News Test Track to be reimagined

dreamfinding

What frustrates me most is that they had already cleared out the inside and refurbished the exterior of the pavilion. Even if Play Pavilion would have sucked, you at least would have had SOMETHING new there that I'm sure kids would have really enjoyed. It's such a huge pavilion and there's so much potential to do something cool with it. But alas, it continues to sit abandoned.
Even if they would just open it as a festival center!

Bocabear

Even if they would just open it as a festival center!
I think when they see people start writing things like this, they have won the game of wait long enough and you don't even have to try.... I think the worst thing that happened was converting a once-great pavilion into a festival center...not knowing they would actually shutter it completely at some point, and we would think it was pretty great to have a festival center....lol Then they built the new Festival Center...too small to really utilize for classes and things like they had at the old WOL building...So we might as well bring the Festival Center back to WOL...though in the narrative of the area of the park it is in, it makes no sense being a Festival Center...

dreamfinding

If the picture I’ve seen is any indication, the area is not prepped and ready to go. Granted, what I’ve seen is a year old and a lot could’ve happened between then and now.

It really is just a viscous cycle of the space not being utilized in the best way.

Haymarket2008

Depends on your definition. I refuse to go all in on 'substantive' until I get final word on the song.

Or, rather, will the attraction be a whimsical tour of the history of transport with Test Track vehicles and just....faster?

The vibe I'm getting is that it'll be Test Track with just more "optimistic futurism".

dreamfinding

Or, rather, will the attraction be a whimsical tour of the history of transport with Test Track vehicles and just....faster?
Bring this guy back:
IMG_7163.jpeg

Mickeynerd17

Wasn’t sure where the timeline was on when it was phased out honestly (was before my time).

The mold I stand by though
Any building built before the late 90's (let's say 1996) most likely has some about of asbestos in it, so the likelihood communicore had asbestos in it is high. As for the surviving side, they probably removed it all when they gutted the building.

Captain Neo

Any building built before the late 90's (let's say 1996) most likely has some about of asbestos in it, so the likelihood communicore had asbestos in it is high. As for the surviving side, they probably removed it all when they gutted the building.

I thought it was the mid 80s when asbestos was banned? Or was that just for homes in California?

Sneakman

Column A and column B.
Sounds like it’ll be very Epcot, which I do like a lot.
though It probably won’t be the only WOM thing in the new ride, I personally really like the idea of TT 3.0 being this really futuristic ride about electric cars and it’s this own different thing than anything before, and there also just a WOM sea serpent and the telescope guy smacked in the middle of the ride for no particular reason, with no cohesion of anything else.

lazyboy97o

Disney moved away from asbestos in the late 70s. The best evidence for the lack of asbestos use in EPCOT Center is the way they have just knocked down buildings.

dreamfinding

Most asbestos insulation was banned in the mid-70s nationwide -- it was still allowed in other types of building materials, but for the most part the construction industry quit using it by the early 80s.
iirc, for Disneyland, there is an asbestos record.

I don't think something like that exists for WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom