That time of year: pop warner football

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You will assert yourself if it is a dangerous situation but not if it is for someone cheering or singing????????
I would do my best to prevent someone from being injured or if I saw a fight about to break out, yes, i would step in. The "village" mentality should be geared around that type of situation, not scolding some random kid. The cheering and chanting doesnt bother as much as the lack of parenting and discipline does. Its not the kids fault for being an . Its the parents fault for not guiding them to be respectful of others. Im not gonna rain on some random kids parade and tell them stop cheering. I WILL say something to the adult who should be supervising them and I would hope and adult would let me know if my kid or I was doing something rude.

zbsigpi

You mean you won't assert your self with someone else's child, risking the wrath of not only their chaperones and/or parents (if they're to be found), but Disney and possibly the local police? Bloody coward....

You do not have to get mean or aggressive when correcting someone!!!

Bloody coward?

I have not confronted the cheerleaders at Disney but I have spoken to line cutters, with both positive and negative results from them, however if it was negative I have also waited until i got to a CM to report the line cutters.

psukardi

OK so say you detest violin or piano music and V&A has a pianist playing what are you going to do? Comparing V&A to the Theme Parks?

Well, you know full well going into V&A that a harpist is part of what you're paying for. Just like going to a hibachi you'll see some cheesy onion volcano. However, you don't expect to have a bunch of world-cup chants for 12 hours taking up your day in the pahk.

psukardi

Question, Your son or daughter has a friend over playing, their friend does something or says something that is inappropriate by your standards, Do you correct them or leave it be?

Now if you correct them then what difference is it between them and someone at Disney?

For one - by having that minor in your custody for that period of time - them on YOUR property under YOUR supervision it's acceptable and appropriate to say something to the child and notify the parent. Your strawman argument here is horrid.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Bloody coward?

I have not confronted the cheerleaders at Disney but I have spoken to line cutters, with both positive and negative results from them, however if it was negative I have also waited until i got to a CM to report the line cutters.
If it's a large group one would by necessity have to speak loudly (if not yell outright) to get their attention over the useless cheers. Which could immediately be misconstrued as aggression, leading down an unfortunate road for someone simply looking to get the princesses to keep it down....

So you're fine with the cheerleaders? Speaks volumes, now doesn't it....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Bloody coward?

I believe he was joking.
And for the record, line cutters will get both barrels of the shotgun from me (verbally) and they shall not pass my group and I enjoy standing in their way and telling them to turn around.

Last edited:

zbsigpi

I would do my best to prevent someone from being injured or if I saw a fight about to break out, yes, i would step in. The "village" mentality should be geared around that type of situation, not scolding some random kid. The cheering and chanting doesnt bother as much as the lack of parenting and discipline does. Its not the kids fault for being an . Its the parents fault for not guiding them to be respectful of others. Im not gonna rain on some random kids parade and tell them stop cheering. I WILL say something to the adult who should be supervising them and I would hope and adult would let me know if my kid or I was doing something rude.

But you are standing up to say something to someone and that is what needs to be done. Myself I have no problem talking to the kids but some might.

zbsigpi

I believe he was joking.
And for the record, line cutters will get both barrels of the shotgun from me (verbally) and they shall not pass my group and I. I enjoy standing in their way and telling them to turn around.

Im not offended by the "bloody coward" remark.

But if you will do that for the line cutters why not for the cheerers?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Im not offended by the "bloody coward" remark.

But if you will do that for the line cutters why not for the cheerers?
line cutting is strictly me defending my group from someone infringing upon our space in line and time from our vacation. Sounds coming from a cheerleaders mouth infringe upon neither of these. If cheerleaders get in my way or prevent me from going where I need to, then I will speak up. Enjoy your cocktail, sir. Always good to have a debate with someone without it getting nasty. I respect your stance on this issue even if I may not agree with you.

Mukta

I just came back from WDW. On Saturday, we were in line for ToT and a group of children were cheering. There were a dozen of them and no chaperone. Standing in the boiler room while they cheered was extremely annoying. Not only did it ruin the atmosphere of the ride/queue, it was so loud that a few of us had to cover our ears.

I didn't say anything to them because I didn't believe it would have done any good. If I was a large man instead of a short woman, I might have.

psukardi

I just came back from WDW. On Saturday, we were in line for ToT and a group of children were cheering. There were a dozen of them and no chaperone. Standing in the boiler room while they cheered was extremely annoying. Not only did it ruin the atmosphere of the ride/queue, it was so loud that a few of us had to cover our ears.

I didn't say anything to them because I didn't believe it would have done any good. If I was a large man instead of a short woman, I might have.

Oh come on, they have every right to be cheering and chanting and doing handstands while waiting in the queue. Shame on you for wanting to ruin their good time. Heck, they are innocent cheerleaders and you had opportunity to teach them a valuable life lesson. /snark. :banghead:

Ben_since_1971

Just wanted to give my .02 on the cheerleaders:

My wife and I just returned from staying at CBR, right in the thick of them. This was our second go round, and by choice. The first time was two year's ago when they first moved to CBR. Our worst fears never materialized because beyond the food court and pool being crazy busy, the groups were quiet and respectable. I also found humor with all the platoons of identically dressed girls going from place to place.

This trip - 98% of the groups were great. Kids being kids stuff, and parents who kept the groups in line. There was one bus ride where three girls were practicing their arm movements while riding. Unfortunately there were 3 groups that we encountered that gave the rest a bad name. Revere MA was loud, chanting for the sake of chanting and being disrespectful. Another group (no idea where from) that had male parents harassing me when I tried to get to the laundry facility in Jamaica. Finally, Wolcott CT turned a trip to Epcot into the bus ride from you-know-where. Two parents already drunk. One parent, and I believe she was a coach, was drinking a beer ON THE BUS. And the girls treating the hand rails like monkey bars.

I did not let any of these groups ruin my vacation. It was just these incidents. However, I let Disney know because I know these groups must adhere to a code of conduct, and I will not let anyone disrupt my trip without letting the authorities know. How can they police the groups if they do not know what is going on. I think something was said to Revere because they quieted down almost immediately. The Wolcott incident happened on the 13th so near the end of the trip. However, in speaking with a manager at CBR, she relayed to me they received numerous complaints and in a couple of incidents, Orange County sheriffs gave some members of the groups special tours of their detention facilities.

Overall, I have no issues with the cheerleaders or the football teams. I have seen far too many good groups that outweigh the bad ones. And in any group like that, it is the loud obnoxious minority that makes the silent majority look bad. If you see bad behavior, report it. Disney AND Pop Warner take it seriously. Groups have been kicked out.

draybook

Finally, Wolcott CT turned a trip to Epcot into the bus ride from you-know-where. Two parents already drunk. One parent, and I believe she was a coach, was drinking a beer ON THE BUS.

My daughters last cheer gym was like that, then again most are. I remember the first WDW trip we had with them in 2011, we were all booked at the Best Western Buena Vista by DtD. M wife wanted me to go down to the car and get something, I can't remember what. Well, my daughter's friend and her mother mother get in the elevator with me and we start heading down. About 3 floors down we stop and they get off. Onto the elevator comes a boyfriend of one of the older girls and another girl's mother. She was clearly lit, as well as smelling like booze and she had a cup full of whatever in here hand. Well, she knew the boy so they started talking and he asked her where her daughter was. She replied, "I have no idea, she's being a little b----". I couldn't believe she said that, even with being plastered. There were a lot of moms that treated the competition trips as their opportunity to explore every cities bar scene.

willtravel

A CM should have said something to them.

Jimmy Thick

Jimmy's thoughts on Pop Warner...

Let them be kids, they are at WDW after all.

Jimmy Thick- Some people were never young at one time in their life?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom