Test Track vs RSR

montyz81

Original Poster
So I am sure comparisons will begin shortly, figured I would start it off with a few questions of my own..

1. Which Track is longer. Based on everything I am seeing, RSR is much longer (Not adding up the 2 tracks)
2. Given that the technology used to build RSR is 13 years newer, I have to believe that any improvements in that track will be applied to TT when it opens, can anyone confirm that this is going to happen?
3. Why wouldn't they add on to TT to be more comparable in thrill to RSR.

Californian Elitist

In regards to your third point, TT and RSR have two, very different themes. TT is supposed to be educational (?) and RSR isn't, obviously because of the dark portions and the Disney characters in the ride. I don't think TT is supposed to have a huge focus on theming, given the significance of the attraction.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I am sure comparisons will begin shortly, figured I would start it off with a few questions of my own..

1. Which Track is longer. Based on everything I am seeing, RSR is much longer (Not adding up the 2 tracks)
2. Given that the technology used to build RSR is 13 years newer, I have to believe that any improvements in that track will be applied to TT when it opens, can anyone confirm that this is going to happen?
3. Why wouldn't they add on to TT to be more comparable in thrill to RSR.

1. Possibly test track by sheer length.. but RSR duration may be longer and there is 'more to do and see' on RSR's outdoor section.
2. RSR is actually the third generation of the technology. Journey to the center of the earth improved upon TT, and this is improvements beyond JTTCOE. There are all kinds of visual and technical differences you see all around the ride.
3. TT will have more 'thrill' than RSR.. but RSR is grander in scope and impression. RSR has 6 acres of rockwork upwards.. with peaks greater than 10 stories tall.. which you will wind through. RSR has huge sets reminiscent of the old style EPCOT with impressive AAs, detailed sets, and scale!

What TT lacks is the amount of SHOW in RSR.. and hopefully the new version of TT will bring more to the game than TT did.

Uncle Lupe

I wonder how long it will take for a ride POV video to be on YouTube? I would like to see this in real life but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

bubbles1812

Could someone explain what exactly are the changes that are happening to TT?
I understood many things were broken and that there was a change in sponsor but what (if any) new things are being added to it?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe this has been discussed before, but is the similarity to TT going to prevent us from getting a "cars land" at WDW with RSR as the focal point. Seems like it would be a great fit at DHS. I would think that since the theming is completely different it would not be a problem.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe this has been discussed before, but is the similarity to TT going to prevent us from getting a "cars land" at WDW with RSR as the focal point. Seems like it would be a great fit at DHS. I would think that since the theming is completely different it would not be a problem.
Nope. The cost prevented it.

The new Test Track will indeed be very TRON-like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom