Test Track refurb???

muteki

Since the ride system itself is purposefully unchanged and a majority of the on-ride changes are projection-based as opposed to physical show-scenes or a new ride system, it's not a fair comparison to previous attraction updates or to say whether this is a trend yet. The decision was made early in the process to continue using the existing ride system for budget and schedule purposes. The spend on software and video/CG production for this was definitely more than would be normal for other attractions. If a comparison in scope, this is much more than an overlay, and less than an entirely new attraction, which affects budget on both counts. This update is a (more) cost-effective and schedule-friendly way to get a lot of bang for the buck, and I think will be very successful in appearing fresh and new, and will be a draw (on top of the fact the attraction ride system is already a draw). What remains to be seen is how the audience takes to the ride itself as a new attraction. If the new direction succeeds in having guests get off feeling like it's entirely new and worth the time, that's the goal. But if the pre/post show overshadow the main attraction or the main attraction doesn't feel "up to" the pre/post shows, that's not good. Have to take into account the whole of the attraction, when talking about how and where the budget is spent.

Agreed on most/all counts, as this update will get me to actually ride TT again, whereas before on most days it was a pass for me. The only question I have is how big that "bang for the buck" will be, in the long run.

CTXRover

Hope this is ok to post.

From twitter: first pic of inside the ride.
https://twitter.com/WDWorldcom/status/271294499475566592

My best guess is that it appears to be the down ramp after the initial steep incline. In the prior version it was part of the "rough road tests" before the ABS test. However, it does not appear the "rough road" part is there anymore (unclear when this photo may have been taken, so the blocks may still be added) It appears there is a somebody programming some imaging at the bottom of the ramp and I suspect the cones are there just for safety to mark the center of the track. Looks promising that it will be more than just a large warehouse feel.

Hope this is ok to post.

My best guess is that it appears to be the down ramp after the initial steep incline. In the prior version it was part of the "rough road tests" before the ABS test. However, it does not appear the "rough road" part is there anymore (unclear when this photo may have been taken, so the blocks may still be added) It appears there is a somebody programming some imaging at the bottom of the ramp and I suspect the cones are there just for safety to mark the center of the track. Looks promising that it will be more than just a large warehouse feel.

The caption under the photo is interesting:

made the lights for the new re-molded Tron/Test track ride @ Epcot...

motox7

Hope this is ok to post.

All I have to say is YES!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I have read these forums for over a year now but figured I would sign up to provide something useful to a thread I have been reading heavily as of late.

Here are more pictures of Test Track (inside):

testtack2.jpg

testtrack.jpg

Plus the picture below was previously linked but an article I read elaborated that the screens on the left and right of the track... bottom of the hill... are scattered throughout to show your design as if if they were 'mirrors'... which reminds me of the mirrors from HM.

testtrack1.jpg

Hopefully my first post is worthwhile. I will likely become more active now that I have bitten the bullet so to speak. Thanks to all for providing a good read.

Kev1417

Read the description of the pre and post shows. Is it just me or does it seem like lines are going to be extremely long because of people designing cars. If it takes min. 5 minutes to design a car per person, just seem crazy. Am I missing something? Also all the post show stuff seems like it will be a very cramped pavilion with wait times to experience everything taking forever. Interesting concepts, sounds exciting, but I fear a lot of standing around waiting for people to finish their 5th time playing a game/testing their car.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Read the description of the pre and post shows. Is it just me or does it seem like lines are going to be extremely long because of people designing cars. If it takes min. 5 minutes to design a car per person, just seem crazy. Am I missing something? Also all the post show stuff seems like it will be a very cramped pavilion with wait times to experience everything taking forever. Interesting concepts, sounds exciting, but I fear a lot of standing around waiting for people to finish their 5th time playing a game/testing their car.

Keep in mind in the past there was a pre show video. I would guess that is replaced by the car design, resulting in similar lines. Perhaps the queue might be more interesting though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Read the description of the pre and post shows. Is it just me or does it seem like lines are going to be extremely long because of people designing cars. If it takes min. 5 minutes to design a car per person, just seem crazy. Am I missing something?

It's just a hold cycle.. as long as the # of people in hold is high.. it's a non-issue. Where it would be a problem is if the design process is slower than what the ride's capacity is. The design portion is part of the attraction - much like the stretching room in the HM is.

9 minutes for 68 stations, 6 people per car means approximately 80 seconds per car. Or at 5 minutes, 45sec per car. That sounds like too low of capacity to feed the ride part of the attraction. They must be counting on multiple people per station to be able to keep the attraction full.

Alektronic

It's just a hold cycle.. as long as the # of people in hold is high.. it's a non-issue. Where it would be a problem is if the design process is slower than what the ride's capacity is. The design portion is part of the attraction - much like the stretching room in the HM is.

9 minutes for 68 stations, 6 people per car means approximately 80 seconds per car. Or at 5 minutes, 45sec per car. That sounds like too low of capacity to feed the ride part of the attraction. They must be counting on multiple people per station to be able to keep the attraction full.

That is only standby you have to figure in fast pass also

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom