Test Track refurb???

aladdin2007

Well, that's a shame. Test Track already has one of the best queues.

What is NGE?

Really? its always been nothing but scrap metal and junk. Might of been okay when it first opened but time for something more asthetically pleasing. Of course it was part of theme, but it was never impressive.

WDWGoof07

Really? its always been nothing but scrap metal and junk. Might of been okay when it first opened but time for something more asthetically pleasing. Of course it was part of theme, but it was never impressive.
It's supposed to be an industrial testing facility, not the Sistine Chapel, but it's not ugly either. The queue has lots to look at and all kinds of bells and whistles.

FutureWorld1982

It is a bit strangethat Disney is not planning on changing the ride's name, especially since we'll have to rides in Central Florida that will share the same name (LEGOLAND Florida has a ride called "Test Track"). Even though that is far from being a major problem, it would be nice to have a new name, that would also reflect the importance of the overhaul (which seems to be pretty major).

Scuttle

I disagree, it has one of the most noisy, busy and aesthetically unpleasant queues in all of WDW in my opinion, however it does fit the current theme, I'll give it that.

When I was there last week the queue was very quiet and seemed like a lot of moving parts were broken. I havent checked the maintenance issue updates in a long time, but I thought it looked bad. We went through the fastpass line, so I didn't have a lot of time to observe, but I saw nothing working in the queue.

dave&di

That's the risk you take when you visit a location that is open year-round. Especially when you choose to take advantage of smaller crowds and visit during a period not considered to be 'peak-season'. If the parks were seasonal, then there would be no excuse.

Anyone with a shred of common sense would understand that a year-round operation requires things to go down every so often for routine maintenance.

Of course, many guests lack common sense. I can't even count on two hands how many people on a daily basis come through the Magic Kingdom Auto Plaza asking if this is "Disney World", the "Park with the Rides", and "How much do tickets cost?"

And surely anyone with "a shred of common sense" would understand that whatever the reason for a favourite attraction closure,someone who has saved for a vacation for 2 years at a cost of approx.$25000/$30000, would be slightly miffed at said closure

HMF

Test Track (as it will still be called) will be sponsored by Chevrolet. The entire queue will be gutted and redone as well as several items in the post show. The updated attraction will feature the NGE elements but the track layout will be the same. I have no time frame yet on closure, length of rehab or speculation of an opening.

This better not be a continuation of the mentality that turned the finale of Spaceship Earth into an E-surance commercial and turned the Haunted Mansion's Queue into a McDonald's playground.

KingdomofDreams

And surely anyone with "a shred of common sense" would understand that whatever the reason for a favourite attraction closure,someone who has saved for a vacation for 2 years at a cost of approx.$25000/$30000, would be slightly miffed at said closure

You spend 25000/30000 for your WDW vacation?! :eek:

I totally get being disappointed when you find one or more of your favorite attractions will be closed at the time of your visit, but the parks have to be properly maintained. If the attractions are to be kept in top condition, that means closing them on a regular basis. This is something that is necessary and unfortunately long overlooked at WDW. TDO just needs to develop a regular maintenance schedule and post the dates as far in advance as possible so people can plan accordingly.

dave&di

You spend 25000/30000 for your WDW vacation?! :eek:

I totally get being disappointed when you find one or more of your favorite attractions will be closed at the time of your visit, but the parks have to be properly maintained. If the attractions are to be kept in top condition, that means closing them on a regular basis. This is something that is necessary and unfortunately long overlooked at WDW. TDO just needs to develop a regular maintenance schedule and post the dates as far in advance as possible so people can plan accordingly.

That would be the approx total cost for our 24 night vacation,including stays at wdw,uni,and the gulf coast,air fares,park tickets,spending money etc,etc

janoimagine

And that... is that. The name change had me kind of excited. Still hoping for some new show elements.

Not that I am disagreeing with Raven, but my source who is close to GM is saying a name change is almost a must based on the new direction the story will be taking, and I do know there is a cult following within GM who like the idea of the return to the WOM nameplate. Although I hadnt heard it was a 100% done deal Chevy was going to be the only prescence, it is the right move given the Disney consumer. As long as the budget doesnt get cut (which it shouldnt because I know this has been approved by GM) you should still expect a complete overhaul of the attration, with only the ride path remaining the same. Next gen is a part of the update, but in the overall picture, it is going to be a small part of the total refurb.

misterID

Not that I am disagreeing with Raven, but my source who is close to GM is saying a name change is almost a must based on the new direction the story will be taking, and I do know there is a cult following within GM who like the idea of the return to the WOM nameplate. Although I hadnt heard it was a 100% done deal Chevy was going to be the only prescence, it is the right move given the Disney consumer. As long as the budget doesnt get cut (which it shouldnt because I know this has been approved by GM) you should still expect a complete overhaul of the attration, with only the ride path remaining the same. Next gen is a part of the update, but in the overall picture, it is going to be a small part of the total refurb.

:sohappy:

I'm crossing my fingers.

NoChesterHester

Thanks for the response. We will just have to wait and see.

aladdin2007

Sounds great, thanks for sharing, Lets hope they stick to this plan for the most part and not dwindle/water the budget or plans down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom