Test Track refurb???

t3techcom18

I DID say that I thought you all would be pleasantly surprised...

Glad to see it being well-reviewed so far. The hype isn't exaggerating the note at all - it's the truth. They finally got it right the third time.

Imagination rehab = MAJOR failure
SSE rehab = Half failure (or complete failure/complete success, depending on your views)
TT rehab = Complete and utter success.

That, and as I've hinted to (and now I can say since the twitter posts said it), there's a much larger connection to World of Motion here than many realize; some more literal than others, some more substantial than others.

This really is TT: The Next Generation and sets a new bar and a bold foundation for Epcot's future.

OH - and for those doubters about Melissa Jeselnick, saying she was a plant and that she wasn't real or didn't work for WDI - she was onsite today, with WDI/WDW badge in tow. Just saying...

JWG

Sounds like we'll have to fight our way on with the masses when we get there in just over a week. Glad to hear positive reviews on something for once. May have to watch a WoM tribute video to prepare. I wonder where I can find one... :D

HMF

Just saw some reviews on twitter. I don't know these people but I think they may work as CM.

image.jpg

Either way it's encouraging to hear some positive reviews.

EDIT: here is a pretty insightful bunch of tweets by someone who rode the ride today. (The user seems to be answering questions when asked on twitter so if you want more go try and ask)

Note: read from the bottom up.

image-1.jpg

EDIT 2: I found another CM review...

"It’s so futuristic and the technology is cunning. The queue is absolutely phenomenal and the types of cars you can design is beyond explanation.
This is what Epcot is, the future of technology and how far we can push the limits of our knowledge and science.
I hope you can wait the expected 4 hour wait time when it opens because if not, you won’t be able to design your own car in single rider."

(Source: http://intellectual-disney.tumblr.com/post/36246990742/test-track-is-everything-epcot-should-be)

There are also many reports of added show scenes.... Still no info on what exactly but it is being noted as a nice change from the first version as these scenes fill previously empty space.
WOW, If these reports are accurate we may finally have a refurbishment in Epcot that is actually an improvement. something unheard of over the last decade.

HMF

Glad to see it being well-reviewed so far. The hype isn't exaggerating the note at all - it's the truth. They finally got it right the third time.

SSE rehab = Half failure (or complete failure/complete success, depending on your views)

That, and as I've hinted to (and now I can say since the twitter posts said it), there's a much larger connection to World of Motion here than many realize; some more literal than others, some more substantial than others.

This really is TT: The Next Generation and sets a new bar and a bold foundation for Epcot's future.

OH - and for those doubters about Melissa Jeselnick, saying she was a plant and that she wasn't real or didn't work for WDI - she was onsite today, with WDI/WDW badge in tow. Just saying...
As far as Jeselnick is concerned I can't really comment since I did not get much from the Parks Blog interview but we do know that the vision and the understanding seems to emanate from Trevor Bryant. Having worked on the original Epcot Center in 82 I definitely think he has a feel for what the park is. We will hopefully be asking ourselves after it re-opens where was this Imagineering team when Spaceship Earth was refurbed.

Epcot '92

YAY! Twitter followers! Thats me Niko! @Knightofwells

First CM Previews were today:

Its set up more like World of Motion, getting more into the "edutainment" Epcot vision.

They were cycling cars closer than what I remember...

Its very clean and sleek! The ABS test is ALOT better, so are the hairpins.

Its not "Dumbed down". This takes a higher approach to Theme, and discovering new Ideas.

Not every effect was working, but hey, what was working, was better than the "Bill McKim" days!

Tron, Tron, Tron...

No hidden mickeys... yet. But a Solid "Cars" reference. And of Course World of Motion logos.

I had a blast designing my own car! So many options! You can create almost any car/truck you can think of!

Overall: This is a great addition to Future World. And to WDW in general! This + New Fantasyland =Bright futures!

Ill be tweeting updates from the Dec. 6th grand opening! So follow me @Knightofwells! Or follow #NewTT

EDIT: I would not say this is Test Track 2.0, But World Of Motion in its finest form. End of Line

HMF

I would think calling SSE a partial failure is fair. There were definitely some much appreciated cosmetic improvements but the spirit and the wonder was sucked out. The 94 descent really made you appreciate the scope of everything The tiny model of Spaceship Earth really gave you a sense of perspective of the world and your place in it.

articos

Melissa's been with WDI-FL since 2004. She started as an intern. Currently, she's one of the project managers. TT is a good project for her skill-set - she's a mechanical engineer by training, and quite good. Very much NOT a plant.

articos

As far as Jeselnick is concerned I can't really comment since I did not get much from the Parks Blog interview but we do know that the vision and the understanding seems to emanate from Trevor Bryant. Having worked on the original Epcot Center in 82 I definitely think he has a feel for what the park is. We will hopefully be asking ourselves after it re-opens where was this Imagineering team when Spaceship Earth was refurbed.
Trevor's key in keeping the creative direction focused and translating between the engineering/technical side and the show side. Again, he is perfectly suited for this type of attraction, for multiple reasons. Trevor started the R&D side of WDI before leaving the company a while back, but it is his love/knowledge of WoM that is showing through. In his case, he was at Sony when SSE was being redeveloped. ;) One note though, these attractions are the sum of a huge amount of people. It definitely helps when you have a leader who is old-school and knowledgeable on the park and isn't shy about fighting to get things done, but we shouldn't look to single out specific people who are out front. These things take a village.

The Empress Lilly

I would not say this is Test Track 2.0, But World Of Motion in its finest form. End of Line
Now that's one bold claim to make! ;)

I can see the final stages of WoM, the Centrecore, speedrooms, postshows. But the first part of WoM, the history bit, not so much. Not even in spirit.
TT is about car design, WoM is more encompassing. About one of the driving forces with which we shape and try to master, together with energy and communication.

I would accept TT 2.0 as 'the proper way to move EPCOT forward', assuming the thing lives up to expectations. It is looking great so far! Save for the tarp, the continued existence of which is not feeling less, but more silly and deplorable now that the rest of TT is looking so good.

t3techcom18

Melissa's been with WDI-FL since 2004. She started as an intern. Currently, she's one of the project managers. TT is a good project for her skill-set - she's a mechanical engineer by training, and quite good. Very much NOT a plant.
No worries. I just said that comment for the fact that I remember that, after the Parks Blog chats, everyone kept wondering if she was real or not and decided to almost do an investigation on her (really creepy IMHO). Just wanted to prove the naysayers wrong in that regard.
Trevor's key in keeping the creative direction focused and translating between the engineering/technical side and the show side. Again, he is perfectly suited for this type of attraction, for multiple reasons. Trevor started the R&D side of WDI before leaving the company a while back, but it is his love/knowledge of WoM that is showing through. In his case, he was at Sony when SSE was being redeveloped. ;) One note though, these attractions are the sum of a huge amount of people. It definitely helps when you have a leader who is old-school and knowledgeable on the park and isn't shy about fighting to get things done, but we shouldn't look to single out specific people who are out front. These things take a village.
I wholeheartedly agree. The WDI team involved with this has done an amazing job and they are still working their a$$ off to get everything done and finished on time. Bryant has been on-site everyday and has been a great help, even taking time to talk to the front-line CM's. He's an all-around great guy and almost definitely the cause for the tons of homages to WoM everywhere. One of his first projects with WDI was a scenic designer for Horizons. That says a LOT.

As for the Hidden Mickeys...there are two (that we know of so far) :)

Epcot '92

What makes you say it is World of Motion more than TT 2? WOM was an omni-mover full of AAs, TT is not.

I understand that. But, this is not the same Test Track from 97/98. It seems like they were building on the future Ideas from World Of Motion, instead of "Hey! Lets make you a crash Test dummie"

Now, granted, I never went on World Of Motion. But All of the Tributes, and videos out there on the pavillion, helps recreate the scene. And wasnt the Original World of Motion supposed to have an Outdoor section and the big awning out front?

In my honest opinion, This ride feels new, but stays true to the Original Epcot Vision. Better than what World of Motion, did. Better than 97/98 Test Track. Together as one as Test Track: Desiging the futures World Of Motion.

Im also an Optimist. Im also glad the Blocks are gone and the Heat/Cold tunnels.

Now if only we could bring back Dreamfinder...

Clamman73

Now, granted, I never went on World Of Motion. But All of the Tributes, and videos out there on the pavillion, helps recreate the scene. And wasnt the Original World of Motion supposed to have an Outdoor section and the big awning out front?

I don't know, but it was nice having that initial part of the ride making that up and around turn outdoors. Used to like taking in Future World in that part since it was kinda slow moving...

I still miss parts of that ride like the train hold-up scene, the guy twirling a triangle thinking it would roll and cop behind billboard...

However, TT 2.0 so far looks like it has the Epcot Center feel and I'm looking forward getting back to the World to check it out.

Clamman73

i'm new to this topic, and the only thing i'd like to know is.... do we have an opening date?

The definite opening looks to be Dec. 6th. Currently it seems there are CMs allowed on once in a while since they are tweaking effects and doing some other finishing touches. Since Dec 6th is a Thursday, I would imagine them doing some soft opening that week (or before) to get a volume of people running through before they officially open it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom