Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

kchapman0927

Hello all. First time posting on something. My kids and I love the site. I think redoing the tommorrowland speedway with the Tron theme would be a good idea. Change the cars to electric and use enclosed cars and motorcycles for safety. At night is when this ride would really shine.

janoimagine

It would be news to me.
I've heard of some "Tron-ish elements" as parts of the refurb, but nothing too extensive.:shrug:

This would also conincide with the models I saw in the Design Dome at the Tech Center in Warren, a couple months back.

TinkerBell9988

I'm guessing the OP means an attraction that has a look and feel of the Tron movies whilst still being related to automobile design... Not TronTrack.

Kind of like how Tron reminds me of the old Transcenter at the end of WoM? Or am I the only one who sees relations between those two? :lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Here's an example we can use (sorta)

Remember Body Wars? It was like Innerspace, but was never tied to Innerspace or had any connection, yet the similarities were quite obvious.

Also, if I may, Countdown to Extinction/Dinosaur's building does draw some elements from the style of the buildings in Jurassic Park...yes they are different for obvious reasons, but I think the feeling is similar.

Spaceship Earth has a "Matrix" type tunnel now before you reach the top..but it also doesn't tie into the Matrix in any other way

The Duck

I still miss World of Motion but I guess I'll see Uncle Remus added to Splash Mountain before I see the likes of WoM again. (sigh).

raven

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry, no Tron, Chevrolet.

1223110523.jpg

Will it be Tron-esque? A few small print elements but that's about it. Lee and I chatted a little last night about this. The ride will stay relatively the same. The queue, preshow and postshow will be the major overhaul. New costumes are coming too.

Test Track will close after the Easter rush and "set" open September 21st. (The small time window should be enough to tell you it's no major reworking of the actual ride.)

:wave:

NoChesterHester

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry, no Tron, Chevrolet.

1223110523.jpg

Will it be Tron-esque? A few small print elements but that's about it. Lee and I chatted a little last night about this. The ride will stay relatively the same. The queue, preshow and postshow will be the major overhaul. New costumes are coming too.

Test Track will close after the Easter rush and "set" open September 21st. (The small time window should be enough to tell you it's no major reworking of the actual ride.)

:wave:

I was hoping for more, but any sort of refresh is welcome + needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom