Test Track vs RSR

Cosmic Commando

Yep. I heard rumors they were thinking of moving the Circle D Ranch and making room for the new attraction there. In Tomorrowland, I say they take out Innoventions and put something there. I remember some of the CMs wanting Autopia to be scrapped. Apparently Autopia takes up more space than Disneyland's Fantasyland. I hope that never happens.
According to my very quick and dirty measurement, the area occupied by the Fantasyland Theater, Circle D and Big Thunder Ranch is about 10 acres. Carsland is 12 acres. I know they said that there's a new show coming to the theater, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a placeholder announcement just because they announced a very obvious replacement for the current tenant.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Wow...not a Cars fan... But I have to say that this ride looks absolutely amazing.
Test Track is one of my favorites, but I have to say that the theming and over all feel of this ride blows away old Test Track.
Fingers crossed that they'll do something amazing with the refurb \overhaul. :)

Californian Elitist

According to my very quick and dirty measurement, the area occupied by the Fantasyland Theater, Circle D and Big Thunder Ranch is about 10 acres. Carsland is 12 acres. I know they said that there's a new show coming to the theater, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a placeholder announcement just because they announced a very obvious replacement for the current tenant.

They can get rid of the theater too. I believe one is going in the Fantasy Faire.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For as old and small and built out as Disneyland is, they have an impressive amount of expansion room available.

Not really - its very tight. Expansion always comes at the expense of something else. And now besides the theater areas.. they are basically up against either their park borders or backstage services areas. That's why talk about relocating Circle D... etc. The theater area between Frontierland and FL is really the last open space that is guest accessible today. Everything else means shuffling stuff.

Californian Elitist

Not really - its very tight. Expansion always comes at the expense of something else. And now besides the theater areas.. they are basically up against either their park borders or backstage services areas. That's why talk about relocating Circle D... etc. The theater area between Frontierland and FL is really the last open space that is guest accessible today. Everything else means shuffling stuff.

Usually whatever goes either isn't very important or its barely used, aka Carnation.

Cosmic Commando

Usually whatever goes either isn't very important or its barely used, aka Carnation.
Or Innoventions. Maybe it's not "expansion" space as in it's not a forest or a pile of dirt now, but between Big Thunder Ranch, Circle D, Fantasyland Theater, Motorboat Cruise area and Innoventions, there is a lot of room to work with (and all on the same side of the park) without losing anything substantial.

Californian Elitist

Or Innoventions. Maybe it's not "expansion" space as in it's not a forest or a pile of dirt now, but between Big Thunder Ranch, Circle D, Fantasyland Theater, Motorboat Cruise area and Innoventions, there is a lot of room to work with (and all on the same side of the park) without losing anything substantial.

Exactly.

montyz81

Original Poster
So are there any inside pictures yet of TT? I know someone said it was completely empty, aside from the track, a few weeks ago. I got to believe some things are in there by now. Dec isn't that far away. I had heard too that they build a lot of the sets offsite. Maybe they even did them in parallel to the RSR Sets.

epcot2016

Test Track is way better than Radiator Springs Racers. I don't do thrill rides, so I don't go on RSR or TT, but I prefer the Chevrolet theming on TT.

Boardwalker

To the OP.
I'm a WDW homer all the way. Test track is no slouch, but RSR is superior IMHO. From the theme of the land to the ride itself. It's definitely one of Disney's top 5 creations. My opinion only here, before I get roasted!

mouse_luv

I know right? Make us a new one !
Your fingers aren't broken. You have the ability to start a new topic at any time. Just be aware this is a dead horse that has been beat over and over again and many longtimers like myself will tell you the same. Happy posting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom