Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

Captain Chaos

It would be fun to see a Test Track update, but let's be serious......Imagination really needs the update. I could see a Tron attraction taking the place of Captain EO...;)

Imagination needs it, but there is one word that makes Test Track happen before Imagination: SPONSOR..

GM sponsors Test Track and will shell out the money to pay for a refurb or update or new attraction... Imagination has no sponsor, and Disney would have to shell the money out.. We know how TDO hates to spend money, so, which attraction gets the refurb/update???

wdwfan4ver

You are way off. Test Track isn't getting a tron theme a first place. It is true the Test Track is getting a long refurbishment in 2012 according to insiders on this forum before you mentioned it.

The 3rd thing is what I read on Miceage on December 19th under Orlando Parkhopper. Chevy wants to give Test Track a proper make over, but the folks of Miceage isn't 100 percent sure if the proposed redo is going to happen because of all the sources are up in Fantasyland Expansion and in potential Avatar projects. The proposed redo for Test Track is supposed to be some additional theme, story and soundtrack to Test Track.

The info in Miceage actually makes it question of if a refurbishment for Test Track is going to happen in 2012 or it will be getting the "Spaceship Earth" treat if it happens. The Spaceship Earth treatment is an attraction that gets redo, but the attraction was reopened without everything being completed. That is why the Spaceship Earth ending is the way it is.

aladdin2007

You are way off. Test Track isn't getting a tron theme a first place. It is true the Test Track is getting a long refurbishment in 2012 according to insiders on this forum before you mentioned it.

The 3rd thing is what I read on Miceage on December 19th under Orlando Parkhopper. Chevy wants to give Test Track a proper make over, but the folks of Miceage isn't 100 percent sure if the proposed redo is going to happen because of all the sources are up in Fantasyland Expansion and in potential Avatar projects. The proposed redo for Test Track is supposed to be some additional theme, story and soundtrack to Test Track.

The info in Miceage actually makes it question of if a refurbishment for Test Track is going to happen in 2012 or it will be getting the "Spaceship Earth" treat if it happens. The Spaceship Earth treatment is an attraction that gets redo, but the attraction was reopened without everything being completed. That is why the Spaceship Earth ending is the way it is.

Please no not again!!!! This is a bad habit they have gotten into, half way do something and leave it. Spaceship Earth, PeopleMover, etc. Lets hope GM or whoever wants to do it up right, unlike Siemens and TDO for example.

Thelazer

Interesting enough... I had a dream about this a few weeks back....

Here are the highlights:

Yes Daft Punk Music is used.

Cars Re-themed. Think glowing back-lit LED panels, all over the cars outside.
LED effects etc. (See the "Tron" themed chopper build etc)

Overall premise is *YOU* are going "INTO" "THE GRID"

Load area - Themed to Flynn arcade.
Zap by laser gun, going up hill (hill climb)

At top of hill climb, overview look of "the game grid..."

You view the game grid from top of hill. You'll see cars below "glow" thru the grid, leaving tails behind them... (combination of live video tracking of real cars on track, and real time 3d projection effects.. yes you'll have to wear 3d Glasses for this ride.)

You descend down the hill.... into the game grid, chasing other cars along the way.

Possible new incorporation of new track switch elements to give random path effect?

All elements of the old "testing" are gone.. complete re-theme, darker, better effects, lots of video / 3d projection incorporated along the ride path. Overall ride feels faster, as you "chase" other cars in your quest to complete the game and escape!

Game ends, with you being transported out into the real world
(crash doors, outdoor loop)

Arrival back into alleyway behind "Flynn's Arcade.. (much like Rock-en Roller Coaster Load Area Themeing)

J

RunnerEd

Here are the highlights:

You view the game grid from top of hill. You'll see cars below "glow" thru the grid, leaving tails behind them... (combination of live video tracking of real cars on track, and real time 3d projection effects.. yes you'll have to wear 3d Glasses for this ride.)

You descend down the hill.... into the game grid, chasing other cars along the way.

Possible new incorporation of new track switch elements to give random path effect?

All elements of the old "testing" are gone.. complete re-theme, darker, better effects, lots of video / 3d projection incorporated along the ride path. Overall ride feels faster, as you "chase" other cars in your quest to complete the game and escape!

Arrival back into alleyway behind "Flynn's Arcade.. (much like Rock-en Roller Coaster Load Area Themeing)

J

Start working on this NOW!!!! Sweet

DarthGrady

Whatever happens I just hope they at least update the intro video. You can only watch a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am get crashed so many times. A few of the brands in that video don't even exist anymore. Its almost embarrassing to watch.

Flight Safety

Get ready for TRON.

Hows that for FUTURE world? :)

:brick: This is very, very wishful thinking. As much as I love TRON, I would die to have an actual TRON attraction.

Oh please have a Daft Punk ride score..Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please!!!!:D
Daft-Punk-006.jpg

When I heard they were composing the score for the film, I went nuts! I am a very big Daft Punk fan. Robot Rock baby!

Why would they update the cars right before changing the theme?

I call shenanigans.

I must say, I hope to be eating my words, but unfortunately I must too call shenanigans.

Here are the highlights:

J

Not a bad start! :sohappy:

Whatever happens I just hope they at least update the intro video. You can only watch a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am get crashed so many times. A few of the brands in that video don't even exist anymore. Its almost embarrassing to watch.

I must say, I too feel the exact same way! I can't stand the fact that its so out-dated. Not to mention that the audio is so terrible, there is almost always at least one blown speaker in the pre-show room. I find myself sneaking through the crowd very quickly to beat the doors closing on the opposite side. Not simply to get past a hoard of people in line, but because I can't stand standing there during the agonizing pain of the pre-show. :hammer:

My Take:
Big TRON fan here, big Daft fan here, but I have just one simple question. What business does General Motors have with TRON? Are they going to stick a GM logo on the side of a light runner or light cycle? Doubt it. Someone answer that with a realistic scenario, and then maybe we could start discussing this. :cool:

Lee

Adventurer
It would be news to me.
I've heard of some "Tron-ish elements" as parts of the refurb, but nothing too extensive.:shrug:

ToTBellHop

Integrating some futuristic Tron-ish elements (putting Test Track back in Future World) could happen in 4-6 months. A full retheme to Tron would take at least a year (to do well) or 9 months to do TDO-style.

The Empress Lilly

Martin, Lee, OP: does this mean we will finally be rid of that awful scaffolding that destroys the view of the sleek curved elegance of the beautiful WoM building?

As for 'Tron-ish elements' - I fully support anything that puts an end to the current Test Track theme of 'loud, obnoxious, agressive and ugly'. I'd support a Fred Flintstone overlay if that's what it takes.

aladdin2007

Martin, Lee, OP: does this mean we will finally be rid of that awful scaffolding that destroys the view of the sleek curved elegance of the beautiful WoM building?

As for 'Tron-ish elements' - I fully support anything that puts an end to the current Test Track theme of 'loud, obnoxious, agressive and ugly'. I'd support a Fred Flintstone overlay if that's what it takes.

My favorite post in this thread, spot on! :wave:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
:brick: This is very, very wishful thinking. As much as I love TRON, I would die to have an actual TRON attraction.

When I heard they were composing the score for the film, I went nuts! I am a very big Daft Punk fan. Robot Rock baby!

I must say, I hope to be eating my words, but unfortunately I must too call shenanigans.

Repeating my above post...

In calling "shenanigans", are you asserting that you believe that:

a. wdw71fan is lying and does not believe his prediction, but is just screwing with us?
b. wdw71fan is making a bold prediction that he has little basis for?
c. wdw71fan has been fed false information, such that, even thought wdw71fan believes it, the person who fed him the informaiton does not?
d. wdw71fan is correct that people are considering this, but you believe they will change their minds before a green light is given?
e. something else.

My Take:
Big TRON fan here, big Daft fan here, but I have just one simple question. What business does General Motors have with TRON? Are they going to stick a GM logo on the side of a light runner or light cycle? Doubt it. Someone answer that with a realistic scenario, and then maybe we could start discussing this. :cool:

I'm with you in that I'd be surprised at a full-blown Tron redo of Test Track, but there's plenty of situations where an attraction sponsor had virtually no obivous tie to an attraction. Pepsi and It's a Small World. RCA and Space Mountain. HP/Compaq and Mission:Space. M&Ms and Star Tours. Energizer and Star Tours. IBM and Star Tours (Paris).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom