Test Track vs RSR

TP2000

When I am in the market for a Lexus I'll keep that in mind. If you have to push one that hard for a little speed I'll pass. My point was that someone got gear happy to help create the illusion of speed. Hearing the engine noise is fun but that many shifts is silly.

Dodge also sells 8-speed transmissions in its Charger sedan now. Dodge and Chrysler are rolling out the 8-speed transmission across their full lines for the 2013 model year. :D

Funny you mention the sound of transmission shifts being piped into the cabin. I hadn't caught that, but I have noticed that the Radiator Springs Racers cars don't have tailpipes. I wonder if they'll be able to catch little mistakes like that for Test Track since it's being sponsored by Chevy and likely will need to pass design reviews with car folks from Detroit?

ChristianG

RSR looks so much better than Test Track. Everything about the ride looks great! The launch also looks a lot more fun than Test Track's circle over the parking lot.

Uncle Lupe

Dodge also sells 8-speed transmissions in its Charger sedan now. Dodge and Chrysler are rolling out the 8-speed transmission across their full lines for the 2013 model year. :D

Funny you mention the sound of transmission shifts being piped into the cabin. I hadn't caught that, but I have noticed that the Radiator Springs Racers cars don't have tailpipes. I wonder if they'll be able to catch little mistakes like that for Test Track since it's being sponsored by Chevy and likely will need to pass design reviews with car folks from Detroit?

It has been a while from the last time I looked at real cars. Depending on how it is geared that could really help acceleration. That is a big thread drift.

I did not notice that they don't have tailpipes. Does Lightning McQueen have headlights or stickers?

mbtohill

I know it's probably been mentioned here before but after seeing what Disney did with RSR, Test Track had better be something special!!!

RSR is so well done it's amazing

montyz81

Original Poster
I know it's probably been mentioned here before but after seeing what Disney did with RSR, Test Track had better be something special!!!

I agree, it is as someone said a "Potter Swatter" I wonder if the ride system used for simulating flight at AvitarLand will use this system. Instead of sitting, you would lay down or something?? It's possible.

The Empress Lilly

RSR is a very nice band aid for DCA. Disneylands Potter Swatters are yet to be publically announced.
I propose we hack his IP adress, find out where he lives, kidnap him and then let a Brazilian Tour Group sing chants while giving him a Brazilian wax job.

He'll break and spill the beans, mark my words.

TP2000

RSR is a very nice band aid for DCA. Disneylands Potter Swatters are yet to be publically announced.

Wow. Okay. There have been rumors Disneyland is gearing up to battle Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood.

But Radiator Springs Racers is getting rave reviews already. The always jaded Los Angeles Times, who loves to minimize and cut down Disneyland at every opportunity, just published the most glowing of reviews of the ride this morning. A snippet of their RSR review...

"The new E-ticket ride is so amazing that Disney may need to come up with a new attraction designation: F-ticket. Radiator Springs Racers is one of the best attractions Disney has ever built and stands next to Disneyland's Indiana Jones Adventure at the pinnacle of theme park ride supremacy, giving Anaheim a one-two punch that rivals any Disney resort in the world (until Shanghai Disneyland opens)." -Los Angeles Times, June 13th, 2012
http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals...prings-racers-review-06201213,0,7185452.story

And that's coming from the snarky LA Times?!? Yikes.

I'll say it again... they can't have invested all this money and energy into Radiator Springs Racers without giving thought to bringing over a lot of the visuals and technology to Test Track as well. The timing of the Test Track rehab with the opening of Radiator Springs Racers is too coincidental. I would imagine once the Cars Land media frenzy dies off to a dull roar in a couple of weeks, we'll hear more about what's coming to Test Track via the little town of Radiator Springs.

dreamscometrue

I am looking forward to TT 2.0, and think it will be decent, but I doubt it'll be anything like that at all. Based on what I've read, RSR cost a ridiculous amount of money. Even though that ride was built from scratch, and TT show building already exists, a refurb the likes of RSR is likely far beyond the money available for the TT redo.

StageFrenzy

RSR looks amazing, but it's part of making DCA worthwhile. One of the reasons it's so good it it's Lassie's baby. Heck the whole land was plussed and had more money thrown at it. I think part of what makes radiator springs a Super E/F Ticket is the place making of the whole Carsland. Walking down the main strip of Radiator springs with textures, colors and images ripped strait from the movie and made real. It builds the anticipation for the ride much like the tunnel under the train station begins mainstreet. Disney was constructed by "Movie guys" and this is the first time in a long time that an attraction has been constructed by "movie guys" at a Disney theme park in a while. By the time Potter arrives at USH Carsland will be around three years old and locals will be ready for the next big thing.

Californian Elitist

For as old and small and built out as Disneyland is, they have an impressive amount of expansion room available.

Yep. I heard rumors they were thinking of moving the Circle D Ranch and making room for the new attraction there. In Tomorrowland, I say they take out Innoventions and put something there. I remember some of the CMs wanting Autopia to be scrapped. Apparently Autopia takes up more space than Disneyland's Fantasyland. I hope that never happens.

Cosmic Commando

Yep. I heard rumors they were thinking of moving the Circle D Ranch and making room for the new attraction there. In Tomorrowland, I say they take out Innoventions and put something there. I remember some of the CMs wanting Autopia to be scrapped. Apparently Autopia takes up more space than Disneyland's Fantasyland. I hope that never happens.
Maybe when they remove Luigi's Flying Tires :eek:, they can make a Carsland Autopia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom