Test Track refurb???

t3techcom18

They should have enclosed the outside portion with a tunnel around the track. Then they could have LED lights and projections on the inside of the tunnel to really add to the speed effect and provide a completely new experience on that portion of the ride. Now that I really think about it and ride it in my head, I'm upset this didn't happen.

No can do for several reasons but, most importantly, if they did, everyone would come off deaf.

E82

How is the condition of the vehicle interiors?
They are the same vehicles that the original TT used. That being said, there is new paint and skins and they appear to be new when standing from a distance, but once you get in the vehicle you can tell by looking at the seat belt and buckle that they are the same ones.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Yes Test Track is in the new guide map

image-3.jpg

Donald96

Is the New Test Track will be in the Epcot Guidemap?:confused:

Test Track was never taken off the map I beleive, it just never said "Grand Reopening" and the description was: "We're gearing up for an exciting re-imagined Test Track! When complete you can design your own custom concept vehicle then buckle into your "SimCar" and put your design through its paces on the exhilarating hills and switchbacks of the Test Track circuit." Later they added that red "pop" bubble with "Coming Late Fall 2012" Good thing I like to save my maps ;)

NoChesterHester

They are the same vehicles that the original TT used. That being said, there is new paint and skins and they appear to be new when standing from a distance, but once you get in the vehicle you can tell by looking at the seat belt and buckle that they are the same ones.

Are the interiors still visibly beat up or did they change out components?

MarkTwain

One question... how was the soundtrack to the ride? Any hints of World of Motion or Test Track or is it more Daft Punk/Tron?

To be honest, I didn't really notice! Like I said earlier, I was much more focused on the visuals and the motion my first time riding it, and the narration after that, so I wasn't paying super-close attention to the soundtrack. I feel like it may have been Daft Punk-ish/electronic though.

is this the city that used to be in WOM? I mentioned this earlier as I thought it might fit in with the theming quite well.

Not the same city. It's much smaller, about the same size as the one from the finale of Spaceship Earth '94. It was a very angular, stylized city with red buildings.

How is the condition of the vehicle interiors?

Very nice and brand new-looking. I'm not sure if they're the same vehicles or not, but there are screens inside each vehicle, with one in each row. I'm not sure what they are for as they were all showing error screens each time I rode, but I'm guessing they had to do with the personalized cars as most of the ride's features related to that aspect weren't turned on yet. I did notice that the yellow straps ("please pull on the yellow straps") already had a worn look to them, so it's possible those were recycled from the old ride.

janoimagine

And style over substance...

Or rather, substituting flash for substance. Which is great. Tron is simply cool. It is one of the few instances where Disney has actually been hip and edgy. Tron's visuals are real cult nowadays, just as classic as its fellow 'class of 1982' style icons Blade Runner and those early eighties video games. All three initially overlooked by both mainstream and avant-garde, complete cult classics now.

...speaking of which...
Just how cult Tron is, is evident from this picture of jmcl07 looking all 'style icon' in his Tron outfit! :

tron-guy.jpg
Wow ... thats a bad case of male moosenuckle.

The Empress Lilly

LOL... I've never even seen Tron, It is just never interested me. If my posts made an impression of some Tron loving and ToT Summernightatsic fanboy... I couldn't be further.
Just making some lighthearted banter! What would this place be but sourpusses nagging nagging nagging about evil TDO if we didn't throw in the occasional fun stuff?

You debuted in this thread and provided us with all the TT-tidbits, so you won the Tron suit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom