That time of year: pop warner football

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It should I agree. But who's going to be the kid to control the unruly ones of the bunch? To elaborate my middle school had gang members in it, and even the normal boys had "harmless pranks" like slamming someone's head into a locker, and stealing a speaker from someone and tossing it in a urine filled toilet. The girls were vicious and on the say so of just a few of them they could turn all of your friends against you like that. Who would risk being shunned from a group for being the one to ruin all the fun of everyone else just for some people they never met?

Is there anything I could say that wouldn't be belittled? If so by all means let me know.

If I defend myself I'm being a martyr, If I dare state my opinion I'm not taken respectfully. I've said unpopular things on these forums before but never encountered such hostility.

I have a right to an opinion. I'm sorry it isn't tailor made to satisfy everyone.
OMG...Slamming someones head into a locker is harmless???? Stealing should be condoned???

Do you really think that just because crap like this happens in real life that it should be accepted?

Should people really not stand up to unacceptable behavior?

To accept that this happens is tantamount to approval of such behavior.

You must be an adolescent hoodlum that continues to
  • shove peoples heads in the toilet
  • steal their belongings
  • urinate in public
You seem to think that these things are acceptable....God forbid that I am behind you in line at WDW ....Nah... I bet your farts don't stink either.

Fairybuzz

OMG...Slamming someones head into a locker is harmless???? Stealing should be condoned???

Do you really think that just because crap like this happens in real life that it should be accepted?

Should people really not stand up to unacceptable behavior?

To accept that this happens is tantamount to approval of such behavior.

You must be an adolescent hoodlum that continues to
  • shove peoples heads in the toilet (Never defended)
  • steal their belongings (never Defended
  • urinate in public (condemned in this very thread)
You seem to think that these things are acceptable....God forbid that I am behind you in line at WDW ....Nah... I bet your farts don't stink either.
I give up on this thread. You all love to miss the meaning of everything I say and twist it into somethine that serves your want to humiliate me and I wont stand for it anymore.

I dont condone any of this im just saying it shouldnt be surprising. Should people try to stop it? UHHH YOU BET THEY SHOULD! I was bullied relentlessly in that fashion I know how it feels. But to react as if its some sort of surprise that kids are mean implies that you don't pay attention to the world.

But no lets ignore the posts where I said I don't condone this behavior because its more fun to be mean to me. We all need a punching bag dont we?

I'm unwatching this thread because I refuse to be dehumanized and made into the target of every one's aggression over this.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I give up on this thread. You all love to miss the meaning of everything I say and twist it into somethine that serves your want to humiliate me and I wont stand for it anymore.

I dont condone any of this im just saying it shouldnt be surprising. Should people try to stop it? UHHH YOU BET THEY SHOULD! I was bullied relentlessly in that fashion I know how it feels. But to react as if its some sort of surprise that kids are mean implies that you don't pay attention to the world.

But no lets ignore the posts where I said I don't condone this behavior because its more fun to be mean to me. We all need a punching bag dont we?

I'm unwatching this thread because I refuse to be dehumanized and made into the target of every one's aggression over this.
Sorry if I upset you princess, but I just read what you posted and responded to what you said...perhaps you should proofread before hitting "REPLY"

luv

I would prefer youngling actually lol. Young lady is a thing guys call me when they tell me "let me handle it". Just a very negative thing in my head. Sorry about that

A. Ok so you admit that it does happen. Now haven't most of us done something in our past that we don't realize was wrong until later?

B. My opinion evolved during this discussion. I'll admit it. There have been some compelling arguments here and I've listened to them and made some new decisions.

However I wanted to help people understand why. Everything on this earth has a reason. The sun comes up because the world turns, the stars shine because their big balls of gasses and plasma. We can't just look at people and say "well why aren't you this way?" I don't understand how people can go tanning in those booths does that mean there isn't some reason they do? Why do people smoke? They know its deadly. There's an explanation for them too and who's to say its not valid to them. Every religious person has a reason for being so too. When someone is racist or sexist and their about to explain why I don't go booo shut up!! Because I want to listen. I want to understand why. I don't expect anyone here to change their opinions. I don't expect someone to say "oh those poor kids". Not at all. If someone did I'd be a little scared about now and question whether or not I'm living in some straw man world. Its because I want a chance to explain my position. Thats all. Don't I deserve that courtesy?
We already know why you did it. You were self-centered, thought you were cute (your words) and had no respect for the people around you.

You continue to suggest that if people don't like this type of behavior, they should stay out of the parks.

Yes, we've all behaved badly at some point in our lives, probably more than once. Anyone who says they have no regrets is a liar. We apologize. We do not say, "If you don't like my bad behavior, you shouldn't go where I might be!" and then joke about how ridiculous people were to actually expect us to behave properly.

This whining about being attacked is silly.

I'm beginning to find it difficult to believe that anyone could be as clueless as you are making yourself out to be.

***If anyone would like to call me a "young lady", I will be very happy, indeed. It would be incorrect, but I'll take it!!!***

zbsigpi

Going back to my original post on this subject. These children (football or cheer) are the same as any other group of children at Disney or any other place for that matter. They will be loud and obnoxious. I stated before that in the lack of an authoritative presence we as adults need to step in and correct the behavior (it takes a town). And yet again I am hearing that 'it's not my job' line. Well guess what in situations such as this or if you believe in the 'it's not my job' line then in your every day life you need to stand up for what you believe in/your rights and say something otherwise live with it.

Derailing and going political here. If we all were to stand up for our rights and for the rights of those around us (and these children have as much right to sing as we do to be quiet at Disney, but most find it socially unacceptable so we should say something!) the country as a government and as a society would be better off. Stop being sheep and expecting someone else to protect your rights, protect your own!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
First, spare the politics, it's not discussed on these boards....

Second, and I'm not sure how many more times this needs to be said, no these kids aren't the same as others in the parks. For the others aren't cheering or chanting in a rehearsed and collective fashion.

Third, you can say everyone should be responsible (it takes a town) but the bottom line is that personal responsibility is just that. Regardless of supposed peer pressure or just being part of the group. Simply being civil towards others is not too much to ask of anyone, really.

zbsigpi

First, spare the politics, it's not discussed on these boards....

Second, and I'm not sure how many more times this needs to be said, no these kids aren't the same as others in the parks. For the others aren't cheering or chanting in a rehearsed and collective fashion.

Third, you can say everyone should be responsible (it takes a town) but the bottom line is that personal responsibility is just that. Regardless of supposed peer pressure or just being part of the group. Simply being civil towards others is not too much to ask of anyone, really.

So Billy and Sally who are from Kansas down for the summer holiday with some of their friends, set free from their parents for a few hours in the parks by them selves, are loudly singing It's a Small World is different then these kids, how?

They are children, they do not always think about the bigger picture, they don't always think about how their actions affect other,unless someone says something! Did any of us see the big picture always, as children? I know I didn't and I know my children sometimes don't.

Bottom line everyone wants to complain about the Brazilians, Pop Warner and other groups at Disney. If they are loud and you do not like it, then stand up for what you believe is right and say something other wise deal with it or you can go to another theme park where it will be more quite like, Prypiat in the Ukraine.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So Billy and Sally who are from Kansas down for the summer holiday with some of their friends, set free from their parents for a few hours in the parks by them selves, are loudly singing It's a Small World is different then these kids, how?

They are children, they do not always think about the bigger picture, they don't always think about how their actions affect other,unless someone says something! Did any of us see the big picture always, as children? I know I didn't and I know my children sometimes don't.

Bottom line everyone wants to complain about the Brazilians, Pop Warner and other groups at Disney. If they are loud and you do not like it, then stand up for what you believe is right and say something other wise deal with it or you can go to another theme park where it will be more quite like, Prypiat in the Ukraine.
Somehow I'm thinking Billy and Sally et al won't equal what these groups are emitting.

Bigger picture? You mean the tens of thousands in the parks around them? You're right; that could be hard to miss for some. No, hold on, it wouldn't....

And why should someone else be responsible for the behavior of another's child, or in this case many children? It's amazing how complaints are somehow as unacceptable as simply reminding a child(ren) that there's many others around them. Or expecting them to merely be just a tad bit polite....

flynnibus

Premium Member

The frequency of that happening... is?
And how loud do you think Billy and Sally are compared to a party of a dozen or more?
And how many copies of Billy and Sally do you think are happening concurrently across the property? Enough that you encounter them multiple times around all the parks for a week?

Your theory ignores the reality of its not just one or two couples.. but hundreds to thousands in concentration doing this over sustained periods.

zbsigpi

Somehow I'm thinking Billy and Sally et al won't equal what these groups are emitting.

Bigger picture? You mean the tens of thousands in the parks around them? You're right; that could be hard to miss for some. No, hold on, it wouldn't....

And why should someone else be responsible for the behavior of another's child, or in this case many children? It's amazing how complaints are somehow as unacceptable as simply reminding a child(ren) that there's many others around them. Or expecting them to merely be just a tad bit polite....

So what you and others are saying is that when you are not around your children they are/were always well behaved? If so you are lying to yourself!
or if they were not well behaved would you not want someone else to say something to correct their behavior? If your answer is 'NO' to this question then never let them out of your sight.

How do we expect children to learn? Behavior (good or bad) is not instinctive, it is learned by repetition. So if anyone allows bad behavior by in-action they are accepting the behavior. I am 12 years old and with my friends in my house and we are playing video games and begin yelling at the screen, mom tells us to not yell in the house because it is annoying her and we quiet down. Now we are transported to Disney having fun and singing some silly song, no one is telling us to quite down so we must not be annoying anyone.
Now, if you are going to correct the children or adults for that matter you need to be polite, no one wants to be told to 'SHUT UP" or "BE QUITE", just ask them politely to not yell so loud and explain to them why you want them to quite down. Oh, wait it's not my job to correct them so I won't say anything thereby sending the message that their actions are perfectly OK.

zbsigpi

The frequency of that happening... is?
And how loud do you think Billy and Sally are compared to a party of a dozen or more?
And how many copies of Billy and Sally do you think are happening concurrently across the property? Enough that you encounter them multiple times around all the parks for a week?

Your theory ignores the reality of its not just one or two couples.. but hundreds to thousands in concentration doing this over sustained periods.

Of course it is not 1 or 2 groups of kids, but these kids are trained to compete with other groups so it is part of their behavior. If no one tells them that the behavior is socially unacceptable around other people who are not part of the group(s) then how are they supposed to learn. Oh, that right they are supposed to know it is not acceptable.

Is everyone so far removed from being a child that they do not remember what it is like to be one or was everybody raised by Ozzie and Harriet as the perfect TV children?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Of course it is not 1 or 2 groups of kids, but these kids are trained to compete with other groups so it is part of their behavior

An soldiers should just keep on killing because that's what they are trained to do... :rolleyes:

If no one tells them that the behavior is socially unacceptable around other people who are not part of the group(s) then how are they supposed to learn. Oh, that right they are supposed to know it is not acceptable.

Yes - limited common sense is something we expect people to have by the time they are teenagers. Do you really advocate it needs to be specifically TAUGHT that the stuff you do at competitions might not be suitable to do while walking through Walt Disney World?

One of my daughters is in competitive gymnastics. She likes do do parts of her routine when killing time. She used to do it while out in public, standing around, waiting, etc... I told her effectively 'time and place..' her flopping around is not considerate to those around her. I never had to teach her Walt Disney World is somehow different.

You act like kids have no awareness what-so-ever that loud chants... are... loud?
You seriously suggest these kids have never been taught to keep the volume down when around other people?

No - this falls under freaking common sense.. and things kids are taught well before they are teenagers.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So what you and others are saying is that when you are not around your children they are/were always well behaved? If so you are lying to yourself!
or if they were not well behaved would you not want someone else to say something to correct their behavior? If your answer is 'NO' to this question then never let them out of your sight.

How do we expect children to learn? Behavior (good or bad) is not instinctive, it is learned by repetition. So if anyone allows bad behavior by in-action they are accepting the behavior. I am 12 years old and with my friends in my house and we are playing video games and begin yelling at the screen, mom tells us to not yell in the house because it is annoying her and we quiet down. Now we are transported to Disney having fun and singing some silly song, no one is telling us to quite down so we must not be annoying anyone.
Now, if you are going to correct the children or adults for that matter you need to be polite, no one wants to be told to 'SHUT UP" or "BE QUITE", just ask them politely to not yell so loud and explain to them why you want them to quite down. Oh, wait it's not my job to correct them so I won't say anything thereby sending the message that their actions are perfectly OK.
If my kids act up, I correct them. But by 12 (and younger) they knew what was and wasn't polite.

And I've never been of the mindset to yell at someone else's child. If you are, that's your issue. But again, it's not too much to expect a group of them to look around at the masses surrounding and be aware that starting a chant or cheer at the top of their lungs may not be the most polite thing to do....

PolynesianPrincess

It is much easier to understand posts when punctuation and capital letters are used of course I know you kids find these things superfluous but it does make it harder for we old folk to understand when you use the punctuation it is so much better bear is the word you want I think not bare yes it's rude but as I said we cannot stop you if you petulantly insist on doing it or that it is okay to do have at it

I'm sorry but this is uncalled for. Some people are not the best at typing or punctuation. How do you know people don't have a learning disability with that kind of stuff? You mocking someone by typing like them is rude and immature.

zbsigpi

An soldiers should just keep on killing because that's what they are trained to do... :rolleyes:

Yes - limited common sense is something we expect people to have by the time they are teenagers. Do you really advocate it needs to be specifically TAUGHT that the stuff you do at competitions might not be suitable to do while walking through Walt Disney World?

One of my daughters is in competitive gymnastics. She likes do do parts of her routine when killing time. She used to do it while out in public, standing around, waiting, etc... I told her effectively 'time and place..' her flopping around is not considerate to those around her. I never had to teach her Walt Disney World is somehow different.

You act like kids have no awareness what-so-ever that loud chants... are... loud?
You seriously suggest these kids have never been taught to keep the volume down when around other people?

No - this falls under freaking common sense.. and things kids are taught well before they are teenagers.

But I am sure that you had to tell your daughter more than a few times that it was not appropiate? If she saw some other gymnast doing a cart wheel in the parks do you not think that she would do that same to tell the other 'hey, I can do that to'?

Most certainly they know that it is loud, but my point in ALL of my posts on this topic is children are not always looking at the bigger picture, they do not always see the consequences of their actions and how are we as adults supposed to help them see the big picture or know the consequences if we do not tell them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom