Test Track refurb???

motox7

Not being a troll....but what is this thing? A blue blob? I don't get it??
I think its supposed to represent the early shape design of a car. Look at it carefully and you can kinda make out the shape of a futuristic car.I agree its not the best thing they could have put there but w/e as long as the ride is good I could care less! lol

Alektronic

Here’s a basic walkthrough of the pre-show at Test Track:

The Fastpass/Single Rider line enters on the left and basically walks by a silver concept car (pretty cool looking though) and then by a glass window which overlooks the design studios and then you get to pick from 7 pre-determined designs to use on your RFID card.

The Standby entrance is on the right hand side and that concept car is on the left and there like a exploded view of concept vehicle showing the different parts and components and then there some videos you can watch about the design process, then there is a video with a blank white car with projections on it talking about wind resistance and flow, etc. Then you come to 4 large touchscreen monitors (probably like 84”) and it is so you can practice drawing lines and get used to the design process while you wait.

That’s when you come to the first set of auto doors and greeted by a CM, they are going to stage you for the next room, they hand out the RFID cards to everyone. There 2 design studios each has 34 design stations. So they line you up on a number in pre briefing room and show a video about how to use to the design computer. If you don’t want to design a vehicle, they will allow up to 3 people on each design station, but there will be only one design and all 3 people will have the same design. There are 3 time limits on the design studio depending on how busy it is. You either have 9, 7, or 5 minutes to design it and when you are done you swipe your RFID card to save your design.
Then when you go to the load station , they have 6 RFID sensors depending on where you are sitting and you touch your card to the sensor and ties your design to that car.

Alektronic

Here’s a basic walkthrough of the post-show at Test Track:

They really changed the shape of the post-show it is almost like a maze leading you to one room to another when you get to the final room then it is wide open and you can roam around.

After you exit the ride, you pass the on ride photo area, then you go to huge screen that says “Know your Score” then you tap your card to the sensor and it displays your score in each area Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness, and Power and you can compare your scores against other people.

Don’t lose your card, everything in the post- show is tied to your card, then you come into a room, which to me looks like the flight deck on Star Trek, A big round room with lots of neon with computers all around the edges, it where you can design your Chevy commercial using your own design. Again you touch your card to sensor and it adds your design to that computer and ou can do all kind of effects and add music, etc.

Then you come to some racing games, there is 3 of them probably 10 players each and they have a steering wheel and a gear shift. You swipe your card and it adds your design to the game and it actually projects your design on the playing surface, I didn’t play it, but those who did said it was really fun .

Now you are out in the open where all the actual car models are, they are out in the middle and then are scenes where you can take your photo with a Chevy vehicle in different locations. These are actual sets like you in a futuristic city or on a different planet or on a tropical island, they were still working on a lot of it when I was there. Then there is some merchandise before you exit but it wasn’t it place yet.

dreamscometrue

They really changed the shape of the post-show it is almost like a maze leading you to one room to another when you get to the final room then it is wide open and you can roam around.

After you exit the ride, you pass the on ride photo area, then you go to huge screen that says “Know your Score” then you tap your card to the sensor and it displays your score in each area Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness, and Power and you can compare your scores against other people.

Don’t lose your card, everything in the post- show is tied to your card, then you come into a room, which to me looks like the flight deck on Star Trek, A big round room with lots of neon with computers all around the edges, it where you can design your Chevy commercial using your own design. Again you touch your card to sensor and it adds your design to that computer and ou can do all kind of effects and add music, etc.

Then you come to some racing games, there is 3 of them probably 10 players each and they have a steering wheel and a gear shift. You swipe your card and it adds your design to the game and it actually projects your design on the playing surface, I didn’t play it, but those who did said it was really fun .

Now you are out in the open where all the actual car models are, they are out in the middle and then are scenes where you can take your photo with a Chevy vehicle in different locations. These are actual sets like you in a futuristic city or on a different planet or on a tropical island, they were still working on a lot of it when I was there. Then there is some merchandise before you exit but it wasn’t it place yet.

Thanks a lot for this post, and your earlier 'pre show' one. I always enjoyed TT in its former incarnation, but this sounds like it'll be really cool all 'round (pre, during and post). Can't wait to experience it next month. :)

jdmdisney99

From the sounds of it, it feels like whole thing is a successful attempt of making Test Track (presented by Chevrolet) more futuristic. The original Test Track (brought to you by GM) was really fun, but it wasn't really futuristic at all, even when it first opened. Thanks to @Alektronic for the walkthroughs. It seems more sleek and interactive...a model perfect for the future.

MickeyPeace

Thanks for this.
I'm curious. Part of new TT experience is supposed to be riding in the car that you design. I assumed this was the actual physical car that you ride in. Are you saying that this is in the post show where you swipe your card and it adds your design to the game?

WDWFREAK53

Thanks for this.
I'm curious. Part of new TT experience is supposed to be riding in the car that you design. I assumed this was the actual physical car that you ride in. Are you saying that this is in the post show where you swipe your card and it adds your design to the game?

It sounds as if you are riding in the "optimal" car...and your design gets compared to the one you're riding in.

MickeyPeace

Did you find any photos? I didn't... all I could find is that a pr0n star is at EPCOT today :)
http://t.co/qs1TEe2w

I don't know who this person is but if she is what you say then I'm sure this is not the first time she's had a huge ball in her hands. Ba da bum.

Now someone go get some sanitizer for Space Ship Earth. Hey ohhhhh.

Exactly how many man made globes are there in this pic? Exits stage left..

muteki

Thanks for all the impressions, sounds really neat. Any of the ride portions yet, or has that yet to be previewed?

Just from the sounds of it, it is apparent that quite a bit of $texas went into the SW design/development of the pre- and post-show components. I really wonder what the budget split is between the intangibles and the actual ride, and if this is a trend we can expect to see on future attractions (for better or worse).

Alektronic

Thanks for this.

Once you design your car, it follows you around the post show, you can design a commercial with your car, play a game with your car and it actually looks like your design while racing. I'm sure there is probably somewhere where you can take a photo with your designed car with green screen.

articos

Thanks for all the impressions, sounds really neat. Any of the ride portions yet, or has that yet to be previewed?

Just from the sounds of it, it is apparent that quite a bit of $texas went into the SW design/development of the pre- and post-show components. I really wonder what the budget split is between the intangibles and the actual ride, and if this is a trend we can expect to see on future attractions (for better or worse).
Since the ride system itself is purposefully unchanged and a majority of the on-ride changes are projection-based as opposed to physical show-scenes or a new ride system, it's not a fair comparison to previous attraction updates or to say whether this is a trend yet. The decision was made early in the process to continue using the existing ride system for budget and schedule purposes. The spend on software and video/CG production for this was definitely more than would be normal for other attractions. If a comparison in scope, this is much more than an overlay, and less than an entirely new attraction, which affects budget on both counts. This update is a (more) cost-effective and schedule-friendly way to get a lot of bang for the buck, and I think will be very successful in appearing fresh and new, and will be a draw (on top of the fact the attraction ride system is already a draw). What remains to be seen is how the audience takes to the ride itself as a new attraction. If the new direction succeeds in having guests get off feeling like it's entirely new and worth the time, that's the goal. But if the pre/post show overshadow the main attraction or the main attraction doesn't feel "up to" the pre/post shows, that's not good. Have to take into account the whole of the attraction, when talking about how and where the budget is spent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom