Test Track and General Motors

devoy1701

Given that test track is one giant set of bends, its hardly appropriate to feature an American car manufacturer, or are the chassis Opel?

As for Toyota, they have problems too and have scaled back massively in production. Perhaps Smart, as one of the few manufacturers showing increased sales could feature, after all it is Disney a make believe world.

There is a big piece in UK based Marketing Week about how wonderful sponsorship is for Disney, and if the marketing men are to be believed ( that will be the day) a loss of a sponsor is a major blow, well thats how I see it if they can spin sponsorship as being so positive.

Would love to see how Smart holds up against a Semi...

and last I heard, since gas came back down, Smart sales came down with it...atleast here in the good old US.

The fact that it wouldn't hold up against probably even an F-150 and that it doesn't have the HP I like definitely keeps me from EVER looking to buy a Smart.

I don't get why no one ever thinks about Nissan as a good possible sponsor... :dazzle:

hokielutz

You'd seriously pick a Cobalt, or a Fusion over a Corolla for quality build? You must be drinking nutty juice.

You obviously haven't driven a Fusion. I'd take that over a Corolla any day because of: fit & finish, comfort, features, performance, etc. Toyota hasn't done anything really bold or defining in many years with its sedans. The Hybrid Camry wasn't designed/engineered with a very efficient Hybrid system, thus its going to lose to the 2010 Fusion Hybrid easily.

hokielutz

Would love to see how Smart holds up against a Semi...

and last I heard, since gas came back down, Smart sales came down with it...atleast here in the good old US.

The fact that it wouldn't hold up against probably even an F-150 and that it doesn't have the HP I like definitely keeps me from EVER looking to buy a Smart.

I don't get why no one ever thinks about Nissan as a good possible sponsor... :dazzle:

Seriously.... I can't wait to see what the horrifying crash test results are for those little card-board boxes on wheels. If they aren't squashed, then they will bounce off... do several roll-overs on its way to becoming an ugly mangled cube of aluminum. I'm sorry, is that too un-Disney for this forum?

Smart cars would probably be ok for an urban commuter road that is restricted to like-sized cars. Oh heck... just gut the entire powertrain, and transform its chassis into a new TTA/WEDWay passenger vehicle in the "City of Tomorrow."

mcjaco

You obviously haven't driven a Fusion. I'd take that over a Corolla any day because of: fit & finish, comfort, features, performance, etc. Toyota hasn't done anything really bold or defining in many years with its sedans. The Hybrid Camry wasn't designed/engineered with a very efficient Hybrid system, thus its going to lose to the 2010 Fusion Hybrid easily.

That was supposed to read Focus......

And in a later post I had said, I'd really only been in GM's over the past six to seven years.

I'm past the age where I need something bold or defining, Toyota's designs suit me fine. I don't need a car to define me. We've had nothing but good luck with them since our first in '82. Which is not what I can say about any of the domestics we've bought since then. It's luck of the draw sometimes, as we had a 2003 CR-V that was lemon from the get go.

jillybeaner21

ok as someone who mostly reads rather posts around here you know this is really upsetting me.

First off, as someone who is a former Toyota employee, who's father has worked for them for nearly 25 years, and who has in general been around the car industry for her entire life, I think it's very childish to be name-calling and putting down companies just because you don't like what they make. The point of this thread was who the sponsor was. Not who makes better cars.

So on the topic of sponsor...

1 - I think it's showing fiscal responsibility on the part of GM to back out of the sponsorship. Hands down, they can't afford
2 - I also think it should NOT be one of the companies getting the bailout. Obviously they don't know how to run a company so they shouldn't be spending money at Disney when they need to concentrate on either making a better product, or just making a product that people want to buy
3 - On a personal note....I would LOVE Toyota to be the sponsor! haha and that's my "personal" opnion

Lighten up everyone. It's Disney, I'm sure they aren't going to let anything bad happen to one of their major attractions and no matter who sponsors...it's gonna be great! It's Disney for crying out loud haha :D

marsrunner

With all those Ford/Toyota Domestic/Foreign car makers talk, I'd just like to say that I love my '09 Mustang (V6 manual transmission) and my wife loves her '09 Scion tC.
The Scion tC is a surprisingly fast little car (manual transmission, both are).
They are both really good cars so far. Before this I had a '97 Probe and she had a '95 Celica which were also both great cars. Of course, the Probe was basically a Mazda, but still. :)
I don't really think it matters where the sponsor comes from, as long as they don't make terrible and/or boring cars (Hyundai, Kia, etc.).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Seriously.... I can't wait to see what the horrifying crash test results are for those little card-board boxes on wheels. If they aren't squashed, then they will bounce off... do several roll-overs on its way to becoming an ugly mangled cube of aluminum. I'm sorry, is that too un-Disney for this forum?

Smart cars would probably be ok for an urban commuter road that is restricted to like-sized cars. Oh heck... just gut the entire powertrain, and transform its chassis into a new TTA/WEDWay passenger vehicle in the "City of Tomorrow."

Perhaps if you colonials werent such bad drivers impact damage wouldnt be such a factor. Besides whats the point of surviving the impact if the cars just going to explode anyway. I watch the movies so I know its true.

Funny thing is US cars dont score highly in the NCAP ratings :lol:

Jasonflz

:lol::sohappy: I honestly agree with you. Those ugly box shaped cars are screaming metal deathtraps. I wouldn't ride in a smart car if someone offered free tickets to Disneyland. Disneyworld, maybe.

Jasonflz

We agree to disagree. Toyota main not be stylish but, just like crocs, they sure work for their purpose. Just my $2.

EpcotServo

Hmnh. Don't know what's with all the arguing. Truth is all the Car Companies are Evil and America just happens to be the most dependent on their gas-guzzling-planet-destroying-public-transportation-killing drugs.

:shrug:

(And to those of you reading this on your Blackberry while eating a KFC Famous Bowl and driving down the Road in your SUV, I apologize for offending you.)

SirGoofy

Hmnh. Don't know what's with all the arguing. Truth is all the Car Companies are Evil and America just happens to be the most dependent on their gas-guzzling-planet-destroying-public-transportation-killing drugs.

(And to those of you reading this on your Blackberry while eating a KFC Famous Bowl and driving down the Road in your SUV, I apologize for offending you.)

:lol:

Jasonflz

:lol: You make more sense than anyone else on this thread.

glendroid

With all those Ford/Toyota Domestic/Foreign car makers talk, I'd just like to say that I love my '09 Mustang (V6 manual transmission) and my wife loves her '09 Scion tC.
The Scion tC is a surprisingly fast little car (manual transmission, both are).
They are both really good cars so far. Before this I had a '97 Probe and she had a '95 Celica which were also both great cars. Of course, the Probe was basically a Mazda, but still. :)
I don't really think it matters where the sponsor comes from, as long as they don't make terrible and/or boring cars (Hyundai, Kia, etc.).

i think hyundai has improved greatly recently.
112_0805_02z+hyundai_genesis_coupe+three_quarters_rear_view.jpg

this hyundai can have 306 HP with the option of the upgraded engine and still get good fuel economy. might i add the genesis looks rather nice too :D

Also wouldn't it be great if BMW sponsored? =O
after look at all their neat museums on the internet that they have in Germany i would love for them to sponsor TT! just my input ;)

Animaniac93-98

I can't believe how much bickering is going on about cars here, I mean I'm perfectly happy with my Velo Quadricycle:

747px-Benz-velo.jpg

Of course I would also be happy with a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost but I'm not exactly as rich as former primer Harlan Carey Brewster.

DisneyDrum

Not to further the argument, but Smart cars have a central steel cage that does pretty well in crashes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHpUO-S0i8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom