIOD were to receive, the one promising first access to the reservation system?

I never got mine.

But then I never got contacted regarding today’s original WL reservation either. Or any notification about my AP extension (which finally appeared in MDE at 11 pm last night, three days after AP extensions began rolling out.)

I don’t have a lot of hope for Monday. In fact, I am more stressed now than I ever was with logging in at 180 days to make ADRs or at 60 days to make FPs.

This is one wild ride I am ready to be over.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I am totally feeling what you are feeling right now. Tomorrow would have been our departure date and whenever I think about the reservation system opening up on Monday my stomach knots up. I don't have too much trust in Disney IT either, last year I experienced their reservation system for Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge opening which wasn't too bad but the D23 Expo system's reservations system was a complete failure which is a nice way to put it. Good luck getting your park reservations.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am totally feeling what you are feeling right now. Tomorrow would have been our departure date and whenever I think about the reservation system opening up on Monday my stomach knots up. I don't have too much trust in Disney IT either, last year I experienced their reservation system for Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge opening which wasn't too bad but the D23 Expo system's reservations system was a complete failure which is a nice way to put it. Good luck getting your park reservations.
Good luck to you too!

RememberWhen

View attachment 477856

April trip canceled.
May trip canceled.
June trip canceled.

One would think we should be done with our strikes. (Kelly Pickler says so! 😉) But with the recent spike in FL COVID cases, it remains a real possibility that WDW may delay the reopening ~ thus adding our July trip to the canceled list.

Despite yesterday’s announcement of the Disney Parks Pass System, I still feel we’re in LIMBOLAND. Will we get park reservations for the parks we want on the days we want? Are we going to get to keep our WL reservation? What about dining?

And whose brilliant idea was it to open the Disney Parks Pass System to ALL guests with resort reservations and tickets (from July 11, 2020 to September 26, 2021!) at 7am Monday morning??!!! We are all familiar with how well Disney’s IT handles simultaneous huge volume. 🙄

What happened to the email that guests with reservations during the INITIAL REOPENING PERIOD were to receive, the one promising first access to the reservation system?

I never got mine.

But then I never got contacted regarding today’s original WL reservation either. Or any notification about my AP extension (which finally appeared in MDE at 11 pm last night, three days after AP extensions began rolling out.)

I don’t have a lot of hope for Monday. In fact, I am more stressed now than I ever was with logging in at 180 days to make ADRs or at 60 days to make FPs.

I’m sure hoping tht everything runs smoothly for you! It does seem nuts that they want everyone with reservations any time in the next 15 months to be online at 7am on Monday to make park reservations...
I’ll be there with you as I need to try to make park reservations for our February trip as well as attempt to make park reservations for December. Since our gold passes are blocked out and I’m unable to upgrade them we’ll see what happens. But I’m hoping all goes well for you!!

riverside

Premium Member
My thoughts are that this is going to be a train wreck. I still haven't seen the extension on my AP. E has tried multiple times to add me
to her August reservation & they won't saying that they aren't doing modifications to any reservations right now. When she called yesterday the CM told her not to worry. Even though I'm not on the reservation she would still be able to make park reservations for me since I have AP :rolleyes: 🤔 That makes absolutely no sense based on what I've read. And, without a resort reservation(once AP's are allowed) you can only book 3 days. I may be spending a lot of time at the pool.........

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

View attachment 477856

April trip canceled.
May trip canceled.
June trip canceled.

I never got mine.

I'm with you about everything you're saying. I don't have much faith in Disney's IT either!, even if we get park reservations for our Aug and Dec trips on Monday morning (5am local time), we don't know if air-travel bans will be lifted by then, so our efforts, could all end up being in vain.

Let's all hope for good results on Monday. Good luck to you, and to us all! 🤞✨

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 477856

April trip canceled.
May trip canceled.
June trip canceled.

I never got mine.

Can't your Tuvalu business card allow you VIP entrance, to any of the parks? (I imagine they may not have any stage shows or parades just yet, but they will have standby CMs to operate any of the rides you may want to go on.) ;)

Rista1313

View attachment 477856

April trip canceled.
May trip canceled.
June trip canceled.

I never got mine.

I'm very glad we decided to go to Las Vegas this year instead... 96 days!

amjt660

Premium Member
Based on new cases yesterday (Sat June 20) the two Disney states are not heading in the right direction

817FC1DF-0BF0-42C1-B9F7-08B1592E7939.jpeg

Now both states are large and I am not sure where within them the cases are being reported

But opening more “large gathering sites” and keeping other sites open might not be the best approach

I feel for everyone in limbo right now

Max

Pirate Magic

I am with you 100%!!! l feel like we are all in quicksand and every time we move we keep sinking. I am going at the end of September with my family, I had to tell them this week no MNSSHP, and no park hopping. They are not too happy. Plus we are from NY which is another thing over our heads. I do feel I am making all these plans for nothing. So Sad.....😩

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll be with you on Monday morning, frantically trying to reserve for August and October. Trying not to be stressed about it because who even knows if we'll be going?!
My thoughts are that this is going to be a train wreck. I still haven't seen the extension on my AP. E has tried multiple times to add me
to her August reservation & they won't saying that they aren't doing modifications to any reservations right now. When she called yesterday the CM told her not to worry. Even though I'm not on the reservation she would still be able to make park reservations for me since I have AP :rolleyes: 🤔 That makes absolutely no sense based on what I've read. And, without a resort reservation(once AP's are allowed) you can only book 3 days. I may be spending a lot of time at the pool.........
Good luck to us all! I am really dreading Monday.
I'm with you about everything you're saying. I don't have much faith in Disney's IT either!, even if we get park reservations for our Aug and Dec trips on Monday morning (5am local time), we don't know if air-travel bans will be lifted by then, so our efforts, could all end up being in vain.

Let's all hope for good results on Monday. Good luck to you, and to us all! 🤞✨
Based on new cases yesterday (Sat June 20) the two Disney states are not heading in the right direction

View attachment 478164

Now both states are large and I am not sure where within them the cases are being reported

But opening more “large gathering sites” and keeping other sites open might not be the best approach

I feel for everyone in limbo right now

Max
I am with you 100%!!! l feel like we are all in quicksand and every time we move we keep sinking. I am going at the end of September with my family, I had to tell them this week no MNSSHP, and no park hopping. They are not too happy. Plus we are from NY which is another thing over our heads. I do feel I am making all these plans for nothing. So Sad.....😩

D74BA465-668E-4BA0-8974-5EB330978223.gif

DisneyGigi

Strangely enough, since we don’t have a trip booked or APs, I got an an email about our upcoming vacation.Regretting to inform my FP and dining had been cancelled. (I wish) it even went into details about how we had vaild tickets (Again, I wish) Major miscommunications going on right now. :-/

Last edited:

Matt and Kelly

We are hoping the border will remain closed that’s the only way we can get a credit for our rented points. As much as we love Disney and want to be there it’s terrifying to know how much our hospital bill could be if things don’t work out. But we too will be online at 5 am making reservations just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom