News Test Track to be reimagined

doctornick

Over in the DAS thread, Len just posted that Sunday is the slowest day and Monday is the 2nd highest day - on average - in the month of June. I think those numbers were specific to MK but probably work for all the resort to an extent.

Monday is extra evening hours at Epcot, no? Would think that might drive it to be more busy perhaps.

Surferboy567

Now's the (perfect) time to take GOTG off the virtual queue.

Most guests (including me) would just ride Test Track (single rider no wait!) nearby while waiting for our BG to be called. But now that isn't an option anymore..

Speaking of, I loved the single rider. Are they going to be cheap like Remy’s and take it away when 3.0
opens?

doctornick

The create a car thing was also a pretty solid revenue source. I worked the TT shop during my CP and we would always have a fairly steady stream of guests purchasing the cards.

I definitely really liked it and my kids are a bit disappointed that TT closed before their next trip so they can't do it. I would have liked it if there was some impact on the design to the ride experience or at least more obvious details of the performances of various vehicles but the idea of something being interactive and have some details about automatic concepts was a real win for Epcot in my book.

I do agree with the impact on the line and how the waits felt, but it doesn't seem like it should really matter since the capacity of the ride should be unchanged regardless of this (which is essentially an interactive pre-show). I suppose the single riders bypassing it might have made an impact though to total waits but not sure if that would make a difference

Sectorkeeper71

Guess I’m in the minority, but I still enjoyed it more than most switchbacks and preshows. Nice distraction, and any excuse for some little family competitions is welcome. Now if it only reliably transferred over to the ride experience…
The unreliability was definitely a big downer for me. I’m still unsure how folks would get some of the high performance scores they got on the car design, especially with the limited time you had to do the design

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If you're quick at math and can think on the fly you can get pretty high scores during the design process if you're worried about that more than other things.

Regarding the reliability of showing your cars/scores during the ride, yeah was always having issues which is crazy because it should be the simplest thing to get reliable!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The unreliability was definitely a big downer for me. I’m still unsure how folks would get some of the high performance scores they got on the car design, especially with the limited time you had to do the design

Simple... design your car in the post show (have all the time in the world) save it on your band, and just don't do the design experience your next go around. Pretty sure the last car you designed stayed on your band until you tapped your band to start the process from the beginning.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The create a car thing was also a pretty solid revenue source.

Interesting that there was a revenue aspect to it. I always wondered if Chevy got any market research info from the ride... not like "Oh, people like to put 3' tires on their car... we should implement that in our next model"... but more like "people really seem to like this specific color, we should use that more in our marketing"...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Sounds like a tv jingle from the 60's.

That link is just one version of the song... the ride itself (and the surrounding area music) utilized dozens of variations of that song... there was a big band version, a Broadway showtunes version, a jazz version, even a kazoo version... it would be neat if the updated version of the ride did the same, with some more modern versions of the song (like a K-pop version, or an a capalla group version, or a ska version...)

Mickeynerd17

It's so fascinating comparing these two photos now. The walls look to be in the exact same spot they were 12 years ago.

02-EPCOT-test-track.jpg
Test-Track_Full_56616.jpg

bmr1591

I'll give you one reason. They didn't design the queue to handle standby lines. They would need to have exterior queue all over the place outside. I say this while agreeing that VQ is ridiculous at this point but the queue size is a huge oversight.
The inside is very long and winding and can hold a ton of people. It's ridiculous to assume they didn't design the queue with standby in mind. There's absolutely zero percent chance those making the queue thought it would be on VQ for its entire existence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom