Test Track refurb???

FutureWorld1982

AWESOME! I'd always wished/hoped that BMW would sponsor it, it's a ton of publicity for the dollar.

Looks like I will be taking my last victory laps in December before it closes for the refurbishment!

Here are some pics I came across of the new body.

dsc04368ig.jpg

dsc04367tn.jpg

dsc04366gf.jpg

I really hope to see some brand-new cars in the future, instead of just old cars with a new exterior body.

Those would be my pictures, by the way...

Disney05

Just read this: Test Track will be down for an extensive renovation from Easter 2012 to September 2012. Estimated $60 million renovation.

djkidkaz

Just read this: Test Track will be down for an extensive renovation from Easter 2012 to September 2012. Estimated $60 million renovation.

Makes sense seeing as Dumbo and Goofini are set to reopen right before Easter. They don't want to have too many things down at once, even if they are in separate parks.

TinkerBell9988

Agreed, so wheres all this talk coming from about it being a blend of test track modern yet world of motion style elements??

I have the same question... Can someone give any insight? I've already heard about the Next Gen thing... I'm more interested in the name change rumor and the whole bit about having some WoM style elements in the attractions.

This is making me excited about EPCOT again. :)

misterID

*officially giddy as a schoolgirl*

I have the same question... Can someone give any insight? I've already heard about the Next Gen thing... I'm more interested in the name change rumor and the whole bit about having some WoM style elements in the attractions.

This is making me excited about EPCOT again. :)

One of our own posters here has an inside source at GM. Just look back in this very thread.

Jeff456

Is a soft opening likely (I understand it is almost a year away!)? I am there until the 1st of September and TT is one of my favourite rides!

WDW1974

I hope they do a better job with these new/redone vehicles than the Chevy Impala I recently rented. 18 MPG??!! really in 2011?

Guess bankrupcy didn't teach GM very much.

TestTrack

I hope they do a better job with these new/redone vehicles than the Chevy Impala I recently rented. 18 MPG??!! really in 2011?

Can you show me many mid/large sedan's with a V6 engine that do much better? I see the Honda Accord gets 20...whoop dee doo. Plus the Impala engine is more powerful. Not everyone wants a 4 cylinder engine, especially in a larger vehicle.

Chef Mickey

It's on par with anything Honda makes in the same power range. Don't be silly...

Get your foot out of the accelerator to save fuel. Driving habits matter much more than what you drive.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

As to the first paragraph, I agree that 18 in the city is pretty poor. That said, the highest estimated MPG in the city for a 6 cyl family sedan is the Camry at 21. Accord is 20. On the highway, the Camry, Accord at Impala are all at 30. So the difference, while substantive, isn't much. The issue is the 6 cylinder engine, which provides good power, but poor mileage. Next time, rent a 4 cylinder and you'll get better mileage -- won't be in Impala though, as there is no 4 cyl Impala.

As the second paragraph -- pithy, but unwarranted.

devoy1701

Can you show me many mid/large sedan's with a V6 engine that do much better? I see the Honda Accord gets 20...whoop dee doo. Plus the Impala engine is more powerful. Not everyone wants a 4 cylinder engine, especially in a larger vehicle.

My 2011 Edge gets 19-27 and it weighs almost twice as much as these full size sedans. It was a no brainer for me to go midsize crossover when I bought a new car...more space, same EPA rating... Everyone needs to step up their game on full-size cars. There's no way my SUV should be getting better mileage than an Impala.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My 2011 Edge gets 19-27 and it weighs almost twice as much as these full size sedans. It was a no brainer for me to go midsize crossover when I bought a new car...more space, same EPA rating... Everyone needs to step up their game on full-size cars. There's no way my SUV should be getting better mileage than an Impala.

It doesn't. Edge is 19 city, 27 highway. Impala is 18 city, 30 highway. Based on normal splits, the Impala will come out slightly ahead.

I agree with your point that everybody should step up their game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom