Test Track and General Motors

devoy1701

If Toyota takes over sponsorship would they make it more hybrid oriented since EPCOT is suppoed to be environmentally friendly and all that stuff. Just a idea.

Epcot is not supposed to be environmentally friendly per se...its supposed to showcase the lastest and greatest technologies available to us and ideas that are not yet available...environmentally friendly or not.

I'm not saying that a new sponsorship for Test Track won't be focused on hybrid technology...but hybrids, fuel cells, solar powered, more efficient combustion engines, or something completely revolutionary that is still merely a concept should all be included. Just focusing on Hybrid tech is such a small piece of the World of Motion.

and call me a hater but I won't trade my Horsepower for Fuel efficiency...sorry.

devoy1701

Toyota is the greatest car company in the world and they will expect the ride they sponsor to be up to very high standards. I hope Disney is ready to raise the bar for them.

Ha, yeah, right. If boring, bland and mediocre are your cup of tea.

Ha...there is nothing worse than getting behind a Camry on the road...its a given in my area that if you get behind a Camry you'll be lucky to get up to the posted Speed Limit. :brick:

And IMO, Nissan is the greatest car company in the world...and the Maxima is the greatest car in the world! Mwa ha ha! :drevil:

hokielutz

If Government Motors CEO, B.H.O., is not up for sponsoring Test Track again, then might I suggest that Disney seek out the one other major Domestic car manufacturer (Ford) for a proposal, before taking offers from foreign car makers.

I know that business is business.... and if you miss an opportunity, tough luck. But I think Ford's recent advances with the new Fusion hybrid, redesigned Taurus, technological innovations, would very much fit with the test track theme. I think it would be worth Disney giving them a call for a chance at sponsorship... and then give the pavillion a good facelift.

montyz81

Greatest is a weasel word anyway.

Whenever someone says something is the "greatest" or the "best" I just sort of let that comment slide on by. It shows the person did not put much thought into making the comment in the first place.

-dave

Agreed!

MM15Disney

Yup pretty much. Toyota used to destroy GM / Ford cars in the past in reliability (especially in the 90's). But that gap is now very much gone. New GM / Ford cars are just as well made as your basic Corolla.

Well stated

If Government Motors CEO, B.H.O., is not up for sponsoring Test Track again, then might I suggest that Disney seek out the one other major Domestic car manufacturer (Ford) for a proposal, before taking offers from foreign car makers.

I know that business is business.... and if you miss an opportunity, tough luck. But I think Ford's recent advances with the new Fusion hybrid, redesigned Taurus, technological innovations, would very much fit with the test track theme. I think it would be worth Disney giving them a call for a chance at sponsorship... and then give the pavillion a good facelift.

Agreed. I can understand Honda or Toyota sponsoring one of the foreign theme parks, but an American company should sponsor at WDW at DLR/DCA IMO.

and call me a hater but I won't trade my Horsepower for Fuel efficiency...sorry.

That's what I'm talkin bout :D

montyz81

Ford has already had a relationship with Disney in the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgna1hj3jvA Why not just continue with the next version of the Magic Skyway.

Glasgow

I don't care if Bob's Used Cars sponsors it .. as long as it has a sponsor and doesn't fall into disrepair like, oh I don't know, several other FW attractions

zweltar

As long as a quality company that will give the attraction the attention it needs (and deserves!) takes over after GM, I will be happy.

mcjaco

Yup pretty much. Toyota used to destroy GM / Ford cars in the past in reliability (especially in the 90's). But that gap is now very much gone. New GM / Ford cars are just as well made as your basic Corolla.

You'd seriously pick a Cobalt, or a Fusion over a Corolla for quality build? You must be drinking nutty juice.

Agreed. I can understand Honda or Toyota sponsoring one of the foreign theme parks, but an American company should sponsor at WDW at DLR/DCA IMO.

Too late for that. *cough* Siemens *cough*

Figment632

I wish they would get rid of TT all together, here in NJ we to faster than that on the parkway. My biggest problem with it is there is nothing at all futuristic about it. It doesn't belong in FW, tear it down.

DisneyCane

You'd seriously pick a Cobalt, or a Fusion over a Corolla for quality build? You must be drinking nutty juice.

Ummmmm.....my 1997 Mustang that lives on with the next door neighbor's daughter has over 170,000 miles and still runs great. My 1989 Mustang still ran great when I traded it in 1997 with 140,000 miles on it and my current 2005 Chevy Avalanche with 130,000 miles currently on it still runs great too.

The "crappy quality Domestic car" mantra is a myth and hasn't been true for well over a decade with GM and Ford.

The only thing Toyota has over the domestics right now maybe is a better hybrid but that's about to change since the Ford Fusion Hybrid is supposed to get better milage than the Toyota Camry Hybrid. My Wife's Ford Escape Hybrid is also a great car and she averages 33-34 MPG on mixed City/Hwy driving. Pretty good for a descent sized SUV/Crossover.

mcjaco

Ummmmm.....my 1997 Mustang that lives on with the next door neighbor's daughter has over 170,000 miles and still runs great. My 1989 Mustang still ran great when I traded it in 1997 with 140,000 miles on it and my current 2005 Chevy Avalanche with 130,000 miles currently on it still runs great too.

The "crappy quality Domestic car" mantra is a myth and hasn't been true for well over a decade with GM and Ford.

The only thing Toyota has over the domestics right now maybe is a better hybrid but that's about to change since the Ford Fusion Hybrid is supposed to get better milage than the Toyota Camry Hybrid. My Wife's Ford Escape Hybrid is also a great car and she averages 33-34 MPG on mixed City/Hwy driving. Pretty good for a descent sized SUV/Crossover.

Not sure it's a myth, but it's an argument neither us will win. And using a Mustang isn't a fair comparison. That's Ford's little baby. I like the Fusion, and it's about the first US car in over a decade I might look at. After renting multiple GM's over the past six years, I don't think I'd be sad to see them go. They've lost touch with the consumer base, and I'm sorry the quality is not good. That being said, my 2006 RAV4 is no where near the quality of our 1984 Camry.

You are the one who needs to watch what you say, once the mods figure out you are back............. :wave:

I hope it's soon. :animwink:

HMF

Well stated
Except that Americans make inferior cars and Epcot is supposed to be about all the countries of the world.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Given that test track is one giant set of bends, its hardly appropriate to feature an American car manufacturer, or are the chassis Opel?

As for Toyota, they have problems too and have scaled back massively in production. Perhaps Smart, as one of the few manufacturers showing increased sales could feature, after all it is Disney a make believe world.

There is a big piece in UK based Marketing Week about how wonderful sponsorship is for Disney, and if the marketing men are to be believed ( that will be the day) a loss of a sponsor is a major blow, well thats how I see it if they can spin sponsorship as being so positive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom