Test Track refurb???

wilkeliza

so is test track open to guests or just cms right now?

It is just in CM but it appears a few people either have CM friends in high places or towards the late night a few select families were let in because when I went on my CM ride there were a few families in that are regulars at EPCOT that I know aren't CMs.

Tom Morrow

But "NOTICE THE PURPLE STRIPES!!!!!" :p

But seriously, I don't see how some continued purple neon lining the outside track couldn't be added. At least for at night.
Well, the spinning lights under the track, which were formerly alternating red and yellow, are now blue. The overhead lights could also be different colors, I guess.

cupanudles

wwtt22.jpg

HMF

I really dont understand these boards sometimes. People beg for new things and change, but when TDO does something, everyone complains. TT was dated and needed something other then a fresh coat of paint. TT2.0 is slick and a much needed upgrade to Future World. Next thing you know, they'll announce an overhaul of UoE and people will legitimately be upset over it...
Who's complaining?

HMF

I think whats happening is that this is kinda going to be an acquired taste per say. The crowd that likes a futuristic atmosphere and stunning visuals will be more opt to favor this new version. But for the crowd that is more into a more realistic experience and use of physical props, they're going to sway more towards the old version. You kinda need to just forget about the old test track because TT 2.0 and TT 1.0 are totally different rides. Its really tough to compare things that are so different. I also think the younger audience is going to like this version better while it might detract from the older crowd.
Comparing this to the original Test Track is akin to comparing the original Test Track to World of Motion, They are completely different animals.

DonaldDoleWhip

After watching the video, I wish they could've enclosed the outdoor section of the ride. The dark, glowing interior is cool and very cohesive, but once you go outside the illusion is largely lost.

Nice job overall, though.

HMF

While I'm not sure how much they could/couldn't have done with the hill, I will say the GIANT WOM logos on either side of the hill were a nice touch. Didn't notice them until a second viewing.
I actually did not notice those until you pointed them out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, the spinning lights under the track, which were formerly alternating red and yellow, are now blue. The overhead lights could also be different colors, I guess.
The overhead lights are a let down. Mini real world street lamps on sticks still? Really? Where's the under side-barrier LED colour chasing strip lighting?

Just an observation.

MissMorrow

Wow, I'm amazed at myself, I actually really like it! It's definitely more in keeping with the traditional EPCOT theme, though I'm not sure I following the storyline, if there is one.

But a part of me will still miss the previous incarnation. I was rather fond of it being one of my favorite attractions and all, which is blasphemous around here or something ;)

cba

What I've noticed from the longer ISM video
-There's purple arrows on the outside part of the ride instead of the old yellow arrows
-The truck you avoid is now just blue and white lines
-The design car part looks super cool
-I like the car that draws itself in the beginning of the queue
-I liked the old hot and cold chambers better (although the new ones work better)
More when I experience it myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom