Test Track refurb???

Lee

Adventurer
say "what" AGAIN!
I wouldn't...

Say-What-Again-I-Dare-You.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Isn't GMC an acronym for General Motors Corporation, though?

Yes - but it's still a distinct brand and division within the company, not just a label for 'GM' cars. They don't label any of their cars GM, but exclusively by their brands.. Chevy, Buick, GMC, Caddiliac, etc. You advertise what you sell and that's effectively what this sponsorship has been changed to.. advertising Chevy - which is GM's highest volume brand in the US.

phi2134

Considering that GM is the sponsor of this pavilion... the brands are on topic.
Yes, we know Chevy is the sponsor, but why is it important if they sell "GM" brand trucks and cars. It's like saying Germany is a sponsor of world showcase and then talking about what kind of glockenspiels they export.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, we know Chevy is the sponsor, but why is it important if they sell "GM" brand trucks and cars. It's like saying Germany is a sponsor of world showcase and then talking about what kind of glockenspiels they export.
In reality GM is the sponsor...not Chevrolet. They just happen to be pushing Chevrolet at the pavilion.

Donald96

Is there any chance of soft openings on Friday? Hopefully if they're moving cars into the post-show already that means they're close! :)

alphac2005

Likely because
A. The Chevrolet brand is not going anywhere and B. The GM name can be toxic especially in certain parts of Michigan.

The main reason that GM is featuring the Chevy brand with Test Track goes along with their other current marketing efforts, as they believe that it should be the focus for mass quantity of sales of vehicles within the United States for GM. I can't remember offhand where I read the article many months ago, but it basically pointed out that Cadillac and Buick are essentially their boutique brands, albeit they now have very nice margins in the United States, and GMC is geared towards the business community. The GM name for all practical purposes with their vehicles (remember when they started to put GM badges on all their cars about 7, 8 years ago?) is all but dead.

Their long-term goal is to have seas of Chevrolets out there known as dependable, quality vehicles akin to Honda and Toyota. As a side-note, my wife and I attempted this in late 2009 with a nice vehicle of theirs and by this March, we traded it in, as the problems that the vehicle had were absolutely unacceptable. Significant, major issues. So, I can't vouch well for their "new quality."

GM is tremendously successful with Buick in China and the resurgence of Buick in the U.S. is icing on the cake for them. For the domestic U.S. market, it's all about Chevy and will remain so.

I hope that helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom