Test Track refurb???

c-one

The other image
ttr212988LARGE.jpg
This thing reminds me of the old Body Wars "vehicle" you were supposedly riding in. Flying cars!

HMF

How is it controversial? Is it any more controversial than the logo to Horizons being found at Misson: SPACE? The 20k Sub at The Little Mermaid? Toad in Winnie the Pooh and Haunted Mansion?

Anybody with half a brain can clearly see that it's not being made out to look like a permanent "icon" for the pavilion, as it's very subtle and is among many other obviously different but similar looking icons.

It looks to me like it's just a simple nod to World of Motion like every other easter egg in WDW, and a little something for older fans to notice. It's controversial because you're making it out to be that way.
The canopy itself is controversial not the WoM logo.

HMF

However, I do agree on the notion that bringing back pavilion logos would be a lot more meaningful if it was across the board and not just a nod to the past.
Exactly! I thought they were going in that direction with Spaceship Earth 2007 with it's logo. Unfortunately they decided not to continue the aesthetic started by SSE in the new Test Track.

FigmentJedi

Exactly! I thought they were going in that direction with Spaceship Earth 2007 with it's logo. Unfortunately they decided not to continue the aesthetic started by SSE in the new Test Track.
It actually reflects the attraction pretty well. 2007's Spaceship Earth has halfbaked narration and never finished the descent, they design a new logo icon for the pavilion and never finished the rest of the Future World set.

lazyboy97o

The World of Motion logo isn't meant to make us like it more but to be a symbol of the ride-changes that WILL make us like it more...
Disney has done enough empty pandering that I am not convinced that the presence of the symbol represents anything of substance. It's like the retro merchandise. A shallow use of images that end up getting people excited instead of follow the methods and substance that gave those images so much meaning that even after being killed off years ago, they continue to resonate.

novawildcat18

This is an admittedly bad photoshop job, but I was really curious to see how it looked in that setup without the overhang:

ttb.jpg

You know, if they did this, I wouldn't even mind if they put TEST TRACK in bold blue letters above the entrance of the building
I think that looks SO much better. What benefits are there by keeping the canopy? Without the canopy, the entrance seems to fit the whole new sleek design much better.

FWE1982

So while I know the canopy is not necessarily well loved, the new TT logo was installed on the front today. I'll try to get a picture later, it's a bit too dark right now. While it may not be loved by all, it definitely looks better than the old signage out front did...

RSoxNo1

This is an admittedly bad photoshop job, but I was really curious to see how it looked in that setup without the overhang:

ttb.jpg

You know, if they did this, I wouldn't even mind if they put TEST TRACK in bold blue letters above the entrance of the building
I'm curious what you would think would make this a better photoshop job? Great job with the visual representation.

Atomicmickey

ttb.jpg

Nicely done. I guess the canopy provides shade, but this looks so much nicer.

As for bad photoshopping--well, no. You're trying to get an idea across, and you succeeded.
You weren't trying for a photoshop award. As a tool for doing just this, photoshop is fantastic,
and you've done a great job showing us "what could be". Mission accomplished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom