Test Track refurb???

jdmdisney99

68464_10151265050219939_717143345_n.jpg
I like how it now says, "Auto Crash Avoidance ON" or something like that. They made the truck make since.

c-one

Looks good to me, but I'll admit there are some spots that seem oddly empty. The first hill is oddly empty, then directly after that there seems to be a portion whose sole purpose is OnStar product placement? Agree that the environmental chambers seem empty, too, apart from the very cool wind tunnel effect. Maybe when you're on the ride the sheer visual stimulation of it all makes up for the fact that nothing's happening in these parts, but...

Horizonsfan

Looks good to me, but I'll admit there are some spots that seem oddly empty. The first hill is oddly empty, then directly after that there seems to be a portion whose sole purpose is OnStar product placement? Agree that the environmental chambers seem empty, too, apart from the very cool wind tunnel effect. Maybe when you're on the ride the sheer visual stimulation of it all makes up for the fact that nothing's happening in these parts, but...

While I'm not sure how much they could/couldn't have done with the hill, I will say the GIANT WOM logos on either side of the hill were a nice touch. Didn't notice them until a second viewing.

awoogala

Here are a few of my better on ride pics. They are a bit blurry, but still, not too shabby...

315797_10151265050764939_1090055419_n.jpg

533983_10151265050864939_272218340_n.jpg

74241_10151265050679939_402033649_n.jpg

68014_10151265050289939_1501490345_n.jpg

68464_10151265050219939_717143345_n.jpg

148759_10151265049989939_659576024_n.jpg
meh. pretty, very modern and tron like. all I can think is how awesome if it were tron ride, rather than another car ride. Test track one..meh.. test track track two...slightly more visually appealing...meh. I get that I am not the demographic as a woman, but.. I just don't get car rides.

Lil Fort

Oooooh! I think it looks pretty darn cool. Thanks for posting the videos. I can't wait until our next trip so I can see it in person!

LorangeJuice

To further your point another comment was "That doesn't look anything like a car testing place!"

Oh, no...there's already confusion?! I think I do see the disconnect as the ride audio does say "Welcome to the Sim Track." Maybe it should have been renamed Sim Track...? o_O

I'm not criticizing, but this disconnect may stick with this refurb. Heck, it's certainly happened before..."Welcome to Mars!" o_O

Maybe the pre-show will clear it up...? It must...

DisneyFreakEst1994

I'm going to WDW in 9 days and I am so excited to ride this now! My only complaint is that stupid truck! I never liked it on the old one and I was hoping they would take it out for the new one, guess not. But, that's my only complaint :)

JWG

Don't know what was going on, but there were cast members coming into Epcot by the dozens at 5:30pm tonight. Don't thi it was for Candlelight given that started at 5:15. They had there own entrance line, and the was a line.

Tom Morrow

Previously I had talked about there being no audio in the outside portion, but in the InsideTheMagic, it sounds like engine noise was added. I could be wrong though. I still think it needs a pumping techno score, but engine noise would be better than nothing.

I think they should put some concept car models in the center of the outside loop where current GM models used to sit in a circle.
The first half of the ride looks very good and seems like a drastic improvement over the old ride. But everything after the environmental chambers looks empty and too much like the old ride. Almost looks like they ran out of money halfway through.
The parts after the environmental chambers already had props. Before that there was nothing, it was essentially a big open warehouse. From actually riding it in person, the visual detail is full throughout. (until you get outside, of course).

I'm actually not understanding any of the complaints of "not enough detail", really. Especially on youtube. the only detailed scenes before were the environmental chambers and the barrier test. Everything else was an open, dark warehouse. There's pretty much 100% more to look at now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom