Test Track refurb???

articos

Came across a few photos of the WoM/TT bldg while looking up a few things. It's hard to describe how absolutely stunning this building is/was canopy-free, with the WoM curved ramp in the entry and the way it was lit. More so even at night. Will see if I can link a few here.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My favourite

motionoutsidenight.jpg

from http://lostepcot.com/images/motionoutsidenight.jpg

Is it really the same building? Or did some loon in the mid 90's demolish it and replace it with construction site props and a concert canopy?

articos

That's one of my favorites too. The lighting, the scale, the landscaping and the reflection off the surface of the curved siding...when the track was added, it wasn't good, but I don't think anyone realized how much of the building would be lost. Then the canopy, and now no one thinks about what's hiding underneath.

Even the entry and ramp were a thing of beauty.

Imagineering-Disney_EPCOT-30th_World-of-Motion.jpg

Courtesy of the Imagineering Disney blog. Better without the queue, but hey. They also did a comparison then/now. Prepare yourself: where's the building?!

Ah, progress...:)

muteki

That's one of my favorites too. The lighting, the scale, the landscaping and the reflection off the surface of the curved siding...when the track was added, it wasn't good, but I don't think anyone realized how much of the building would be lost. Then the canopy, and now no one thinks about what's hiding underneath.

Even the entry and ramp were a thing of beauty.

Courtesy of the Imagineering Disney blog. Better without the queue, but hey. They also did a comparison then/now. Prepare yourself: where's the building?!

Ah, progress...:)

Apparently pictures from the entrance ramp were amazing too!

alphac2005

My favourite

motionoutsidenight.jpg

from http://lostepcot.com/images/motionoutsidenight.jpg

Is it really the same building? Or did some loon in the mid 90's demolish it and replace it with construction site props and a concert canopy?

The slow ascent outside and the first scene was something I loved as a child. It was "cool" that you went outside and then got to see EPCOT from a higher viewing plane. It seems that the clean, modern building minus the awful canopy/cheap temporary stage look, would play much more into the whole new theme of the future that is supposedly coming. Then again, that would be all too logical of a conclusion for the team that is running TDO today to understand.

muteki

Was looking really good until I got to the picture of the vehicle in the ride, which with the road signs and guard rails, looks a lot like what we had before. Not too thrilled about that...

Love the other concept work though, and that they tried to do something futuristic and optimistic, but I hope some of that ends up in the ride itself. A slick pre- and post-show can't/shouldn't be the main draw for an attraction.

Atomicmickey

Was looking really good until I got to the picture of the vehicle in the ride, which with the road signs and guard rails, looks a lot like what we had before. Not too thrilled about that...

Love the other concept work though, and that they tried to do something futuristic and optimistic, but I hope some of that ends up in the ride itself. A slick pre- and post-show can't/shouldn't be the main draw for an attraction.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Was hoping for a little less visibility of the whole building
during that portion.

Nevertheless, I have always enjoyed this ride despite its warts, and I look forward to what
I perceive as an upgrade. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

BrittanyRose428

I'm sure this has already been asked, but does anyone know how the design process will work? Say for instance I design the features of the car one way, but the couple sitting behind me in the car designed it differently, but now we're all in the same car. How would that work?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom