Test Track refurb???

I keep hearing about the outside of the building. Has anyone seen any pictures of the inside? I think It's odd that a month till open and we havent seen any sneak peeks yet. What will the interior or on ride look like?

novawildcat18

I keep hearing about the outside of the building. Has anyone seen any pictures of the inside? I think It's odd that a month till open and we havent seen any sneak peeks yet. What will the interior or on ride look like?
I second this, I really couldn't care less what it looks like on the outside. I am interested in the queue and the actual inside of the ride. But unfortunately, I don't think any of us know anymore than what's been released on the Disney Parks Blog.

StageFrenzy

Another reason for the canopies -- family members waiting outside... The last time I went to Epcot with my dad he didn't want to go on thrill rides like Mission Space or Test Track so it's good he had a shaded place to wait outside.

That's what gift shops are for, doncha know.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Another reason for the canopies -- family members waiting outside... The last time I went to Epcot with my dad he didn't want to go on thrill rides like Mission Space or Test Track so it's good he had a shaded place to wait outside. We could have enjoyed World Of Motion and Horizons together. Personally, I like the building better with no canopy. Find a way to let people queue up inside in the air conditioned space. Design attractions that entire families can enjoy together.

The lowered canopy idea looks a lot better than the current one. Unfortunately it blocks the view of the track -- wait -- one can't actually see the cars racing around the track because it is banked so much! That's why they had to add mirrors above the entrance. Poor concept -- lets design a ride where we can have cars zoom around the building and forget that when we bank the track, no one can actually see them...

How about a low arched canopy across the walkway to compliment the new entry structures? Can anyone Photoshop that one??

I do agree that it is a consideration, however I would think that GM...oops sorry, CHEVY would prefer those people sitting around doing nothing should be in the exit showroom instead. ;)

If I get a chance I may try to photoshop an alternate canopy design

StageFrenzy

I do agree that it is a consideration, however I would think that GM...oops sorry, CHEVY would prefer those people sitting around doing nothing should be in the exit showroom instead. ;)

If I get a chance I may try to photoshop an alternate canopy design

They need to let people know something is in there

pumpkin7

This is an admittedly bad photoshop job, but I was really curious to see how it looked in that setup without the overhang:

ttb.jpg

You know, if they did this, I wouldn't even mind if they put TEST TRACK in bold blue letters above the entrance of the building

That's so pretty. Darn it Disney, look!!

Still, at least the new one looks marginally better than the old one, eventhough it hides a beautifully constructed building.

montyz81

Sadly i never knew the Epcot that once housed WoM, Horizons, and all other classics. Seeing so many video's on those attractions make me wish i had gotten the chance to experience them at least once before they left.
It was a far better park then it is today. It was worth more then a single day to experience it all. Today I go in and hit SSE, TT, Energy, LWL and Crush. I can do that in a morning. The afternoon is spent walking around WS and that can be anywhere from 2 -4 hours. In 1983, it took us from opening till 3:00 to go through FW. We didn't finish WS through park closing and that was with less countries. I love Epcot so much right now to try and get some of that feeling back I had when I went as a 12 year old in 1983.

It was a far better park then it is today. It was worth more then a single day to experience it all. Today I go in and hit SSE, TT, Energy, LWL and Crush. I can do that in a morning. The afternoon is spent walking around WS and that can be anywhere from 2 -4 hours. In 1983, it took us from opening till 3:00 to go through FW. We didn't finish WS through park closing and that was with less countries. I love Epcot so much right now to try and get some of that feeling back I had when I went as a 12 year old in 1983.

Yes, I can hit Soarin first thing when park opens then everything else is easy. World showcase has even less for me since I do not shop that much and I am not an alcoholic lol. I do eat a dinner their from time to time. It could be so much more.

I will say this, I take a youth group from church of poorer kids, they are always amazed by WDW. It is still a shock to them at how big and how well done everything is. I think we lose perspective because we go so much, these kids dont have that luxury.

Tom

Beta Return

Quoted for absolute truth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom