News Test Track to be reimagined

vikescaper

Shocked to see how many people weren't really rocking with the create a car thing. I really loved that part and it makes me sad that it might be going away
I would have liked it more if each member of my party could design their own car. We were always grouped together on the same number so it didn’t become a competition for us. Yeah, we could have used the design kiosk in the post show but I always forgot about that.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I would have liked it more if each member of my party could design their own car. We were always grouped together on the same number so it didn’t become a competition for us. Yeah, we could have used the design kiosk in the post show but I always forgot about that.

That was always my "cheat" to use, especially if the line was long and wanted to do single rider

Mander

In the Parks
No
Shocked to see how many people weren't really rocking with the create a car thing. I really loved that part and it makes me sad that it might be going away
My sister and I loved it - as kids and as adults. Though as adults it became our mission to create the ugliest/weirdest car possible (but always pink with either the sparkles or butterflies). 😅

TheRealSkull

For some reason, this thought popped into my head this morning. This thought might be completely out there and entirely wrong. Will they add Cars IP to the new updates on Test Track?

The new update will be a tribute to the Horizon. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if characters from Cars also appeared. Epcot's goal is to introduce more intellectual properties to the park. Adding a Cars Land wouldn't make sense since we already have the Test Track. Therefore, the story would be different.

Additionally, this ride is closing in the middle of the summer, and we have the D23 Expo in August. I could see them making this announcement. Cars characters might become a part of the whole Test Track while also subtly referencing Horizon.

Guardians did the same thing. I remember when this attraction was first announced. They said it would pay homage to the original Epcot, with Star-Lord visiting Epcot during the 80s. However, we only got a photo of Peter standing before Spaceship Earth.

Also, take a look at CommuniCore Hall. They have new artwork featuring classic Epcot attractions. It is a lazy reference to say you are keeping with the spirit of Epcot.
Cars in this space would be terrible. This is one of the few attractions that Disney is building in this era with seemingly no IP attached. Let's keep it this way, as I believe this will be a huge win for EPCOT. You would be much better off building RSR somewhere else.

I've also mentioned this before, but that "same ride system" argument has been mentioned over and over again, however people seem to forget that Disney has been doing this sort of thing for a very long time. I don't get why people make the rules different for RSR and Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom