Test Track refurb???

Oddysey

Oh, no...there's already confusion?! I think I do see the disconnect as the ride audio does say "Welcome to the Sim Track." Maybe it should have been renamed Sim Track...? o_O

I'm not criticizing, but this disconnect may stick with this refurb. Heck, it's certainly happened before..."Welcome to Mars!" o_O

Maybe the pre-show will clear it up...? It must...

I dont really see the disconnect. Your design is being "tested" for efficiency, power etc. Hence the name Test Track. The comment was that "it does not look like a place where they test cars." My answer is that it does not look like a place where they test cars in present time. It looks like a place where they test cars in the future, which fits with the Future World theme.

TalkingHead

The parts after the environmental chambers already had props. Before that there was nothing, it was essentially a big open warehouse. From actually riding it in person, the visual detail is full throughout. (until you get outside, of course).

I'm actually not understanding any of the complaints of "not enough detail", really. Especially on youtube. the only detailed scenes before were the environmental chambers and the barrier test. Everything else was an open, dark warehouse. There's pretty much 100% more to look at now.

Already had props? You mean two-dimensional trees, road signs, and roadside guardrails? At least there are laser trees at the start of it.

But that part of the ride looks the least changed, which is unfortunate, because it's always been a section with little to look at. Having a few more tunnel effects might have made that section more visually interesting.

SSE

Since Test Track is the first attraction I ever worked at during my time with Disney, it has a special place in my heart even though I was never a huge fan. From the videos I have seen of the reimagined ride, the queue looks amazing and the ride definitely looks to be an improvement, even though I do worry about how long the effects will work. I do hope to make a trip down in the future so I can experience the ride in person and then decide if I do like this new version or not.

LorangeJuice

I dont really see the disconnect. Your design is being "tested" for efficiency, power etc. Hence the name Test Track. The comment was that "it does not look like a place where they test cars." My answer is that it does not look like a place where they test cars in present time. It looks like a place where they test cars in the future, which fits with the Future World theme.

I agree with your answer. I think some folks see that the Test Track name remains and automatically think that it still represents a proving ground based in reality, albeit futuristic now, rather than a computer simulation. I think I saw another comment on here that said it looked too fake compared to the original. My answer to that is that it's a computer simulation, so it's supposed to be fake!

I just saw the video with the full queue, ride and post-show, and I didn't see anywhere that explicitly told folks "this is a computer simulation." Whether we like it or not, this might confuse some folks...at least at first...at least on youtube :p

EDIT: Nevermind the lack of explanation that it's a computer simulation. Here it is! Didn't see it until just now, but it still explains why most youtubers don't yet get it.

Cosmic Commando

The crowd went nuts. Everyone. History, tradition, and the name Enterprise. Whether it is Star Trek of Navy nuts, the name Enterprise evokes emotions.
I've never gotten hooked on the show yet, but I can watch the brilliant opening to Enterprise (with the HMS Enterprize and the Shuttle Enterprise and the moon landing and the First Contact footage all thrown together) over and over.

The youtube videos even make the new Test Track seem pretty cool; I can't wait to see it in person!

LorangeJuice

Previously I had talked about there being no audio in the outside portion, but in the InsideTheMagic, it sounds like engine noise was added. I could be wrong though. I still think it needs a pumping techno score, but engine noise would be better than nothing.

But "NOTICE THE PURPLE STRIPES!!!!!" :p

But seriously, I don't see how some continued purple neon lining the outside track couldn't be added. At least for at night.

DznyRktekt

The split screen is great. Really shows the contrast and how much has been added and refined. I sure won't miss all of the clutter of TT 1.0. Carts, crashed 90's vehicles, tools.. Looked how I would picture a GM facility in Detroit. Mission accomplished back then.
The updates have caused the line between physical space and digital to become blurred. Seeing this, consider what could be done with the Imagination Pavilion if the right sponsor came to play. Apple..Google..Amazon?

themoose

I really dont understand these boards sometimes. People beg for new things and change, but when TDO does something, everyone complains. TT was dated and needed something other then a fresh coat of paint. TT2.0 is slick and a much needed upgrade to Future World. Next thing you know, they'll announce an overhaul of UoE and people will legitimately be upset over it...

RSoxNo1

I think that quite a bit that went into this ride could have been used in a grander Space Mountain refurbishment. The video looks very good and I'm looking forward to riding it myself in a month and a half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom