News Test Track to be reimagined

JohnD

Not there anymore.
1718650153170.png

Clicking the box now gets you this on the TT page:
1718650189750.png

doctornick

Impossible

I mean, I am being quite serious. WoM was a fantastic experience, funny and entertaining with a catchy tune. I think Horizons is vastly overrated on these pages - its main thing of interest was the interactive "choose your ending" feature but otherwise wasn't (IMHO) all that engaging. Especially compared to the other superior rides in classic Epcot (SSE, WoM, Imagination, LttL, I'd rate UoE higher too).

I realize that I'm a bit of an outlier here in that, but I really don't get the fascination with Horizons.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I mean, I am being quite serious. WoM was a fantastic experience, funny and entertaining with a catchy tune. I think Horizons is vastly overrated on these pages - it's main thing of interest was the interactive "choose your ending" feature but otherwise wasn't (IMHO) all that engaging. Especially compared to the other superior rides in classic Epcot (SSE, WoM, Imagination, LttL, I'd rate UoE higher too).

I realize that I'm a bit of an outlier here in that, but I really don't get the fascination with Horizons.
I always felt Spaceship Earth already had a lot of the same DNA (and could revive even more of its essence with a redone descent), so I wasn’t as sad to see it go. That said, Mission: SPACE is horribly mediocre.

Sectorkeeper71

Interesting that there was a revenue aspect to it. I always wondered if Chevy got any market research info from the ride... not like "Oh, people like to put 3' tires on their car... we should implement that in our next model"... but more like "people really seem to like this specific color, we should use that more in our marketing"...
As others have mentioned, the revenue or exposure GM gets from this interests me. Considering they’ve been finding an Epcot pavilion for 40 plus years there has to be a solid return for them in some shape or form

DisneyRoy

The inside is very long and winding and can hold a ton of people. It's ridiculous to assume they didn't design the queue with standby in mind. There's absolutely zero percent chance those making the queue thought it would be on VQ for its entire existence.
From what I understand the interior can hold an hour or more of guests. Should be enough I would hope.

UNCgolf

I mean, I am being quite serious. WoM was a fantastic experience, funny and entertaining with a catchy tune. I think Horizons is vastly overrated on these pages - its main thing of interest was the interactive "choose your ending" feature but otherwise wasn't (IMHO) all that engaging. Especially compared to the other superior rides in classic Epcot (SSE, WoM, Imagination, LttL, I'd rate UoE higher too).

Thing is, all of those EPCOT attractions were legit E tickets (well, maybe not LttL, but it was great regardless), and were all among the best attractions Disney has ever built anywhere. The park was loaded with great rides and I don't think any were significantly better or worse than the others. If I had to rank them, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, Imagination, and Seabase Alpha (yes, not a ride the way the others were, but as an overall themed experience) would move around in the top 5 based on the day because they're all so close overall. I wasn't quite as high on Energy (although I absolutely loved the dinosaurs), but it was still an A. It was just wasn't an A+.

The future living scenes in the desert, floating city, and space station were my favorite parts of Horizons, although the choose your ending thing was fun too.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

As others have mentioned, the revenue or exposure GM gets from this interests me. Considering they’ve been finding an Epcot pavilion for 40 plus years there has to be a solid return for them in some shape or form
People have also mentioned the President of GM sits on the Disney board, also nearly Disney's entire fleet of company vehicles at WDW are Chevy. I'm sure there are many layers to this partnership.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I realize that I'm a bit of an outlier here in that, but I really don't get the fascination with Horizon

wow. I mean WoM was really good, but it wasn't awe inspiring or made the future feel grounded and believable (since that wasn't its focus).

While Spaceship Earth was the centerpiece of the park, Horizons tied all of themes of the pavilions into one and displayed a true optimistic view of the future based in what felt like realistic science and even had a mission statement "If we can dream it, we can do it" (that wasn't a quote from Walt Disney..... but he did say similar things)

But anyway, this is a Test Track thread.

Disstevefan1

WOM was better than Horizons?? I don't get it, but It's OK, you do you.

I know, you also like the Acolyte, so you have unique tastes and that totally fine!

As for Test track while WOM was OK I liked the original Test Track better than the TRON version that just closed.

Looking forward to the new "NON TRON" version we will be getting. The rumor is that there will be some WOM inspired changes made to this latest version.

bwr827

In the new version, you won't be designing cars -- you'll be building them! It's straight to the assembly line of this actual GM plant for you! Get on the ride faster by meeting your quota!
And Ford purchased a minority share for assembly in the Individual Lightning Lane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom