Test Track refurb???

WDWBryan

Probably tweaking things. Though I would think they would do that overnight.

I know yesterday it opened late and kept having problems until at least 4

t3techcom18

Probably tweaking things. Though I would think they would do that overnight.

I know yesterday it opened late and kept having problems until at least 4

Yesterday it opened late at around 10 and had a downtime around 2pm due to actual ride downtimes, not related to the design process. (To be fair, the ride has been running MUCH smoother than TT1 has. Yesterday was the first true blue downtime we've had with guests in the building that didn't revolve around a car acting weird and taking more time than its supposed to.)

Tomorrow's delayed opening is for fixing a lot of the issues with the design process. To further what you mentioned, yes, there is a team of programmers there almost 24/7 and the software is updated almost every night to fix the minor issues that had been arising daily. This is the first week of full operation so I expect it's for the system's first major update.

I hope the New Test Track will be open again for Feb 2013!

Delayed openings just mean that the attraction won't be open with the rest of the park at 9am, so yes, it's fine...

Justinj2

Do single riders get a special ticket or something? How do they stop a group of 3 single riders from becoming a party of 3 at the loading area?
After your done with the Kiosk you'll stay in the Single Rider line so they well know what lane your in.

I have a question....do you have to make your own car? Is it skippable to move the process along or is it a room you must stay in for a specified amount of time? Just wondering because I'm totally not interested in designing my own car but I would want to ride the ride.
The doors remain closed till the design time is up so there's no way to leave early. I saw some guest try to leave early and the CM said they had to wait till the time is up. Best option is use FP or Single Rider so you just can ride!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Do single riders get a special ticket or something? How do they stop a group of 3 single riders from becoming a party of 3 at the loading area?
Single riders are used to fill empty spots, a single rider cannot specify any seating preferences at all.

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking. :confused:

wedenterprises

After your done with the Kiosk you'll stay in the Single Rider line so they well know what lane your in.

The doors remain closed till the design time is up so there's no way to leave early. I saw some guest try to leave early and the CM said they had to wait till the time is up. Best option is use FP or Single Rider so you just can ride!

Ok thanks!

wedenterprises

Single riders are used to fill empty spots, a single rider cannot specify any seating preferences at all.

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking. :confused:

I was wondering if the single riders just merged with the FP folks... Meaning that a group could pretend to be single riders then magically become a group again at the very end.

G00fyDad

I was wondering if the single riders just merged with the FP folks... Meaning that a group could pretend to be single riders then magically become a group again at the very end.

I would imagine, someone correct me if I am wrong, that a single rider is kept separate from the normal queue line until they reach the "Seat Assigning CM" at which point they will be directed to fill a single empty seat beside two people riding together.

WDWBryan

I would imagine, someone correct me if I am wrong, that a single rider is kept separate from the normal queue line until they reach the "Seat Assigning CM" at which point they will be directed to fill a single empty seat beside two people riding together.
Correct. The single ride line goes all the way to the load area. You are not asked how many in the party. They know you're in the single line and tell you where to go

nytimez

Correct. The single ride line goes all the way to the load area. You are not asked how many in the party. They know you're in the single line and tell you where to go

This is true - but in TT1, groups would enter via the single rider line and then cross over to the regular line during the lulls between pre-show exits.

EOD K9

On TT 1.0 my wife and I rode singles. We got put in a car with a group of four. It was rare, but we both ended up in the same car. I wouldn't count on that being the norm though.

The Empress Lilly

Oh yay people who haven't tried the attraction in person are . Look at them everyone! Look at their unfounded Negativity.
I haven't ridden but I have a positive opinion about TT. I want to be called out for unfounded Positivity! :D

Opinions are not set in stone. They gradually form, then slowly evolve, based on one's experience with the ride.

I predict that soon, we'll have many 'second generation' reviews of TT. By people who raved about it initially, but now discover that they don't feel the need to spend nine minutes sim-designing a car every single time. Will that mean people who have not ridden it for more than five times will have an unfounded opinion?

disney magic 06

I am typically not one who enjoys interactive elements and usually prefer to just enjoy an attraction. Initially I was not excited about building a car at all, and sort of rolled my eyes when I first heard about it. After experiencing it I am very suprised at how fun it was to create the sim car and have it follow you through to the end. In fact, I think it is one of the few attractions that I wont get a fastpass for. It is something you will have to experience yourself. The fun of the interactive elements definitely was a suprise to me. It may suprise you as well. Then again it may not, but either way I look forward to your report.

disney magic 06

I am typically not one who enjoys interactive elements and usually prefer to just enjoy an attraction. Initially I was not excited about building a car at all, and sort of rolled my eyes when I first heard about it. After experiencing it I am very suprised at how fun it was to create the sim car and have it follow you through to the end. In fact, I think it is one of the few attractions that I wont get a fastpass for. It is something you will have to experience yourself. The fun of the interactive elements definitely was a suprise to me. It may suprise you as well. Then again it may not, but either way I look forward to your report.

Whoops sorry, wrong button pressed!

Thank you for your very interesting and encouraging reply. I will definately give the whole design concept a go, I'll try anything and am often surprised that the things I don't particularly fancy turn out to be favourites - eg Tower of Terror and Mission Space! I hope I find it an enjoyable as you did, have a while to wait though, we don't arrive until 29th April.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think the original question about singles was how the design process impacts the traditional lines. Aka how do they keep fp and singles from cross mingling during the design phase? Are the design terminals in the line itself and singles and fp have their own separate terminals. Or do they go into a room, similar to standby

t3techcom18

I think the original question about singles was how the design process impacts the traditional lines. Aka how do they keep fp and singles from cross mingling during the design phase? Are the design terminals in the line itself and singles and fp have their own separate terminals. Or do they go into a room, similar to standby

Seperate terminals in the same open room.

aladdin2007

Rode it yesterday for first time since reopening, I loved it. It seems like it goes ten times faster I dont know why, maybe because theres more darkness and scenes with light effects so you feel like your going faster? But even the outside track portion felt faster. They did a great job all around I think. Theres so much to look at and check out inside but your goign so fast with so much going on around you that this morning I cant even recall what I saw lolol. Love the future city though!! and the laser trees etc etc.

Heres what I didnt like about the fast pass. The design terminal area, complete bottleneck, no crowd control, no one knew what to do or how to proceed. No one even seemed to care about the little white cards and a lot of people just ignored it all together, they didnt want to be bothered with the touch screen thing they just wanted to keep moving and ride the ride. The line falls apart in that area and people just stand there. Its not a good set up. Might work out fine for the standby line with the big design room but they need to do away with this for fastpass. The white cards were all over the floor, then left in the cars, castmembers having to fish them out, I dont see this feature lasting too long. And scanning it in before you get in the car does nothing. I dont see where any of the information is implemented or used. If there are signs in the ride with info I never saw them, your going too fast and looking at too much to even see it or care.

ps: the standby line was 80min long, and looked horrible, the fastpass line extended outside as well, the standby looks like it never moves thanks to fastpass. People are in for a mega long wait in the standby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom