That time of year: pop warner football

lobelia

There are cases in every community in the country. It's called disorderly conduct and is punishable by law. Perhaps more people should take it seriously.

"States typically categorize disorderly conduct (sometimes also called “disturbing the peace,” or “breach of the peace”) as any behavior that is likely to cause other people alarm, anger, annoyance, or an increased likelihood to engage in unlawful activity."

zbsigpi

Sure they have the "right" to act like that in the park; however, as a private enterprise Disney has the right to remove them from the property for their actions.

Most certainly they do as well as Disney, I am not condoning their actions my bottom line meaning in all of this is that if it is bothering you, they say something.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Most certainly they do as well as Disney, I am not condoning their actions my bottom line meaning in all of this is that if it is bothering you, they say something.
As you well know, simply saying something doesn't usually have an effect, particularly over chants or cheers. What's next? Yelling? Overtones therein of consequences to come? Then the person affronted to begin with becomes in the wrong. Disney and/or the police start to look at him. All become some princesses lack basic manners when they don a cheerleading outfit....

lobelia

Yeah, people should just sit back and take it when a group of princesses purposefully disrupts their very expensive vacation. No big deal. They're just misunderstood angels that the village hasn't looked after enough....

Dang wm49rs, I liked your response so much I am going to have to take you back off my ignore list. Can't remember who I ignored you any way.

lobelia

I am disagreeing with you in your entire argument. This is coming from the person who confronted the adult holding the crying baby during a showing of the last Harry Potter movie. I should not have to "confront" behaviors of others in the park unless they are my son or husband. More my son, less my husband. That is the responsibility of the company who agreed to take my money in exchange for my experience. I also have no problem saying something to guest services. However, there is a timeliness to confronting inappropriate behavior. By the time I get there to complain, the behavior has moved on. I don't want a t-shirt for my trouble. I cannot be bought off. I want WDW to anticipate it based on historical evidence and fix the problem.

(Anyone reading this from TDO that wants to send me that t-shirt, PM me and I'll send my address).

zbsigpi

As you well know, simply saying something doesn't usually have an effect, particularly over chants or cheers. What's next? Yelling? Overtones therein of consequences to come? Then the person affronted to begin with becomes in the wrong. Disney and/or the police start to look at him. All become some princesses lack basic manners when they don a cheerleading outfit....

But why loose control and begin yelling? If no effect then be done, walk away, or just enjoy what you are there for. Enjoy your personal or family time. Life is too short to let a song or cheer ruin it for you. Hell, if you cant beat them, join them and be as loud as them with It's A Small World.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But why loose control and begin yelling? If no effect then be done, walk away, or just enjoy what you are there for. Enjoy your personal or family time. Life is too short to let a song or cheer ruin it for you. Hell, if you cant beat them, join them and be as loud as them with It's A Small World.
And if I'm in a queue with them? I should take myself and my family out? Or yell just as loud and disturb more people?

Just how far are people supposed to bend over for these princesses?

psukardi

Well then by that logic - who cares if you're in a signature restaurant and they are cheering and making a scene. Heck, get a nice reservation with your SO at V&A and let me put a group of teens next to your table, they can chant like it's the world cup for your 3 hour dinner. Heck, let's just let the inmates run the asylum I'm sure it will work out fine.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Of course it is not 1 or 2 groups of kids, but these kids are trained to compete with other groups so it is part of their behavior. If no one tells them that the behavior is socially unacceptable around other people who are not part of the group(s) then how are they supposed to learn. Oh, that right they are supposed to know it is not acceptable.

Is everyone so far removed from being a child that they do not remember what it is like to be one or was everybody raised by Ozzie and Harriet as the perfect TV children?

My parents must have been awesome, since they didn't depend on the collective to do their job for them.

zbsigpi

Well then by that logic - who cares if you're in a signature restaurant and they are cheering and making a scene. Heck, get a nice reservation with your SO at V&A and let me put a group of teens next to your table, they can chant like it's the world cup for your 3 hour dinner. Heck, let's just let the inmates run the asylum I'm sure it will work out fine.

OK so say you detest violin or piano music and V&A has a pianist playing what are you going to do? Comparing V&A to the Theme Parks?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I sit and watch in amazement these

Point for you!!! but inorder for this to happen someone had to complain! Ignoring the issue does not make it go away!
With all due respect, why are you are so adamant in defending rude behavior by these groups. Yes, children learn as they go along in life. The chaperones and parents hold sole responsibility for the childrens behavior. It should not fall upon any outsider to do their job for them. A stranger telling a child/teenager (especially ones a group) to stop doing something will only make them do it more to you off. Ill step in only if I a dangerous situation occurring, but aside from that its not my place to discipline SOME ONE ELSES kid

zbsigpi

With all due respect, why are you are so adamant in defending rude behavior by these groups. Yes, children learn as they go along in life. The chaperones and parents hold sole responsibility for the childrens behavior. It should not fall upon any outsider to do their job for them. A stranger telling a child/teenager (especially ones a group) to stop doing something will only make them do it more to you off. Ill step in only if I a dangerous situation occurring, but aside from that its not my place to discipline SOME ONE ELSES kid

You will assert yourself if it is a dangerous situation but not if it is for someone cheering or singing????????

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You will assert yourself if it is a dangerous situation but not if it is for someone cheering or singing????????
You mean you won't assert your self with someone else's child, risking the wrath of not only their chaperones and/or parents (if they're to be found), but Disney and possibly the local police? Bloody coward....

zbsigpi

Question, Your son or daughter has a friend over playing, their friend does something or says something that is inappropriate by your standards, Do you correct them or leave it be?

Now if you correct them then what difference is it between them and someone at Disney?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Question, Your son or daughter has a friend over playing, their friend does something or says something that is inappropriate by your standards, Do you correct them or leave it be?

Now if you correct them then what difference is it between them and someone at Disney?
One friend as opposed to a group of singing and/or chanting girls? You figure it out, while trying to figure out any other angle the princesses should be given....

And many parents would speak directly to the parent of that child. Which as you're sure to know is a rare occasion among the hordes at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom