News Test Track to be reimagined

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
New song for the new Test Track!!!...

What can it be that calls me to this place today?
This lawless car ballet, what can it be?
Am I a baby pigeon sprouting wings to soar?
Was that a metaphor?
Hey, there's a Dollar Store!

Look! I'm rhyming; my spirit's climbing
As I'm called through this fog of mace
To this place called Slaughter Race

Welcome back, watch your head
Hate to see you end up dead
Let's get this party rollin'
Is that appliance stolen?

We have...
Fallen wires
Dumpster fires
Creepy clowns
And burning tires
That great white in the sewer
You'll be happy that you knew her

Dogs and cats, they sure taste great
With a side of license plate
Some find us deplorable
Well, I think you're adorable

We may be a motley crew
But our hearts ring true
And just for you: a face tattoo!

(Oh, oh, oh, Slaughter Race, oh, oh, oh)

My heart's in flight, and, wow, it's a blast
Feels like my dreams are real at last
No trace of a frown upon your face

Flying so fast
Setting the pace
Livin' the life
Loving the chase
Now is the time
Here is the place
This Slaughter Race!

I know I should go
But home feels so slow
These roads are paved with dreams
(Happy dreams, not creepy clown dreams)
What would Ralph say
If it turns out I stayed
In this place called Slaughter Race?
In this place called Slaughter Race
That song would be great with a bigger renovation. Maybe Disney can buy the rights from Universal and rename Test Track to Minnie and Mickey's Purge Experience!

Ayla

::mentally prepares for torrent of hateful replies::
I personally would like to see something upbeat, optimistic, and high energy— not exactly Mickey’s Mix Magic, but something similar that makes you want to dance along the way you would in a car when you’re on a road trip with friends and your favorite tune comes on.
Like this? 😍

osian

On one hand, having a speed tunnel video effect while you are already traveling 40+ MPH could really enhance the illusion of speed... on the other hand, Test Track is already loud enough on its own, I can only imagine how loud it could be within the tunnel if they were enclosing the fastest portions of the ride.
I was thinking it could work well in the brake test sections (if they're keeping the same programming).

jeanericuser001

What if the interior ride was changed to be slower than before, and the outside loop being the main fast/speed section?
I wish but alas that would require changing sections of the track mechanics as well as changing the software for the ride. They have all whole thing set up with a ton of sensors that monitor all manner of things on the ride. Reprogramming that would add way more time and cost to this attraction. Besides this is for a car company that wants to show off their vehicles and reverting to a world of motion style dark ride is a tough sell for a company that wants to show off all their car's capabilities.

As for music for this ride, I would not mind if they brought the original soundtrack.

Epcot81Fan

I can’t remember whether I ever rode World of Motion, but I watched a YouTube POV today.

Surprised how many projections and screens were involved, given how those are considered lazy imagineering by many longtime fans.

I’m thankful they’ll keep the speed with Test Track 3.0.
Exactly. When I think of World of Motion, I think of “nothing but screens”.

Sir_Cliff

Might as well add my hot take:

I don't care about the canopy.

Because I never cared for the building's architecture and aesthetic.

Yes, I recognize that there was architectural intent in order to portray a theme. I see that.

I just don't think they did it well, or even pleasing to look at.

From across the lagoon, WoM looks like a tuna can without the paper label.

Round, shiny, and cylindrical. That's "motion"? Maybe part way there by being round.

But 'part way' doesn't make me love it. So, canopize away!!

But what do I know? I'm just a pixie dusting shill who defends everything Disney does.
I'm very happy the canopy is going, but I think my most unpopular opinion about the parks is that the architecture of the Future World pavilions wasn't quite as amazing as people imagine looking back from the present. Some were more successful than others and most of the additions over the years have made them worse (e.g. the canopy or the fish stuck all over The Seas). The park itself was also incredible.

I think, though, in the design of the pavilions this sort of concept:
1722579611417.png

mostly ended up looking more like this in reality:
1722579645258.png

I am fully ready to get a lot of comments about how beautiful the building in the second image looks, though!

C33Mom

I'm very happy the canopy is going, but I think my most unpopular opinion about the parks is that the architecture of the Future World pavilions wasn't quite as amazing as people imagine looking back from the present. Some were more successful than others and most of the additions over the years have made them worse (e.g. the canopy or the fish stuck all over The Seas). The park itself was also incredible.

View attachment 806005

View attachment 806006

I am fully ready to get a lot of comments about how beautiful the building in the second image looks, though!
You are not alone.

::hides behind large object before proceeding::

…the surface of the structures that actually exist look about the same to me as the giant box they built to house GOTG…and at least GOTG has a fun coaster inside. Not that I don’t love the free sodas I can get if I’m willing to wait 45m or walk back and forth out of my way…

Ayla

View attachment 806005

View attachment 806006

Not from me. I've always thought the Imagination building is ugly.

bwr827

When screens act as a support vehicle to enhance the AA vignettes, They are fine. It is when screens become the entire show is the problem people have with them.
Fair enough - but some sections of that classic ride seemed to be just screens, especially toward the futuristic ending.

Anyway, I can imagine that ride seemed very cool in the 80s.

Bocabear

The architecture of that building is interesting and beautiful...they ciould change some of the surfaces, maybe dichroic or mirrored glass in the atrium structures to make it more colorful... The landscape and surrounding terraces need an overhaul...even in their original iteration looked better than they do now... Maybe if they went back to the opriginal concept art and did the terraced gardens, rockwork and waterfalls...along with the new Imagination ride and something for the Magic Eye Theater....

DreamfinderGuy

Fair enough - but some sections of that classic ride seemed to be just screens, especially toward the futuristic ending.

Anyway, I can imagine that ride seemed very cool in the 80s.
I think something to consider about the speed tunnels is that they were a bit of “future proofing” that ultimately didn’t need to exist. For an attraction about history you do need room for expansion later on when more history happens, so the speed tunnels could easily have been removed for more show scenes. Same thing in Spaceship Earth, the matrix tunnel to the 180 top could and should be removed for another scene.

At least that’s how I’ve always interpreted it. I could be way off base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom