Test Track refurb???

janoimagine

For being staged, you'd think someone would look somewhat happy.
The well placed preplanned board in the staged PR photo?
:D
Thats because they didn't know their were going to be photographers in their that morning ... and it honestly was not a staged shot, and believe me the designers were not happy people had cameras in that room, they are a very secretive breed, and GM (and every car manufacturer) pays a lot of money for global security and future product security ... it's the same room where they do design reviews for future product's ... The amount of security involved with getting a photo pass for that level, let alone walking around with a camera, in that area of the design center is like trying to get a press pass for the white house.

When initial photography was done for the Camaro re-design, it was under 24 hour armed guard, was brought in to the studio at night under full cover, and all assetts from the cameras were directly transmitted to secure GM servers, you couldn't even record to CF cards or Hard Drives.

Trust me. ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Thats because they didn't know their were going to be photographers in their that morning ... and it honestly was not a staged shot, and believe me the designers were not happy people had cameras in that room, they are a very secretive breed, and GM (and every car manufacturer) pays a lot of money for global security and future product security ... it's the same room where they do design reviews for future product's ... The amount of security involved with getting a photo pass for that level, let alone walking around with a camera, in that area of the design center is like trying to get a press pass for the white house.

When initial photography was done for the Camaro re-design, it was under 24 hour armed guard, was brought in to the studio at night under full cover, and all assetts from the cameras were directly transmitted to secure GM servers, you couldn't even record to CF cards or Hard Drives.

Trust me. ;)

Oh yeah, I recall when the 7 liter LS engine was discovered for the Corvette they hadn't introduced (Z06?) and some rumors that GM execs went to some kid's house who leaked pics of it...crazy

Admiral Boom

Trust me. ;)
I was in that room a couple weeks ago,it is in the basement at design center and the men in the photo are looking at a cardboard model of the finished attraction. They certainly were not expecting to be photographed!!!

cupanudles

I was in that room a couple weeks ago,it is in the basement at design center and the men in the photo are looking at a cardboard model of the finished attraction. They certainly were not expecting to be photographed!!!
None of this makes sense to me honestly. Taking photos of people who were not made aware and/or seemingly comfortable with being photographed and then plastering it on an official blog. I just don't get it. Does the blog not look at the very photographs they publish?

flynnibus

Premium Member
None of this makes sense to me honestly. Taking photos of people who were not made aware and/or seemingly comfortable with being photographed and then plastering it on an official blog. I just don't get it. Does the blog not look at the very photographs they publish?

It's called 'candid' shots... why are will having to spell this out?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are you talking about this one?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/test-track/gallery/09nov2012-test-track-concept-art/17481.htm

It wasn't posted on the Disney Parks Blog was it. And it is a candid shot - which would have been shot with permission.

PeterMarcus

My wife ran the Wine and Dine half-marathon this last weekend, and in the after-party at Epcot, we were walking by Test Track and heard one of the cars whooshing by the high speed part. We were surprised and stopped in mid-conversation -- did we really hear that? Then another whooshed by.

I don't know if they're doing test runs already, but we were really surprised because this was, like, 2:30 am.

Polyman

Yes, they are doing test runs in the wee hours of the morning. However, I am getting word from a former Test Track CM who still has close internal ties to TT that things are not going very well. Word is that they had a very serious computer systems crash. This crash has locked 16 of the 32 cars in a storage area and they are not able to get them out. Also, the 16 cars that are being cycled are breaking down at an unexpected rate. They believe the failures are due to the fact that the cars haven't been run since April. Because of these problems the CM's are not able to get training in the new operation. As a result, the word is that the expected soft opening of November 21st in not going to happen and even the scheduled announced Grand Opening on December 6th is in jeopardy. Any comments from current insiders? Or are you not allowed to leak this info if true?

Bairstow

Disney posted a press release of their own with an additional piece of concept art:
http://wdwnews.com/releases/2012/11/09/test-track/

So I take it there will be some sort of "retail experience" where boys can buy little die-cast models of the cars they created/rode in the attraction?

TT-Design-2-640x360.jpg

phi2134

So I take it there will be some sort of "retail experience" where boys can buy little die-cast models of the cars they created/rode in the attraction?

TT-Design-2-640x360.jpg

That would be kind of cool if you could, lord knows they will be super expensive, but i still might have to get one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom