Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Test Track Transformation at EPCOT: Canopy Removal and Set Pieces Arrive​

Test-Track_Full_57172.jpg

Test-Track_Full_57168.jpg

Test-Track_Full_57171.jpg

DisneyLee74

I'm with you as well. I greatly enjoyed classic Future World, but I'll admit that when people wax poetic around here about the architecture of the area I... don't get it. It mean, it was fine, but I certainly didn't look at the different shaped buildings and get inspired or anything. They just were there. Unlike say MK/DL where the different lands with different themes are pretty awesome just to absorb and appreciate the details.

I get that it was very ambitious to house the entire rides and other showpieces in "themed" buildings and have them basically "hidden in plain sight". But outside of SSE they didn't strike me as interesting - generally they were just geometric shapes. I know a lot of thought and effort went into the details (especially the differences between East and West) and I can appreciate that but I don't know if I really cared.

Ironically, I do find your choice of Imagination to be odd as it was probably IMHO the next most interesting building in FW after SSE. All the rest I would probably just lump together as just being there.
You probably never went to a Worlds Fair. The show buildings in future world were inspired by Worlds Fairs. Having been to. Worlds Fair I have always been impressed with the original show building and the futuristic look they had in 82.

trainplane3

*the C8 Corvette and Chevrolet SS Sedan have entered the chat*
One of which is their halo car so it better be great, the other was discontinued 6 years ago. I liked the SS but loved the G8.

I like Chevy but their lineup sucks and has literally nothing I would get aside from the Corvette. Most manufacturers lack anything I buy though...

Epcot81Fan

I doubt it would happen but if they announced the new test track would have a couple of scenes with AA’s and the return of the song “it’s fun to be free” I will literally book a trip to WDW for the first time in years on the spot.
Please don’t encourage their lazy nostalgia pandering.

Let’s push them to go back to creating new, brilliant, and big creative ideas not lukewarm fan service.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
One of which is their halo car so it better be great, the other was discontinued 6 years ago. I liked the SS but loved the G8.

I like Chevy but their lineup sucks and has literally nothing I would get aside from the Corvette. Most manufacturers lack anything I buy though...
One (previous poster) can’t make such a definitive statement with such a gaping hole in it and not expect someone like me to parallel park several cars in it.

DisneyRoy

View attachment 808058
A “scenic outdoor route.” Are they slowing down the outside track portion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom