News Test Track to be reimagined

Captain Barbossa

IMG_0777.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

The secondary marquee on the building itself has been removed.

Disney Files New Permit with Projection Dome Supplier for EPCOT's Test Track 3.0​

Thanks @DCBaker
Really want them to have a section where you watch clips from Tron surround your vehicle again, if anything just to make people who hated TT 2.0 mad

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Earlie the Pearlie

Yeah exactly. Enclose the backstage portion and leave the rest open.
Here’s a way Disney could do this and save money: some sort of simple, overhead structure would perform admirably. One that doesn’t cost too much to install, but would do the job of providing coverage. Maybe some sort of tent. Say, even a canopy! It’s too bad they don’t have any big ones they’re not using anymore…

(this is all sarcasm)

jeanericuser001

Ahh I get it now. They are going old school movie set style. You have 3 layers of background around the track. The foreground, middle ground, and lastly the background aka wall projection. Disney use to use this sort of thing with horizons and world of motion. I guess we may see some of that again. The nature scene photo now makes sense. They will use tree effects for the illusion of zooming through a forest. The close up trees will give the illusion of going a lot faster unlike before where everything was a lot more open thus giving you a clear idea of just how big the distance was. The animated mountain scenes projected on the walls will make it so it all looks like outside when in truth its still inside. They may also use a similar effect on the ceiling to ensure unlike previous versions it feels less like a ride in a gutted building.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Yeah if only Speed Tunnel meant enclosing the outdoor track. But I know it was said that’s not the plan.

On one hand, having a speed tunnel video effect while you are already traveling 40+ MPH could really enhance the illusion of speed... on the other hand, Test Track is already loud enough on its own, I can only imagine how loud it could be within the tunnel if they were enclosing the fastest portions of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom