Test Track refurb???

WDWFREAK53

The main reason that GM is featuring the Chevy brand with Test Track goes along with their other current marketing efforts, as they believe that it should be the focus for mass quantity of sales of vehicles within the United States for GM. I can't remember offhand where I read the article many months ago, but it basically pointed out that Cadillac and Buick are essentially their boutique brands, albeit they now have very nice margins in the United States, and GMC is geared towards the business community. The GM name for all practical purposes with their vehicles (remember when they started to put GM badges on all their cars about 7, 8 years ago?) is all but dead.

Their long-term goal is to have seas of Chevrolets out there known as dependable, quality vehicles akin to Honda and Toyota. As a side-note, my wife and I attempted this in late 2009 with a nice vehicle of theirs and by this March, we traded it in, as the problems that the vehicle had were absolutely unacceptable. Significant, major issues. So, I can't vouch well for their "new quality."

GM is tremendously successful with Buick in China and the resurgence of Buick in the U.S. is icing on the cake for them. For the domestic U.S. market, it's all about Chevy and will remain so.

I hope that helps!

Yes, Buick is HUGE in China and the reason it survived the cuts. R.I.P Pontiac.
It also is amazing how much of a turnaround Buick has had as of late in the US though.

I've owned a Nissan, Infiniti, VW, Toyota, Mercury, Buick, Jeep, and Chevy...the only brand I've purchased again was Chevy. I'm onto my 4th.

(Beretta, Silverado, Avalanche, and now Camaro). I never had a problem with any of them. Wish I could say the same for the VW (worst car I've ever had), Toyota (minor issues constantly but nothing major), Nissan (just problems over and over with the stock stereo system), Jeep (rust issues basically a month after I bought it), and Mercury (alternator issues over and over again).

All car makes and models have issues. None of them are perfect and it mostly comes down to luck and playing the odds. Pick a brand that has a high reliability rating and hope that you're not an unlucky one.

Any pictures of the car "blob?" out front?

Also, I've heard that cars are being moved into the post-show area...any idea of models?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It also is amazing how much of a turnaround Buick has had as of late in the US though.

I've owned a Nissan, Infiniti, VW, Toyota, Mercury, Buick, Jeep, and Chevy...the only brand I've purchased again was Chevy. I'm onto my 4th.

(Beretta, Silverado, Avalanche, and now Camaro). I never had a problem with any of them. Wish I could say the same for the VW (worst car I've ever had), Toyota (minor issues constantly but nothing major), Nissan (just problems over and over with the stock stereo system), Jeep (rust issues basically a month after I bought it), and Mercury (alternator issues over and over again).

All car makes and models have issues. None of them are perfect and it mostly comes down to luck and playing the odds. Pick a brand that has a high reliability rating and hope that you're not an unlucky one.

Also, I've heard that cars are being moved into the post-show area...any idea of models?
Ahhh, VW. As temperamental as a BMW without that bothersome luxury.:D

alphac2005

I had an Acura that was awful, but the Chevrolet in question was a 2009 Traverse. Loaded up with all the bells and whistles and this bad boy was just that, bad. Bum timing chains, leaking rack and pinion, defective electronics, seat components, etc. I was truly disappointed. Funny as it may seem, Saturn had quite a bad rap on it, but one of the most reliable cars we've ever owned was a Saturn. Not a mechanical issue to ever be had with it over eight years. We have a Toyota that has been outstanding and a Ford that has some annoyances, but nothing of importance substance.... I wouldn't complain about a new Camaro, however. :)

phi2134

There was a post a little back saying that the futuristic car show sign was installed already...can this be confirmed or has anyone seen any pics?

anonymous

Bit of an update. No soft open tomorrow. Thursday only cast members will be allowed to ride. No word on a soft open for guests. You'll know when I do.

EDIT: Sorry for the bad info leading up to this. Am only posting what I have heard/been told.

JEANYLASER

thanks for the pict of the new test track! I wanted to know is the Fastpass and Singlerider in the new test track will be in the same entrance?::confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom