Test Track refurb???

novawildcat18

Really? I always felt that Test Track was a little dated since the mid 2000's, especially the briefing video.
Test Track has always been my favorite ride at WDW. Well, Test Track and Dinosaur (don't hurt me!). The only thing I thought could be improved about Test Track was the briefing video which was visibly dated. Otherwise, I didn't and still don't see the need to re-theme it when there are other areas/lands in more desperate condition. That being said, I'm not complaining, I'm still happy they're making improvements.

djlaosc

Test Track has always been my favorite ride at WDW. Well, Test Track and Dinosaur (don't hurt me!). The only thing I thought could be improved about Test Track was the briefing video which was visibly dated. Otherwise, I didn't and still don't see the need to re-theme it when there are other areas/lands in more desperate condition. That being said, I'm not complaining, I'm still happy they're making improvements.

I have to agree with you - Test Track and Dinosaur are two of my family's favourite rides at WDW (I can stand and watch both of the briefing video's and say the words along with them, and "We're not gonna make it! We're not gonna make it! regularly gets quoted around the house). I would have rather kept the old Test Track and had improvements elsewhere as well, but unfortunately it seems to be the sponsor paying for the refurb, not Disney, so that wasn't going to happen.)

Marc Gil

I have to agree with you - Test Track and Dinosaur are two of my family's favourite rides at WDW (I can stand and watch both of the briefing video's and say the words along with them, and "We're not gonna make it! We're not gonna make it! regularly gets quoted around the house). I would have rather kept the old Test Track and had improvements elsewhere as well, but unfortunately it seems to be the sponsor paying for the refurb, not Disney, so that wasn't going to happen.)
Dr. Seeker: "What could go wrong?"
Me: "EVERYTHING!!!"

The Empress Lilly

I understand your frustration. However, these sorts of points are always made about just the negative comments, when the positive comments are no better informed. Really, though, if we're going to have message threads about attractions in pre-opened states--and we are--what else can we do but offer our semi-informed opinions? And let's be truthful--Disney releases concept art because they think it looks good. hey hope we will judge a book by its cover, and plan trips to the parks on that basis. If some of us think the cover looks bad in this case, that's as legitimate a reaction as anything. (Personally I think it looks pretty good, excepting the decision to keep the canopy).
Yay, somebody gets it! :)

Marc Gil

Why did they even build the canopy? Shade? My brother told me it was temporary, but they decided to keep it instead. I don't know if this is true or not.

anonymous

Yes, they are doing test runs in the wee hours of the morning. However, I am getting word from a former Test Track CM who still has close internal ties to TT that things are not going very well. Word is that they had a very serious computer systems crash. This crash has locked 16 of the 32 cars in a storage area and they are not able to get them out. Also, the 16 cars that are being cycled are breaking down at an unexpected rate. They believe the failures are due to the fact that the cars haven't been run since April. Because of these problems the CM's are not able to get training in the new operation. As a result, the word is that the expected soft opening of November 21st in not going to happen and even the scheduled announced Grand Opening on December 6th is in jeopardy. Any comments from current insiders? Or are you not allowed to leak this info if true?

Your "former Test Track CM who still has close internal ties to TT" is so far off base he's in a different ball park. Everything is going according to schedule. Ride will be turned over to OPS on the 21st.

Tom

Beta Return
Well, if they have any soft openings while we're there, and we hear about it (I'll check here often), we'll report in. We'll be there Nov 24 - Dec 1.

nepalostparks

Cars were running on the track this evening around 8 p.m. and after IllumiNations as we were heading out.

... Because of these problems the CM's are not able to get training in the new operation....

I can't speak for all the points you made, but at least some cast members have been receiving training on ride ops. A veteran cast member I spoke to this weekend said he has been trained in the ride operation, and I would assume he wasn't the only one. He also said that he hasn't yet received training on the design aspect of the attraction, but starting this coming Saturday his schedule has him coming in at 6:30 a.m., and he hasn't been told why.

He also mentioned December 6th is the anticipated opening date, but it is only expected to be open to the public until 3 p.m., as at that point it will close for a media event. I asked about previews, and he said he wasn't sure, but hadn't heard anything official either way.

disneylover4

It says on the WDW website that it will open Dec. 5th. Im going to be there from Dec 1-Dec4 so hopefully they will have a soft opening during that time!!!

Cars were running on the track this evening around 8 p.m. and after IllumiNations as we were heading out.

I can't speak for all the points you made, but at least some cast members have been receiving training on ride ops. A veteran cast member I spoke to this weekend said he has been trained in the ride operation, and I would assume he wasn't the only one. He also said that he hasn't yet received training on the design aspect of the attraction, but starting this coming Saturday his schedule has him coming in at 6:30 a.m., and he hasn't been told why.

He also mentioned December 6th is the anticipated opening date, but it is only expected to be open to the public until 3 p.m., as at that point it will close for a media event. I asked about previews, and he said he wasn't sure, but hadn't heard anything official either way.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It says on the WDW website that it will open Dec. 5th. Im going to be there from Dec 1-Dec4 so hopefully they will have a soft opening during that time!!!
Last thing to do is believe the official site I'm afraid.

People who are trustworthy here will have better info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom