Test Track refurb???

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm sure this has already been asked, but does anyone know how the design process will work? Say for instance I design the features of the car one way, but the couple sitting behind me in the car designed it differently, but now we're all in the same car. How would that work?
It will always be the same physical ride experience, no changes there. Exactly how the design will influence things is not clear, but it appears it will be on screens, and later in the post show area.

muteki

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Was hoping for a little less visibility of the whole building
during that portion.

Nevertheless, I have always enjoyed this ride despite its warts, and I look forward to what
I perceive as an upgrade. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

All that exposed show lighting sure looks lovely too.

MickeyPeace

I like the futuristic look. It looks like there may be something to look at inside the loop in the outdoor section of track beside parked cars.

I'm not liking the increase in switchbacks with nothing to do and what will the experience be like for single riders?

montyz81

So, I am going to be laughed off the stage here, but the second to last concept art picture shows a car going down a hill. I don't remember where that is and was wondering if it is possible that the cars are going in the opposite direction then TT presented by GM? Can anyone confirm if the cars have been doing that during test?

montyz81

Also, in one of the concept models in the first few pictures, it looks like the original vestibule is part of the model. Can anyone tell me how that plays into the new ride, or is it just an older concept model?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also, in one of the concept models in the first few pictures, it looks like the original vestibule is part of the model. Can anyone tell me how that plays into the new ride, or is it just an older concept model?
Its roofless - you're seeing the VIP level there, which still has its wedge shape.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, I am going to be laughed off the stage here, but the second to last concept art picture shows a car going down a hill. I don't remember where that is and was wondering if it is possible that the cars are going in the opposite direction then TT presented by GM? Can anyone confirm if the cars have been doing that during test?
It's during the rough road test. Same as before. Seatbelt check, hill climb, right turn then ramp down to second floor level.

I'm not laughing at ya :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The downhill section was right at the start, the rough road test. Skip to about 7mins 30 secs

neoian

I'm sure this has already been asked, but does anyone know how the design process will work? Say for instance I design the features of the car one way, but the couple sitting behind me in the car designed it differently, but now we're all in the same car. How would that work?

From what I've heard, changing your car will only change the outcome of your "score" at the end of the ride. So you will be graded for how well your car performed on the tests. It doesn't change the ride at all other than the possibility of your car being shown on screens throughout the ride. So the best performing test car would be featured at the end of the ride.

WDWFREAK53

Wow...I'm actually blown away at the pre/post show! That looks amazing!
Hopefully that same "theme" carries throughout the attraction!

I'm assuming that the picture with the track and the "Shanghai" above it is the digital tables. From this concept it looks like nothing more than a slotcar track...but is this not a physical track but more of a hologram?

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
This may have been answered before, but I didn't see it anywhere....but is there a reason why in the fourth picture it says "Shanghai"?

Mickey_777

I'm looking forward to this refresh. I never experienced "old Epcot" so I enjoy Test Track. I have no problems with the ride layout staying the same. The new queue and post show look fantastic. My only hope is that it doesn't feel more "car show" than Disney attraction. The new area music (is it same to assume there will be a new soundtrack?) will have a lot to do with that.

midwest_mice

I am guessing that the three pre-show rooms where they used to brief you on the course is where the design process will happen. Just by looking at one of the photos I've seen, that seems to be the case with one big open room instead of the 3 smaller ones.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The concept art looks amazing...having said that, I've often been impressed by concept art, but unimpressed by the final result. Hopefully this will be an exception.

mitchk

Was looking really good until I got to the picture of the vehicle in the ride, which with the road signs and guard rails, looks a lot like what we had before. Not too thrilled about that...

Love the other concept work though, and that they tried to do something futuristic and optimistic, but I hope some of that ends up in the ride itself. A slick pre- and post-show can't/shouldn't be the main draw for an attraction.

yup that's the same thing I thought, I know they are replacing the heat, and cold chambers, but I have a feeling that is just gonna be like the effect they use at DCA Cars, with the digital mirror. Let's wait, and see

aladdin2007

Love the pre and post show pics, kinda reminds me of the old if you had wings queue....but the ride pic not so excited about, just looks like one big open room now with a bunch of metal scaffolding (they brought that look from outside to the inside, uggg why oh why) and hanging bright stage lights.:confused: But will see. Loving the all the before and after though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom