News Test Track to be reimagined

NotCalledBob

Probably not a real date, but perfect timing for Labor day and Destination D23.

Or maybe bring Destination D23 forward to mid August like D23 this year, and preview TT3 for the attendees..

Now, I might be able to make an August Destination D23 next year. So.... I fully approve that plan. Two thumbs up. Excellent work. Go for it.

Edit to say: in my excitement at the perfection of the scenario I misread the year - apologies. However, I maintain that this would be the perfect plan!

Last edited:

FiestaFunKid

I find this fascinating b/c no one knows what the hell this revamp will turn out to be. WOM and TT could not be more dissimilar - it's like saying they are rebuilding Space Mountain with inspiration from It's a Small World.

I predict less is happening here than we think (which will disappoint WOM fans like me). Pure speculation, but I would guess the ride maintains the same track, maybe slower in parts but similar speed overall while keeping the acceleration portion - and perhaps we get some scenes or screens with a history element...and It's Fun to Be Free will be played or at minimum written on the wall in the queue......but I certainly know nothing and hope we get something unexpected and interesting.

griffin ferrari

Side of the building is open today/tonight
IMG_1033.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

Pure speculation, but I would guess the ride maintains the same track, maybe slower in parts but similar speed overall while keeping the acceleration portion -
Oh for sure the same track. I think less about “testing” and more learning about innovations in transportation. I’m hoping they recreate at least one scene from world of motion and recreate the “feel” of a couple more.

Homemade Imagineering

Alot more static figures would go a long way if proper AAs aren’t in the cards for this. Looking back at WoM, a handful of those figures were legitimate AAs but there were also a handful of static & animated figures present at the same time. With the faster speed of TT, I could accept static vignettes with some movement & projection mapping, whether its 1:1 scaled down scenes from WoM, brand news ones, or a bit of both

JoeCamel

Oh for sure the same track. I think less about “testing” and more learning about innovations in transportation. I’m hoping they recreate at least one scene from world of motion and recreate the “feel” of a couple more.
An extreme tilt portion inside and a couple of headchoppers on the outside loop would go a long way.......

JoeCamel

Do yall think this will be the last version of TT sponsored by GM or will their sponsorship reach 50+ years?
Keep going like the incessant ads you see during local news and in what newspapers are left. Their roots shaped how car dealers operate and the corporate culture still builds statement campuses and thinks the end game is to push the brand until it leads.

SilentWindODoom

I find this fascinating b/c no one knows what the hell this revamp will turn out to be. WOM and TT could not be more dissimilar - it's like saying they are rebuilding Space Mountain with inspiration from It's a Small World.

I predict less is happening here than we think (which will disappoint WOM fans like me). Pure speculation, but I would guess the ride maintains the same track, maybe slower in parts but similar speed overall while keeping the acceleration portion - and perhaps we get some scenes or screens with a history element...and It's Fun to Be Free will be played or at minimum written on the wall in the queue......but I certainly know nothing and hope we get something unexpected and interesting.

Space wasn't built on the grave of Small World and they're from completely different lands with different themes... although you've now made me realize for the first time that Small World isn't exactly Fantasy. Meanwhile, if it were replacing a Tomorrowland ride, there would be easy fits. You could even wink at Carousel of Progress with one of the exit scenes being a further future version of the family kitchen and an ad suggesting one can achieve a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".

Transportation to Transportation offers plenty of options. Honestly, I would have guessed simple black cutouts of figures from World of Motion with a grid painted over them and a musical sting, but the one piece of art we have shows that the sets will be wildly different and have at least some level of realism, so who knows what's to come?

Or they could have an easy way of addressing it, like having a time travel plot in a ride that uses screens that could easily depict dinosaurs, but having none, but our insider's comments seem to suggest this is different.

An extreme tilt portion inside and a couple of headchoppers on the outside loop would go a long way.......

I feel like I'm missing a reference here unless I just don't know that terminology.

Because when I hear "headchoppers", I think "The penitent man will pass."

Homemade Imagineering

I can only imagine if the Serpent makes it back in as a true to size figure & not just a figurine or drawing on a wall as a callback, other substantial elements of WoM will as well. A cartoony serpent amongst various other disjointed pieces of generic scenery won’t work, there needs to be continuity & if it’s added back in I can only imagine its presence leading to other whimsical sets either recreated or in the same vein as WoM

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I feel like I'm missing a reference here unless I just don't know that terminology.

Because when I hear "headchoppers", I think "The penitent man will pass."
What I infer from that term is something crossing over above the track (like a highway sign, perhaps) that appears to the guest to be way too low and dangerous, but is actually well clear of even the tallest potential rider.

Moth

I can only imagine if the Serpent makes it back in as a true to size figure & not just a figurine or drawing on a wall as a callback, other substantial elements of WoM will as well. A cartoony serpent amongst various other disjointed pieces of generic scenery won’t work, there needs to be continuity & if it’s added back in I can only imagine its presence leading to other whimsical sets either recreated or in the same vein as WoM
The serpent is coming back as the narrator as he (voiced by Keith David) tells you about a world of motion.

This is an internal effort to phase out Figment as the EPCOT dragon mascot. Because he represents KODAK. And film is dead. Adoy.

/joking

Andrew25

Disney doesn't seem to be messing around now. I'm sure it's been discussed earlier here, but on my last ride a day before close you can tell they were just about ready to burst into the building and start work. Very different approach compared to other projects that took a while to see visible work happening.

Hoping it's more Disney trying to get things up and running quickly, than GM pushing Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom