News Test Track to be reimagined

ToTBellHop

Disney doesn't seem to be messing around now. I'm sure it's been discussed earlier here, but on my last ride a day before close you can tell they were just about ready to burst into the building and start work. Very different approach compared to other projects that took a while to see visible work happening.

Hoping it's more Disney trying to get things up and running quickly, than GM pushing Disney.
It’s Disney. TBA was quick, too, and Big Thunder will be.

griffin ferrari

Closer look at the side this morning
IMG_1052.jpeg

Sectorkeeper71

Do yall think this will be the last version of TT sponsored by GM or will their sponsorship reach 50+ years?
GM’s clearly finding value in sponsoring this, I certainly won’t ever say it won’t happen, but it seems like they’re at the point of “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” (just rehabs every decade or so)

wedenterprises

I find this fascinating b/c no one knows what the hell this revamp will turn out to be. WOM and TT could not be more dissimilar - it's like saying they are rebuilding Space Mountain with inspiration from It's a Small World.
Oh for sure the same track. I think less about “testing” and more learning about innovations in transportation. I’m hoping they recreate at least one scene from world of motion and recreate the “feel” of a couple more.
I connected the WoM/TT dots in an earlier post. The dots run through Chevrolet's branding. You gotta look at it from their perspective, not Disney's. I'm very excited for the retheme but it will absolutely speak to Chevrolet's branding which, right now, is not about innovation and technology.
Space wasn't built on the grave of Small World and they're from completely different lands with different themes... although you've now made me realize for the first time that Small World isn't exactly Fantasy. Meanwhile, if it were replacing a Tomorrowland ride, there would be easy fits. You could even wink at Carousel of Progress with one of the exit scenes being a further future version of the family kitchen and an ad suggesting one can achieve a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
IMO Small World and Carousel of Progress belong in Epcot. Now more than ever.
It will keep going until GM has financial issues and/or collapses, just like all the others.
A lot of these sponsorships were/are part of bigger corporate deals (as someone mentioned, the WDW vehicles are Chevrolets now).

Siemens, for example, got a TON of work from Disney and the SE sponsorship was basically just an added bonus (bragging rights?) and a way to get them a lounge. The history of communication and Siemens don't exactly go hand in hand as a lot of their business is industrial. As I alluded to in a previous post, the industrial aspect of Epcot is dead. It's all about humans now. GM gets that and is two steps ahead.

Siemens let the SE deal lapse as they already had the work with Disney and the sponsorship of the ride would be a needless spend.

The pavilion sponsors over the years have been parent corporations or B2Bs, instead of their specific customer facing brands. GM switching to Chevrolet was so smart. Chevrolet is the first specific brand sponsor I can think of. I'm curious to see more of these in the future. Scentsy is a recent one. Any others? I'm REALLY curious to see if Apple sponsors SE next.

Kraft and Nestle were close back in the day,, but again they were corporate overlord sponsorships. In fact, Kraft sponsor was initially Kraft General Foods....like, what?! Pick a specific product or brand like Cheerios or Mac & Cheese or something.

Very excited about this revamp...it's honestly one of the only things I'm excited about...recently I've only disliked their new additions/revamps, so I'm happy to legitimately be excited for once.
Same! I'm super curious to see what happens. From day one it's been one of my favourite rides. I've loved both v1.0 and v2.0 in their own ways.

TTA94

Anyone else think Test Track's facade looks pretty terrible ? I'm sure the new entrance will look great, but the large metal panels around the building look pretty beat up from World Showcase and other angles

I agree, Hopefully they repair it.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Do yall think this will be the last version of TT sponsored by GM or will their sponsorship reach 50+ years?

I think GM continues to sponsor a ride at that location, but will it still be Test Track in 15 years is a more interesting question. I mean, it's a great ride system, but if they really are going to build RSR somewhere on property, maybe GM will be ready for something totally new and fresh in 15 years. If GM does drop the sponsorship, I think Disney keeps the ride chugging on for years to come, but if GM is still putting out the money...

Moth

I think GM continues to sponsor a ride at that location, but will it still be Test Track in 15 years is a more interesting question. I mean, it's a great ride system, but if they really are going to build RSR somewhere on property, maybe GM will be ready for something totally new and fresh in 15 years. If GM does drop the sponsorship, I think Disney keeps the ride chugging on for years to come, but if GM is still putting out the money...
Would be hilarious if it goes back to being an omnimover after 3.0. Would be the first one since... The Little Mermaid in Florida?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Would be hilarious if it goes back to being an omnimover after 3.0. Would be the first one since... The Little Mermaid in Florida?

I was hoping for the next generation of the slot car ride system (maybe something that can do a bit of a drifting effect or something with more on-board effects?) but yeah... a back step to another omnimover would be kind of funny!

Sectorkeeper71

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom