Test Track refurb???

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't be a debbie downer Martin :p
Oh absolutely. I really want this to be a huge success. Futureworld is at a make or break crossroads. Either they drag each pavilion and the park theme back into the future as a collective, or half the park continues to sink faster and faster into a dated collective of mish mash ideas and lacklustre attempts to justify an ever increasing ticket price.

Thrill Seeker

Oh absolutely. I really want this to be a huge success. Futureworld is at a make or break crossroads. Either they drag each pavilion and the park theme back into the future as a collective, or half the park continues to sink faster and faster into a dated collective of mish mash ideas and lacklustre attempts to justify an ever increasing ticket price.

The new Track does just that. Hopefully it's a sign of great things to come for Future World...

Timothy_Q

image-3.jpg

They should rename it Test YOUR Track so people know it's been updated. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The glowing reviews are making me want a FW refurb even more. I regained the hope I had lost for FW.
That's the problem. Imag sponsorship fell through. Soarin' is still popular. Seas works in their eyes. Energy still limps. Life and Odyssey are someone else's problem. Earth still has lines. Forget half of Innoventions is boarded up. And forget park asthetics. Test Track shows what can be done on a good, but reduced budget. When will the rest of the parks issues receive similar attention?

Timothy_Q

That's the problem. Imag sponsorship fell through. Soarin' is still popular. Seas works in their eyes. Energy still limps. Life and Odyssey are someone else's problem. Earth still has lines. Forget half of Innoventions is boarded up. And forget park asthetics. Test Track shows what can be done on a good, but reduced budget. When will the rest of the parks issues receive similar attention?

I'm not even asking for a DCA style refurb. A trackless ride system in Imagination with an accompanying 2nd floor and 3D film, plus a new descent for SSE would already make me the happiest person.

I never understood why they chose to close Horizons and WoM instead of UoE.

jmuboy

I'm not even asking for a DCA style refurb. A trackless ride system in Imagination with an accompanying 2nd floor and 3D film, plus a new descent for SSE would already make me the happiest person.

I think your ideas for Imagination are great.

I will disagree a bit on SSE. Save the money on a SSE descent and give the Test Track team from WDI a shot at updating Universe of Energy. I think that pavilion is so cool still and could be a viable guest experience because energy has, is and will be so viable to our country and on the forefront of people's thoughts.

Oddysey

Even if it is only one step at a time I will be extemely happy. Glad to here all the wonderful reviews for TT2.0, and I am hoping that this update is the first step to bringing FW into the 21st century and signifies the beginning of a cohesive theme.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Using the full track in Imagination would make me happy instead of today's curtailed route. Keep it on steel but just use all the available space! And reintroduce visuals to match the pavilions name.

Horizons needed lots of money to update it. The only sponsor was one who offered to demo the pavilion and build their own. Motion had a sponsor who wanted a thrilling update. And Energy had a sponsor who were happy with their reduced use of the pavilion and were happy to continue to sponsor it as such.

CariBear

I rode TT yesterday after work....and I wasn't as impressed as most of you are with the refurb. Yes, it looks nice....I did like most of the lighting, but it just did not "wow" me. I was too busy looking around at the lights....trying to understand what everything was referrencing....that I could not really concentrate on the audio. I think a big portion of this ride....especially for kids....is going to be designing your car and seeing how it rates with the cars created by other guests. These effects were not working during my ride. According to the CM's.....they worked 1/2 the time...and the other 1/2 they just did not do what they were supposed to be doing. I can see this being a huge issue with this ride....too many tech details that can be offline/not working properly. How many design centers are not going to be working properly....how many card scanners are not going to scan properly (when entering the vehicle...so your car can show up throughout the ride sequence). If FP users are not going to have much time to design their cars then they miss out on a huge part of the ride experience. Kids are going to be excited to see how their car stands up to other guest's cars throughout the ride, but if those screens are not working properly.....there goes some of the excitement. I just see too many technical glitches happening with this new design. They have less than 2 weeks to get things working....not sure they can pull it off based on what I saw/experienced yesterday....although I sure hope they can!!

montyz81

UoE still had a sponsor while Horizons didn't and GM needed something that was far more youthful to associate there products with.

rct247

I rode TT yesterday after work....and I wasn't as impressed as most of you are with the refurb. Yes, it looks nice....I did like most of the lighting, but it just did not "wow" me. I was too busy looking around at the lights....trying to understand what everything was referrencing....that I could not really concentrate on the audio. I think a big portion of this ride....especially for kids....is going to be designing your car and seeing how it rates with the cars created by other guests. These effects were not working during my ride. According to the CM's.....they worked 1/2 the time...and the other 1/2 they just did not do what they were supposed to be doing. I can see this being a huge issue with this ride....too many tech details that can be offline/not working properly. How many design centers are not going to be working properly....how many card scanners are not going to scan properly (when entering the vehicle...so your car can show up throughout the ride sequence). If FP users are not going to have much time to design their cars then they miss out on a huge part of the ride experience. Kids are going to be excited to see how their car stands up to other guest's cars throughout the ride, but if those screens are not working properly.....there goes some of the excitement. I just see too many technical glitches happening with this new design. They have less than 2 weeks to get things working....not sure they can pull it off based on what I saw/experienced yesterday....although I sure hope they can!!

I can also agree with your post. I think one reason I couldn't "hear" the onride audio was because I was so distracted by everything going on. It was really a visual overload, but I don't think it makes the refurb bad in any way. If anything, it makes you want to ride it again to just figure out what happened almost in the same way that the Forbidden Journey did for me. The biggest thing for me is just how much technology is riding on this attraction. When Test Track 1.0 opened, it was plagued with technical difficulties because the computers weren't quite yet powerful enough for the ride system so it often failed. Test Track 2.0 may very well have the same hiccups through it's first holiday season. I can't really say that the ride is going to be unreliable quite yet, because it is still in test & adjust/previews. Yes, when I visited, there were clearly numerous design stations out of order or not even turned on. Some that were working froze for the users. I also didn't get to see how my car did during the ride because that feature wasn't working as well. There were also minor glitches along the ride with different cards not having screens working or the audio being muffled. Some projection screens were obviously blank and even in the post show, one time my card didn't pull up the car I made, but rather someone elses. All of these are part of the test & adjust mode to make sure these problems get worked out before it opens on December 6th, but even then I still think there will be some hiccups here and there.

All of the issues still made it an amazing experience overall. On a different note, I also agree with the post above that I want to hear the full audio loop. It is nice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom