News Test Track to be reimagined

dreamfinding

There's probably some asbestos at the Magic Kingdom (or at least was at one point; it's possible it's all been removed as part of different refurbs, rethemes, etc. through the years), but I think it's unlikely EPCOT has any and DHS and DAK certainly shouldn't.

lazyboy97o

iirc, for Disneyland, there is an asbestos record.

I don't think something like that exists for WDW.
There's probably some asbestos at the Magic Kingdom (or at least was at one point; it's possible it's all been removed as part of different refurbs, rethemes, etc. through the years), but I think it's unlikely EPCOT has any and DHS and DAK certainly shouldn't.
There are asbestos records for Walt Disney World. Some have even found their way online in the past. There just isn’t much of a need for such records anymore at Walt Disney World. Back in the early 2000s Disney undertook a lengthy and rather comprehensive preemptive remediation project to remove asbestos from the property.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm going to try to be there Sunday for one last ride if it's not too packed, or at least one last time designing my own vehicle in the post-show area

dreamfinding

I really like that idea of shifting the car design to the Disney app. I forget who raised it earlier, but it would be a nice upgrade and it would be fun to do in the queue without having to stop at a kiosk.
This is great in theory until the app crashes (which it does a lot). The app can barely process G+ purchases some days, best not to integrate something like car design into an undependable app.

Sectorkeeper71

Most asbestos insulation was banned in the mid-70s nationwide -- it was still allowed in other types of building materials, but for the most part the construction industry quit using it by the early 80s.
That tracks. My house is mid-60s and has a textured bathroom ceiling that (probably) has asbestos in it.

DCLcruiser

I really like that idea of shifting the car design to the Disney app. I forget who raised it earlier, but it would be a nice upgrade and it would be fun to do in the queue without having to stop at a kiosk.
It was me. I've wanted to do it for years.
This is great in theory until the app crashes (which it does a lot). The app can barely process G+ purchases some days, best not to integrate something like car design into an undependable app.
You can do it before you enter the parks. At home, on wifi.

MerlinTheGoat

I don't expect any World of Motion references aside from maybe an audio snippet of Fun To Be Free. Probably just a short roadtrip through a forest like the concept art showed, using some of the spare greenery that they accidentally purchased too much of for Tiana. Unless the plans for the retheme have changed VERY drastically VERY recently.

Moth

I don't expect any World of Motion references aside from maybe an audio snippet of Fun To Be Free. Probably just a short roadtrip through a forest like the concept art showed, using some of the spare greenery that they accidentally purchased too much of for Tiana. Unless the plans for the retheme have changed VERY drastically VERY recently.
I wouldn't say plans changed drastically? As much as I want my dream idea of 'the backyard outdoors loop becomes a beautiful enclosed future city' to come real, it's obviously not gonna be WoM 1:1, but I heard the references to WOM are substantial.

They didn't name drop it for no reason. Still haven't heard anything about the song though.

wedenterprises

TT 3.0 will be the least abstract of the three iterations. I'm expecting show scenes, larger and more immersive sets, a greater sense of space (greater use of the space too), and linear story on-board narration ala Spaceship Earth. (I'd love it if the narration was a radio station with music and a "host"...I'd expect an instrumental version of "Fun to be Free")

Going back to my earlier post about Chevrolet rebranding their messaging... Chevy introduced the tagline "Find New Roads" in late 2012/2013. TT sponsorship switched to from GM to Chevrolet and TT 2.0 opened late 2012. The whole sim track/Tron/design your car/electric car theme fit well with "Find New Roads" and fit well into the Epcot theme at the time. Synergy baby!

With Chevrolet now shifting brand messaging to "Together let's drive," TT 3.0 will get a story that will fit VERY well into the new human-connection themes of Epcot. It's no longer about how technology changes our world, but rather how it changes us and our place in that evolving world.

WoM was the former. It dabbled in the subject of our personal connection to transportation (mostly showing archetypes), but it was really more focused on the changes in technology and how that alone changed the world around us.

A Spaceship Earth refurb will likely follow the same new themes, moving away from communication technology itself and more toward what we communicate and how our storytelling has evolved with new tools.

I think they'll (Chevy and Disney) want to connect us to our love of driving throughout the generations and how that gets passed down, then show why/how/where we drive today, and finally bring us to the open road of the future generations. It'll likely be a much more emotional and optimistic story.

Not everything in Epcot perfectly fits with these themes but keep it in mind when evaluating any new rides or refurbs we may get in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom