Test Track refurb???

t3techcom18

Yes, they are doing test runs in the wee hours of the morning. However, I am getting word from a former Test Track CM who still has close internal ties to TT that things are not going very well. Word is that they had a very serious computer systems crash. This crash has locked 16 of the 32 cars in a storage area and they are not able to get them out. Also, the 16 cars that are being cycled are breaking down at an unexpected rate. They believe the failures are due to the fact that the cars haven't been run since April. Because of these problems the CM's are not able to get training in the new operation. As a result, the word is that the expected soft opening of November 21st in not going to happen and even the scheduled announced Grand Opening on December 6th is in jeopardy. Any comments from current insiders? Or are you not allowed to leak this info if true?

Not. true. at. all.

WDWFREAK53

So I take it there will be some sort of "retail experience" where boys can buy little die-cast models of the cars they created/rode in the attraction?

TT-Design-2-640x360.jpg
My biggest issue with this picture is...

If the car is going to look like that...I would hope the power and responsiveness would be a lot higher!

djlaosc

amazing they give you 7 mins 45 secs in the design process. that's a decent chunk of time

First question - will it be more than 7m45s, but that's just what's on the image provided (10mins?)
Second question - the wait time outside of the attraction - will that be the time to get on the ride itself, or the time that it will take to get to the Design Center? It's going to be annoying if you're queueing for 60mins+ only to have to spend another 10mins designing a car which seems likely to make no difference (apart from potentially visually on some screens, and in the post-show) whatsoever to the experience!

Just shown this to the family, and it seems to be a collective case of "who cares"! It seems like a glorified interactive queue (next-gen next-gen Haunted Mansion/Pooh queue?) - it's possible that this could become a fastpass only attraction for us, as that is rumoured to skip all of this!

EOD K9

Wait a minute! I just realized, how is the single rider going to work?

As my French friends say, C'est La Vie. Or maybe you do get the design phase. Hate to say it, either way, the ride and track won't change. Outside of the viuals, the physical sensations are not going to change. Can anyone chime in?

Slowjack

The point I was making is that some of you are ripping it into pieces, declaring that it's a failure when you're only looking at it through concept art.

Would you buy a house just because of how it looks in pictures or is described to be without seeing it for yourself? Judge a book by it's cover? Judge someone because of how they act? THAT is the point I was trying to make.
I understand your frustration. However, these sorts of points are always made about just the negative comments, when the positive comments are no better informed. Really, though, if we're going to have message threads about attractions in pre-opened states--and we are--what else can we do but offer our semi-informed opinions? And let's be truthful--Disney releases concept art because they think it looks good. hey hope we will judge a book by its cover, and plan trips to the parks on that basis. If some of us think the cover looks bad in this case, that's as legitimate a reaction as anything. (Personally I think it looks pretty good, excepting the decision to keep the canopy).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As my French friends say, C'est La Vie. Or maybe you do get the design phase. Hate to say it, either way, the ride and track won't change. Outside of the viuals, the physical sensations are not going to change. Can anyone chime in?
Yep the physical ride profile will always be the same. The design element and results are screen based

Mr Bill

From what I recall, single riders went through the entire preshow process at Test Track before the refurb, I'm assuming that's where the car design step is going to be now, and single riders will still be included. I see no reason why they wouldn't.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I recall, single riders went through the entire preshow process at Test Track before the refurb, I'm assuming that's where the car design step is going to be now, and single riders will still be included. I see no reason why they wouldn't.

The single rider line did not go through the briefing room portion of the queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom