That time of year: pop warner football

zbsigpi

Lets back the bus up a little bit here folks and I will throw this wrench into the conversation. These children have every right to yell, scream, cheer and sing till they turn blue in the face and there is not a court of law that will say otherwise. I myself sometimes do not mind it one bit but I admit there are time when it gets way too much and that is when I step up and say something. If they stop great if not then you know I spoke my peace and I have to either keep trying or live with the outcome. Why because it is their right to do so.

Going political again,
Communication is the key to resolving issues we all have, when we stop communicating that is when things fall apart. And we all have an opinion and have a right to that opinion and that is where communication and compromise are the key to solving issues to everyones benefit. The world no longer wants to talk to each other and compromise is no longer an option!!!!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Lets back the bus up a little bit here folks and I will throw this wrench into the conversation. These children have every right to yell, scream, cheer and sing till they turn blue in the face and there is not a court of law that will say otherwise. I myself sometimes do not mind it one bit but I admit there are time when it gets way too much and that is when I step up and say something. If they stop great if not then you know I spoke my peace and I have to either keep trying or live with the outcome. Why because it is their right to do so.

Going political again,
Communication is the key to resolving issues we all have, when we stop communicating that is when things fall apart. And we all have an opinion and have a right to that opinion and that is where communication and compromise are the key to solving issues to everyones benefit. The world no longer wants to talk to each other and compromise is no longer an option!!!!
Actually, being on private property, Disney can say otherwise. And there's not a court of law in the land that would say different....

And spare me the self-serving prattle. You want communication? Then have the authority figures in these princesses' lives communicate basic manners to them....

lobelia

It all goes back to expecting some level of decorum in the parks not if they are breaking any laws, although some might consider this disorderly conduct. If I want to hear singing, chanting, cheering, I will go see the shows that WDW is presenting along with the student groups that have been invited to entertain crowds. Absent of a scheduled performance, I would like to hear the music in the parks, the sound of my son laughing, talking with my spouse, maybe even talking in line to strangers about where they are from. No one has a right to take this away from my experience by group cheers.

I also expect that WDW CMs help to monitor these situations, not other people attending the parks. WDW should lay out some expected guidelines that specifically address crowd behavior.

zbsigpi

Actually, being on private property, Disney can say otherwise. And there's not a court of law in the land that would say different....

And spare me the self-serving prattle. You want communication? Then have the authority figures in these princesses' lives communicate basic manners to them....

But Disney is making money on the deal why would they?
and basic manners I am sure they have but you adults are the ones that have the issue with cheering not them.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
and basic manners I am sure they have but you adults are the ones that have the issue with cheering not them.
Why would they ban drinking (until last year) in MK? Why would they not allow weapons into the parks? Why would they enforce where people parked? Shy are you asking increasingly irrelevant questions?

Again, not sure where you are able to speak for all the adults (or kids) that may or may not have issues with the cheering and chanting. Quite frankly, it's outside your purview. Again, plenty of posts on this site alone saying otherwise.

And once more, if they're expected to conduct themselves a certain way at home, in school, church, or more relevantly, while practicing and competing with cheer, then setting conduct guidelines for the parks shouldn't be an issue. And it shouldn't have to come from Disney or "the village" either....

lobelia

Because I assume Disney wants my money too.

By "them" do you mean Disney doesn't have a problem with cheering/chanting? I bet they do at guest relations when people are complaining about it. Look at the response from the other adults on this forum. It's inappropriate, bothersome, and rude to do this in the parks around other people trying to enjoy the parks.

psukardi

Sorry you feel that way!

If you think some random precious snowflake that doesn't have the decency to act polite in public is going to have a moment of clarity and go "I never thought about that before", you're sadly mistaken. Those kids at best will stifle themselves for a few moments and worst case say some horrible things to you knowing there is nothing you can do about it. You can verbally scold the child - but you're not a parent/teacher/authority figure. You can tell a CM but they don't want to upset the apple cart. You can complain to guest services but they are happy about all the money coming in and figure for every 1 of me that complain 9 don't so it's not worth the risk upsetting the tour groups.

The only saving grace is things like Pop-Warner are at a certain time of the year and you can schedule around it.

lobelia

I paid good money to go to the parks when the high school bands and choirs were there and I never saw one of those students (and there were plenty in matching t-shirts from all over the country) behave inappropriately or demonstrate any rudeness. They were monitored and they were taught that their actions reflect on their group/school. They were told if they misbehaved they would never be invited back to participate. So I don't blame "teenagers".

I blame the few who feel entitled to do anything they want. So if I am a cheer coach,football coach or tour guide that is taking a group to WDW, I'm going to tell them that they are participating in an activity where are they should demonstrate respect and appropriate behavior. Appropriate behavior includes realizing that there are other participants enjoying themselves. Any behavior that disrupts the ambiance at WDW is inappropriate. WDW needs to take a stand to control their parks and the experience of its guests.

zbsigpi

Because I assume Disney wants my money too.

By "them" do you mean Disney doesn't have a problem with cheering/chanting? I bet they do at guest relations when people are complaining about it. Look at the response from the other adults on this forum. It's inappropriate, bothersome, and rude to do this in the parks around other people trying to enjoy the parks.

Most certainly Disney wants your money too. But if you say no more there are 10 others waiting in line to take your place or for that matter 80 Brazilians. If you think about it there used to be specific times of the year when Disney was dead (wait times practically nothing and comparably few people in the parks). Disney began marketing to groups (Brazilians, Sports teams, ect) to fill in where there was a need (smart marketing people)!!!! Now it is relatively busy no matter when you go! Making money dollar after dollar. They like our money but there is always someone else waiting to give them money as well.

zbsigpi

If you think some random precious snowflake that doesn't have the decency to act polite in public is going to have a moment of clarity and go "I never thought about that before", you're sadly mistaken. Those kids at best will stifle themselves for a few moments and worst case say some horrible things to you knowing there is nothing you can do about it.

Again sorry you feel that way about our future! Give children some credit, I am sure someone gave you credit at some point in your childhood.

lobelia

I am perfectly prepared to walk away from Disney if I am no longer enjoying myself. I don't think that 80 Brazilians are waiting for the spot I took up at Disney. I don't care if there are 500. If they can afford it, they can go. I can no longer afford to pay money to Disney for vacations where hoards of students have the run on the park. My time on earth is too precious to be annoyed. At some point, I won't be the only one who walks away and WDW will either begin to hold these groups accountable or will have essentially changed the ambiance of the parks enough that I won't care.

psukardi

I am perfectly prepared to walk away from Disney if I am no longer enjoying myself. I don't think that 80 Brazilians are waiting for the spot I took up at Disney. I don't care if there are 500. If they can afford it, they can go. I can no longer afford to pay money to Disney for vacations where hoards of students have the run on the park. My time on earth is too precious to be annoyed. At some point, I won't be the only one who walks away and WDW will either begin to hold these groups accountable or will have essentially changed the ambiance of the parks enough that I won't care.

My fear is that it becomes just like Six Flags. An amusement park that's over run with the unwashed masses and a fear that you're going to have your car broken into in the parking lot.

psukardi

NONE, any court cases you can state where someone was found in violation of a law for cheering or singing?
Sure they have the "right" to act like that in the park; however, as a private enterprise Disney has the right to remove them from the property for their actions.

zbsigpi

Y'all get way too worked up over this. It's kids having fun, if you don't like it say something to them or guests services, they will give you a t-shirt and say have a nice day, next customer in line please.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Y'all get way too worked up over this. It's kids having fun, if you don't like it say something to them or guests services, they will give you a t-shirt and say have a nice day, next customer in line please.
Yeah, people should just sit back and take it when a group of princesses purposefully disrupts their very expensive vacation. No big deal. They're just misunderstood angels that the village hasn't looked after enough....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom