Test Track refurb???

Prototype82

Admiral01

Premium Member
That entrance concept art is so much better than what has been there for Test Track. No more street lights and street signs. It looks futuristic. I would still like to have seen the canopy removed. But, understanding that it will stay, the new entrance does fit in Future World.

ellie-badge

Sorry Disney, Sticking the World of Motion logo on the canopy is not going to make us like it more. Seriously though, If they are actually trying to bring the old logos back why is this thing on Spaceship Earth?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Spaceship_Earth_Epcot_Logo.svg

So you're complaining about Disney making a subtle nod to a retired attraction that was once in its place? Something that they've been doing for decades in every single park?

Wow... there are bigger fish to fry, man.

Alektronic

The World of Motion logo isn't meant to make us like it more but to be a symbol of the ride-changes that WILL make us like it more...

That's not the the logo for WOM it's the logo for the Transportation Center. The Transportation Center hosted the WOM ride and the Transcenter and now it hosts Test Track and a design center.

HMF

So you're complaining about Disney making a subtle nod to a retired attraction that was once in its place? Something that they've been doing for decades in every single park?

Wow... there are bigger fish to fry, man.
I am aware of that but it is likely known by WDI that the canopy is controversial among the fanbase and the exhibition of the WoM logo on said canopy can be perceived as WDI cynically throwing it there for no other reason than to appease said fanbase. They can't seriously be putting it back as the full-time pavillion symbol considering the fact that they seem to not be overly concerned with matching aestheticly with the new Spaceship Earth, Which would be the way to go in my opinion.

RSoxNo1

Larger image of the concept art:
ttr130129LARGE.jpg

ellie-badge

I am aware of that but it is likely known by WDI that the canopy is controversial among the fanbase and the exhibition of the WoM logo on said canopy can be perceived as WDI cynically throwing it there for no other reason than to appease said fanbase. They can't seriously be putting it back as the full-time pavillion symbol considering the fact that they seem to not be overly concerned with matching aestheticly with the new Spaceship Earth, Which would be the way to go in my opinion.

How is it controversial? Is it any more controversial than the logo to Horizons being found at Misson: SPACE? The 20k Sub at The Little Mermaid? Toad in Winnie the Pooh and Haunted Mansion?

Anybody with half a brain can clearly see that it's not being made out to look like a permanent "icon" for the pavilion, as it's very subtle and is among many other obviously different but similar looking icons.

It looks to me like it's just a simple nod to World of Motion like every other easter egg in WDW, and a little something for older fans to notice. It's controversial because you're making it out to be that way.

FigmentJedi

Test Track really has a personality now, something I felt it was always lacking in.

However, I do agree on the notion that bringing back pavilion logos would be a lot more meaningful if it was across the board and not just a nod to the past.

aladdin2007

As much as I dislike the canopy, everything will still look a lot nicer and sleeker, cleaner, by the looks of things. Cant wait to see the inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom